PDA

View Full Version : Two Worlds Royal Edition UK strictly limited

Ayiu
01-09-2011, 02:54 AM
The Two Worlds 2 Royal Edition which will be out in UK on February 4th will be limited to 2500 copies and exclusive to game.

My humble self just got the lame german version which was produced way more than 2500 copies and that from the own developer ^^

gurpswoo1
01-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Many Many thanks for the Heads up. Have ordered my copy now from Game

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?&s=Two+Worlds+Collector's+Edition+-+GAME+Exclusive

Mandingo
01-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Only 2500 available? Wow, limited indeed.

Ayiu
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
yeah, but there's nothing different to the german Royal Edition...except that all texts are in english and a BBFC or PEGI sign and only that make it's limited :banghead:

Mandingo
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Ah, I see.

gurpswoo1
01-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I have been told that there will 2500 units per platform and not 2500 total units.

Mandingo
01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
So, that makes 7500 units total.

gurpswoo1
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
So, that makes 7500 units total.

:rotf: - Yes that's correct, there will be 7500 units in total being produced.

I would get the PC and Xbox360 version which I think will be the most in demand.

Wonder how many will remian sealed.

Mandingo
01-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I can't believe I got that right - I am horrible at math. :lol:

Ayiu
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Ah, alright thanks I read this on trueachievements and there was no addition that there will 2500 units per platform. But even 7500 doesn't sound that bad.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-14-2011, 07:04 AM
The Two Worlds 2 Royal Edition which will be out in UK on February 4th will be limited to 2500 copies and exclusive to game.

I have been told that there will 2500 units per platform and not 2500 total units.

This is very interesting information! Do you have a site for reference so we may include this information in the database? Word of mouth and hearsay aren't substantial evidence, and citation is needed i'm afraid.

This doesn't surprise me though. Several recent CE's for the UK have been extremely limited in comparison to their European counterparts. I think this is mainly because they generally use the PEGI system in Europe, whereas here we have the BBFC, and so UK versions have to be specially created specifically for our market, whereas most European releases are interchangable between each European country. Eg, they can create one CE which serves France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Austria etc

This can be observed with other CE's such as Lords Of Shadow, Fallout New Vegas, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Codex Edition, which were all significantly limited in comparison to the European releases

gurpswoo1
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
I really need to start referencing, I can't find the news site that stated the 2500 units per platform.

I have contacted GAME for confirmation and will get back to you on this as soon I hear from them.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I really need to start referencing, I can't find the news site that stated the 2500 units per platform.

I either bookmark these sorts of things I come across, or I make a forum post somewhere with a link to the information for future reference O:)

gurpswoo1
01-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I think you should put this down in the forum guide and maybe even in the rules.

You make a good point, these references are quite inportant.

Mandingo
01-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I agree; referencing would be ultimately good for the collector community here.

Ayiu
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.trueachievements.com/n2675/two-worlds-ii-uk-release-date-finalised.htm

This is where I read it.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I have asked GAME to confirm this via Twitter:

@Gamedigital (http://twitter.com/Gamedigital) - I heard that the Royal Edition of Two Worlds II will be limited to only 2,500 units per console. Can you confirm this please?

gurpswoo1
01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
I still haven't heard anything from GAME, however I found this site with unboxing pictures.

No idea if this is the UK limited version or the German version already released.

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/01/16/two-worlds-ii-royal-edition-unboxing/

Gemini-Phoenix
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
I still haven't heard from GAME either. Feel free to join me on Twitter, as you can quite often get an answer in real-time if you are lucky

Ayiu
01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I still haven't heard anything from GAME, however I found this site with unboxing pictures.

No idea if this is the UK limited version or the German version already released.

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/01/16/two-worlds-ii-royal-edition-unboxing/

This could really just be the german Version...because you can't see the game and the outer package.

gurpswoo1
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
This could really just be the german Version...because you can't see the game and the outer package.

