PDA

View Full Version : Packaging

enemyzero
01-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I was just wondering how many of you have had a packaging disaster and who we all think are good or bad?

We end up paying a lot for these games and there is nothing worse than a box arriving and it looking all dented or in a cheap bag like package. I for one certainly fear for the contents inside.

So far I think I have been lucky and the worst I have experienced is HMV (annoyingly who I now have two preorders with) Went I got my Alien vs Predator survivor it turned up badly dented so making a poor CE even worse. I had the same packing for Tekken 6 CE from Play so that is dented as well.

Both used cheap grey bags with little padding to protect the boxes.

So for me HMV and Play are not good.

I do rate

Game
Gameplay
Amazon

Mandingo
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah, the biggest (or one of the biggest) annoyances of a collector, is when items are shipped using insufficient protection. This is why I prefer buying my CE's at brick & mortar stores so I can check the condition of the items directly before payment.

And you know what, I would pay a little extra online just to ensure any CE I order arrives packaged properly. Amazon has something called "packaging feedback", but I'm not entirely sure how effective this program has been for us hardcore collectors.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Don't talk to me about bad packaging! We have an entire thread dedicated to damaged items (Mostly CE's) over on SGH:

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1969

I don't really rate any retailer above any other where packaging is concerned, as they are all as bad as one another, although GAME do have the easiest returns policy.

gurpswoo1
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
The worst one and the ones to stay away from are:

Play.com
Axelmusic - so bad it's should be closed down.
My Memmory
zavvi group
Shopto.net

The better ones are:

Amazon
Play-asia
Yes-asia
Game group- Depending on QTD ordered, good retrun policy

Mandingo
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Yup, Play-Asia are very good with their packaging. Recommended.

enemyzero
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Agreed play Asia are very good. I also find there newsletter pretty handy too.

scourdx
01-12-2011, 02:40 AM
I ordered from them and they are good. They package it petty good and highly recommended.

giGant
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Yesterday, I´ve got this from shopto.net :

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9968/img0170od.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4104/img0171m.jpg

Mandingo
01-12-2011, 07:46 PM
^ Aw man, that sucks. Are you going to return it, giGant?

giGant
01-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I don´t know it yet. shopto offered me a replacement, but I want the new one first.

Ayiu
01-12-2011, 08:46 PM
My Naughty Edition which I ordered from play-Asia was totally destroyed... the original sealed leaf was ripped and the box can't really stand because it's out of shape...It looks like an elephant sat on it...

I haven't received an item from play-asia which was in perfect condition...

gurpswoo1
01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I don´t know it yet. shopto offered me a replacement, but I want the new one first.

Wow - Just seen the pictures of your Goldeneye, I bet they sent it in nothing more than a big Jiffy bag. Shopto.net have decided that instead of using a box they just use a hugh jiffy bag. Shopto really are getting worse.

I wouldn't bother getting a replacement it will just arrive damaged again. Also bear in mind they they sell both unsealed and resealed game.

However more importantly they will sometimes supply a Euro PAL game instead of UK PAL.

My Naughty Edition which I ordered from play-Asia was totally destroyed... the original sealed leaf was ripped and the box can't really stand because it's out of shape...It looks like an elephant sat on it...

I haven't received an item from play-asia which was in perfect condition...

I'm really surprised about this, everything time I have ordered something from them they arrived perfect. Obviously they are not 100% perfect. What was the packaging like for the damaged items, the ones I got were double walled boxed with bubble wrap inside.

Ayiu
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
just a cardboard box, no bubble wrap or something like that

giGant
01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I bet they sent it in nothing more than a big Jiffy bag.

Jep, thats right.

I wouldn't bother getting a replacement it will just arrive damaged again.

That´s why I want the replacement first.

Mandingo
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
That´s why I want the replacement first.

Will they do this?

giGant
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Will they do this?

I don´t know. The service didn´t answers yet. I´ll hold you up to date! :)

gurpswoo1
01-12-2011, 10:30 PM
There customer service via E-mail and the website is terrible. atleast it was for me.

I would give them a call via the freephone number: 0800 779 7777

The Darth
01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
So far the only real problem I've had is with Play.com and I won't ever order from them again. They posted the AC: Brotherhood Codex Edition in a crappy plastic bag and the end result was not pretty. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

As for Game, Gamestation, Amazon and HMV I've had no problems so far and the customer service from each of them has always been good. The odd missing item but nothing that wasn't sorted quickly.

I'm waiting for an order from Shop-to so I will see how that goes tomorrow.

Did I mention I really really hate Play.com? :banghead:

Mandingo
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
I can't believe that Play continues to get away with using jiffy bags. Play must be such a large company, that they can say "fuck you" to the little guys and still not be held responsible.

gurpswoo1
01-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Completely agree Play.com are one of the worst out their, second only to Axel music.

Mandingo
01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Also, if I can mention the import site Renchi.com. I've only ordered -one- item from them so far, but it arrived in a thin cardboard box and was severely beaten up. :lol:

gurpswoo1
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Good old forwarding agents at it again, they are are simple the worst type of service and charge so much for so little.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-14-2011, 04:57 AM
So far the only real problem I've had is with Play.com and I won't ever order from them again. They posted the AC: Brotherhood Codex Edition in a crappy plastic bag and the end result was not pretty. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

I totally sympathise! I was not happy when I received mine, as every single corner was dented.

Here's an unpacking video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2fF0VXWWH8

Belive me, I have never been so disappointed in my life! However, there is a happy ending as I managed to resell it on eBay for twice the price and purchased two more, which arrived packaged in a box nice and mint! ;)

Did I mention I really really hate Play.com? :banghead:

Did I mention I hate them even more!

1) Bought a brand new X360 from them. It arrived, used, didn't even work when I plugged it in. Sent back for replacement, conveniently lost in transit

2) Damaged Assassin's Creed Codex Edition

3) Every SteelBook I order from them arrives either dented or with loose discs

4) And this one has really got me annoyed - Sold an item via PlayTrade, transferred the money to my bank account, but a month later i've still not seen it appear. It's evaporated, and PLAY don't seem to know where it's gone!

5) Their customer services are F'ing useless! Clueless, unhelpful, and can't even understand them half the time! I hate having to ring them up, but unfortunately I have to for almost every thing I order from them!

If it wasn't for the fact that they have exclusives I can't get elsewhere, I wouldn't bother with them at all! I hate them so much, especially when there are retailers who offer a much better service!

HMV and GAME aren't perfect by a long way, but at least their returns policies are amongst the best, and you can actually get somewhere with their customer services!

giGant
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Ok, I send back my sqeezed Goldeneye CE to ShopTo.net today.

The returncosts will be refunded on my Shopaccount (9,05€). We´ll see in which condition my replaced Goldeneye arrives.

giGant
01-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi.

I recieved my replacement today from shopto in brand new condition. :thumbup:

gurpswoo1
01-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Good news, was is factory sealed with the two clear stickers on the top and base.

giGant
01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Jep, thats right.

But the packaging-guys are just awesome. The took a big Jiffy bag again, but with the flake packaging which I´ve used for the return-shipment this time! :D

Mandingo
01-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi.

I recieved my replacement today from shopto in brand new condition. :thumbup:

Good news, man. I'm glad to hear that. It took 'em long enough, but oh well, everything is good now. :D