PDA

View Full Version : PSP Tactics Ogre Special Edition for Europe (PSP) (PAL)

Mandingo
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
This edition includes:

- Release february 25th
- Special box
- 44 pages hardcover artbook
- Mini soundtrack cd
- 50% discount voucher for some download title (Vagrant Story)
http://i56.tinypic.com/2u79jeg.jpg

OK, I am a huge Tactics Ogre fan, and this special edition is looking GREAT! I am absolutely loving the art book and box cover.

gurpswoo1
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes - Fantastic News, been waiting for pictures and info.

Thanks Mandingo

Mandingo
01-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah, and the art book included is special because of the artwork done by Akihiko Yoshida, who's one of the best and most revered artists out there. So, I think this premium set has definite potential to be valuable in the future. In fact, I know for certain a few gamers who live outside of PAL territories that want this special adition for the artbook alone.

gurpswoo1
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Having looked at the picture, it's the same size as other PSP collector's edition.

Almost all the online shops will ship it in a jiffy bag, this is going to be in store pickup only if we want it mint.

Unless ofcourse we order 5 and they put it in a single box like GAME do.

Mandingo
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah, in-store might be the best way to go.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow, yet another PSP CE for 2011 (After Lord Of Arcana) - They really are making up for lost time, and appealing to the hardcore RPG collector's. Nice find there, Mandingo. Just a pity we haven't got a PSP section up and running here yet...

Gemini-Phoenix
01-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Any news what retailers are stocking this game? Or even which countries it is going to be available? I can't seem to find it listed on the usual UK websites at the moment

Mandingo
01-19-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm seriously considering buying TWO!

They really are making up for lost time,

Yeah, over the years, Europe has gotten screwed out of Square Enix games like Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, etc., so it's good that they're giving you guys some nice premium PSP editions.

Mandingo
01-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Any news what retailers are stocking this game? Or even which countries it is going to be available? I can't seem to find it listed on the usual UK websites at the moment

Um, here? http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/17630208/Tactics-Ogre-Let-Us-Cling-Together/Product.html

It's listed as the "premium" edition and costs £29.99, which is the normal price of premium PSP editions, right? It's odd that PLAY hasn't updated the pics, though, but they're slow like any other e-commerce site, I guess. eh.

gurpswoo1
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I hope to god that other retailers get this other than Play, it 100% guaranteed to arrived crushed and damaged from them.

Thanks for update on the name change Mandingo

Mandingo
01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I hope to god that other retailers get this other than Play,

I don't live in the UK/Europe, so is it common for these PSP CE's to appear in retail stores or are they only offered online? I just posted that link because it was the first one I found.

gurpswoo1
01-19-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't live in the UK/Europe, so is it common for these PSP CE's to appear in retail stores or are they only offered online? I just posted that link because it was the first one I found

Ah, sorry for the confusion,. I though you mean't it was a Play.com exclusive.

Both HMV @ £24.99 (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=234596&WT.mc_id=101689)and Coolshop @ £23.99. (http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/65938-tactics-ogre--let-us-cling-together-premium-edition--for-psp) have listings aswell.

If ordering online and more 1 then copy then coolshop is the best one.

Mandingo
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Cool, those links provide cheaper prices. :D

And it seems no one has updated the description for the premium edition, either.

Gemini-Phoenix
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Hmm, I also found it on the HMV site, although I missed it at first as they only have the one listing for Tactics Ogre, and don't seem to have a standard edition available. I also missed it initially because they didn't show the same picture as above, but i've pre-ordered myself one now from HMV

Likey
05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Did any of you play this? Is it any good?