PDA

View Full Version : PC The best and the worst CE you own!

Lux Æterna
01-13-2011, 08:43 PM
The title says all!
Explanation needed of course... is it for the contents? Or maybe its the packaging soooooooooo attractive?
And obviously something about its meager counterpart!

I'll start:

Best one: Starcraft II. Love the content and the packaging. Jims Dogtag is AWESOME.
AC 2: BE could have been another choice, but apart from Ezio's fantastic figurine i found the content too poor (eg: soundtrack bound to the dvd).

Worst: Spore: Galactic Edition. Poor of content and the packaging is too common.

Mandingo
01-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Best

StarCraft II - I agree that the quality of the packaging is simply superb, and thematically, it fits in perfectly with the feel of the game's established universe. And yeah, it actually included some ACTUALLY USEFUL items, like a flash drive and StarCraft I (which I hadn't played before buying II)

Worst

Fallout 3 Survival Edition - This Amazon.com exclusive costed $50 more than the collectors edition and basically only added a Pip-Boy clock. What is wrong with it? The clock broke after a few days, essentially meaning I flushed $50 down the toilet.

gurpswoo1
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
This question has been asked in the past:
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2576&highlight=worse

But it's good to do an update.

The current worst Collector's editions are:

Need for speed hot pursit limited edition, The normal case with limited edition written on the front cover, only included DLC codes inside.

Tron special edition - The art work was diffeent on the front cover, but it doesn't have a single thing to indicate it was a special edition. Came with DLC codes on a card.

In fact pretty much all the EA special edition with DLC code only that weren't pre-order versions.

The Best ones would be:

Bayonetta Climax edition Austrailian version - unlike the Euro version came with a Fair Replica Gun in one large Box.

Bioshock 2 collector's edition -one of the most unique edition, came with both a CD and Vinyl soundtrack and detailed touches such as velvet for the case holder was very nice

Gran turismo Signature Edition - Wonderful attention to detail and sheer content. All in a very nice unquie shaped black case.

Assassin Creed Brotherhood Codex edition - Sheer amount of content and nice case design.

God of War 3 ultimate trilogy edition - Not the USA version, this one came with the two remastered prequels. Nice box design again with velvet interior.

Starcraft 2 Collector's edition - Contents and box design. USB sticker was very nice

twistedsymphony
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
I believe the OP is asking best and worst within the context of PC CE... though I could be wrong...

gurpswoo1
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I believe the OP is asking best and worst within the context of PC CE... though I could be wrong...

:sorry:Oops sorry - I didn't pickup on that.

Best PC has to be Starcraft 2, never had a bad PC collector's edition so I guess I can't answer that one.

Lux Æterna
01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Eheh ^^ normal misunderstandings in a Consone-only forum I guess.

scourdx
01-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Best - Neverwinter Night & all the Blizzard CE

Worst - Medal of Honor Limited edition (this is basically same as regular game with exclusive DLC) Booo

lhurgoyf
01-14-2011, 07:00 AM
For PC

Best: Id Anthology Collection

Worst: Crysis Special Edition

Skoolstah
01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Best: A bit torn between Starcraft II and WoW: Cataclysm.

Worst: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Art cards and a bonus DVD. Couldn't get any more basic than this.

yoojii
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Want to talk about this topic since long ago.

The Best: Most of 2K published Collector Editions, eg. Bioshock 2, Oblivion, Mafia II etc.
The reason - just feel the weight...
The worst: All of standard plastic jewel case package plus a slip case, and with some DLC code - become so called CE. eg. Bad Company 1,2, Red Dead Redemption etc.
The reason - I hate virtual digital contents which would entitle a game as CE

Above only for Xb360 CEs.

MrBubbles
01-21-2011, 07:29 PM
The Best one I own:
The World Of Warcraft Collectors Editions. Love the packaging, the big boxes.
(never played Wow though!)

The worst one I own:

Operation Flashpoint which comes with some sort of Helmet in a crappy cardboard box.

Nikoladim
01-21-2011, 08:50 PM
i am somewhere in between the world in conflict cause of the amazing historical item the rock from Berlin wall and the Sc2 ce cause of the goodies. As for the worst i consider the standar dvd ces such as quake 4, dungeon lords,moh etc.

MrBubbles
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
i am somewhere in between the world in conflict cause of the amazing historical item the rock from Berlin wall and the Sc2 ce cause of the goodies. As for the worst i consider the standar dvd ces such as quake 4, dungeon lords,moh etc.

I also have the World in Conflict CE, but are you sure it comes from the Berlin Wall? It has a certificate, but the little piece of stone also could be made somewhere else with some paint on it.
I always doubted it was genuine.

Nikoladim
01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
the certificate proves it but yeah there is always a chance it's fake. hope it's not :P

The Russian Bear
05-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Worst would definitely be The Sims Medieval CE, crappy booklet, music cd, plastic plumbob seal and cut out plumbob??. Best is a bit harder, I love the Age of empires 3 CE as it has a huge artbook and lots of nice DVDs, other book things and a giant poster which looks great but i also love my Starcraft 2 and Warhammer Online CE's. So hard to choose.

thefunk007
05-16-2011, 11:06 PM
hmm I have so many I cant really choose.....

The Lord Of The Rings Online as only 5,000 were ever made, or the Command & Conquer Commemorative Edition as only 1,000 of these were made!

Worst has to be all of the ones I have purchased that come in standard DVD type packaging, I was really disappointed that Dragon Age 2 did not have a ‘proper’ collectors edition!

Vonx
06-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Guys: Dont you realize the starcraft edition sold thousand and thousands of copies and wasnt a limited release? I wouldnt value it at much of anything.

I own the kit myself and i must say its absolutely beautiful and the trinkets that come with it were well selected.

But I must be honest with myelf: I buy CE's and keep them sealed to retain value.

So unfortunately the SC2 CE was a poor investment for me, but once i opened it up i wasnt very dissapointed because it was still worth the money regardless.

twistedsymphony
06-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Guys: Dont you realize the starcraft edition sold thousand and thousands of copies and wasnt a limited release? I wouldnt value it at much of anything.

I own the kit myself and i must say its absolutely beautiful and the trinkets that come with it were well selected.

But I must be honest with myelf: I buy CE's and keep them sealed to retain value.

So unfortunately the SC2 CE was a poor investment for me, but once i opened it up i wasnt very dissapointed because it was still worth the money regardless.
I see this thread as more of a "what's your favorite and least favorite" not a "whats your most valuable / least valuable"

If your favorite CE is your favorite because it's your most valuable, thats your prerogative. Personally my most valuable is Dead Space Ultra Limited, and without question it's one of my favorites, but not because of it's value. I'd rank Bioshock 2 SE right up there with it, and that release isn't worth jack...