Yeah, thought as much. No real way of telling.

gurpswoo1
01-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Ok finally got a reply from Game:

Thank you for your email.

The issue you have raised is unknown to GAME and we recommend you visit the publisher’s website to solve your question(s).

Contact details are usually found on the packaging of the game, but if you have lost any of these details they can be found on the company's website.

I apologise that I cannot assist you further.

Regards,

Nicola W

The Team at GAME

What a waste a time that was.

Mandingo
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
What a waste a time that was.

Yeah really, but perhaps not unexpected.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Yes, could be the European version, but would have to be entirely in English, and also feature the BBFC logo. It is likely that this will be specially comissioned for the UK market, hence why it will apparently be so limited because they will have to be made up especially for the UK, whereas a European version can be sold across most countries in Europe

gurpswoo1
01-24-2011, 09:50 PM
The NTSC version is restricted to 5000 copies.

http://www.gamingbits.com/general-gaming-news-bits/two-worlds-ii-royal-edition-limited-to-5000-units-for-north-america/

Mandingo
01-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for that info. I wish every CE was released with this sort of transparency.

Ayiu
01-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Why wasn't it limited in Germany :boredo:

Mandingo
01-25-2011, 12:34 AM
The NTSC version is restricted to 5000 copies.

It also appears that NTSC Royal Edition is being released one week after the regular edition... ok.

gurpswoo1
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
It also appears that NTSC Royal Edition is being released one week after the regular edition... ok

LOL - shouldn't it be the other way round to boost turnover.

I will never understand these publishers.

Knoell
01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello, Im new as you can probably see. I am glad I could finally find a site dedicated to collectors editions, you probably know how hard it is to find information on them in the same place.

But on topic, it concerns me that the X360 Royal Edition NTSC version is still available for preorder at gamestop when there is only 5,000 copies.

This tells me one of two things: I am going to get an e-mail from gamestop saying my preorder is on backorder in the very near future, or this game is going to sell very badly.

What do you guys think?

gurpswoo1
01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, you should start a thread in the introduction section, love to hear about your collection.

--
Until we get confirmation that the 5000 units is total there's no way we can tell how limited it is.

It could be that it is 5000 units per platform, not likely though, I would guess the PC and xbox version will sell out first.

I doubt gamestop will say the game is on back order when they know the allocation before hand, they can't be that stupid or can they?

Considering that the UK is getting 2500 units, I would expect the USA version to sell out very quickly compared to the UK which has half the allocation but with a fifth of the population.

Also remember that if the 5000 units do not sell out, they will be distributed to the stores, where we all know they will open them up so less sealed version out there. Making your copy more valuable down the line.

Mandingo
01-26-2011, 12:50 AM
And remember that the original Two Worlds game bombed commercially. So, even though these editions seem very limited, the demand may not be so high. I wouldn't worry about not recieving your Royal Edition if you've already pre-ordered.

Knoell
01-26-2011, 01:05 AM
I will post my collection as soon as I can get a hold of a camera. It is crazy how different some of your collections look because you collect the PAL versions and such.

I agree with you guys though, we don't know the details about 5000 units and the game did perform poorly on its first release. I wonder how well it will do this time then, it seems half the people pop in on forums to say that they heard the first one sucked so they will never buy this one. Meh we will say.

The CE does look pretty cool though.

Mandingo
01-26-2011, 03:13 AM
I will post my collection as soon as I can get a hold of a camera.

Good, can't wait to see it, and hopefully we'll have another active Amerikaner (?) on this forum.

Ayiu
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
I wonder how well it will do this time then, it seems half the people pop in on forums to say that they heard the first one sucked so they will never buy this one. Meh we will say.

I already played Two Worlds II and finished it with 1000gs. Imo it was really a great game. Not compareable to the first one. The story and all the different guild quests were great. At no time the game was boring.
Even the multiplayer was a lot of fun. Highly recommended.