PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 - Collectors Edition

Anjelaoni
01-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Yesterday I got the CE of the PS3 Version and the PC Version. I play on the PS3, but bought the PC Version because of the cutter model.

This bloody cutter model is a huge disappointment! A small model, completly plastic but with a good painting (industrial painting of course). It doesn't "speak" to me, this thing doesn't say: Hi, I'm a collectors edition, you gonna love me! I expected something like the scarborough fair, but nooooo, just a little plastic thing. You can't even hang your toilet paper on it, its too small!!!

Daaaaaaaaaaamn I'm really angry right now. :asplode:

The PS3 Version is even worse. Collectors edition my ass! Soundtrack CD and an additional game who can be bought through psn! I mean, WTF!?

Damn you EA! *loud swearing and cursing*

Sorry, but I'm really a tiny little pissed off right now.

Mandingo
01-28-2011, 08:55 AM
u mad?

Anjelaoni
01-28-2011, 08:59 AM
mad in the sense of insane: no (at least I don't think so... :) )
mad in the sense of angry: oh boy, you can count on that!
I'm mad at EA for publishing such a stupid collectors edition, no, for publishing two extremly stupid CE.
And I'm probably be mad at myself for throwing out so much money for nothing. I was to naive...

Sorry for the rude language, but it fits best when you mad at something or someone. :)

This was the first disappoinment of CE's this year. If the helghast edition is as crappy as this cutter, I swear to god I will throw it out through my open window and make a movie for youtube about it. ;)

Mandingo
01-28-2011, 09:22 AM
yeah, I feel your pain, Anjie. It seems that EA is currently content with releasing shitty collector editions. :mad:

I'm not worried about other companies per se, but future EA collector edition releases definitely warrant cause for concern.

I just hope EA doesn't fuck up the Mass Effect 3 CE. That would damn-near ruin my 2011.

Anjelaoni
01-28-2011, 09:28 AM
yeah, I feel your pain, Anjie. It seems that EA is currently content with releasing shitty collector editions. :mad:

I'm not worried about other companies per se, but future EA collector edition releases warrant cause for concern.

I hope EA doesn't fuck up the Mass Effect 3 CE. That would damn-near ruin my 2011.

What if we gonna throw some smelly eggs and rotten tomatoes at their HQ, let's just say as a redemption for the shit they throw at the market right now. :twisted: :D

Mandingo
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
What if we gonna throw some smelly eggs and rotten tomatoes at their HQ, let's just say as a redemption for the shit they throw at the market right now. :twisted: :D

I like the way you think! >.<

Ayiu
01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I know how you feel. I was just thinking wtf is that as I saw the small parcel which my mailman gave me. I though this was some kind of joke and maybe he gives me a second parcel with the cutter. But he left. I had nothing else than this stupid small parcel.
This Edition is a sheer fraud! You see pictures with a big cutter and a big box. This is not okay. EA betrayed us and this is not the right way to promote things with a fucking fake pic.
The Box art is very nice but a Box art is not 125$ worth (shipping and taxes included)

Mandingo
01-28-2011, 01:24 PM
You're right; the promo pics of a big box are very deceptive:

http://www.zippycart.com/ecommerce-news/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/dead-space2-collectors-edition.jpg

I enjoyed the pics of your Dead Space 2 CE, Ayiu, but I agree that it maybe isn't worth paying $125. For shame, EA..

:mad:

twistedsymphony
01-28-2011, 04:37 PM
My first reaction when I went to pick it up was "are you SURE this is the CE?"

it doesn't include a "replica" plasma cutter it includes a "scale model" plasma cutter...

anyone have a lawyer friend willing to file a class action suit for us?

Skoolstah
01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
This was the first disappoinment of CE's this year. If the helghast edition is as crappy as this cutter, I swear to god I will throw it out through my open window and make a movie for youtube about it. ;)

Can I buy it from you instead? XD

gurpswoo1
01-28-2011, 07:10 PM
For once I actually glad I missed out on this edition.

Thanks for heads up guys.

I'm getting the limited PS3 version instead with the digi-pak design.

Mandingo
01-29-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm actually emailing/twittering EA to voice my displeasure with this situation. This cannot be tolerated by consumers. Especially when they charge such a premium for this CE.

scourdx
01-29-2011, 03:25 AM
EA is cutting cost at all side. The Mass Effect 2 PS3 had no printed instruction manual. I'm not surprise EA doing the same to Dead Space 2. EA should be sued for advertise false product info.

Mandingo
01-29-2011, 04:01 AM
EA is cutting cost at all side. The Mass Effect 2 PS3 had no printed instruction manual.

hmph, I dreaded the day EA bought BioWare, I really did. :mad:

scourdx
01-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Well their easter egg is funny :lmao:

eBS86rAT4W0

Gemini-Phoenix
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
I am glad that I missed the pre-order. From what I have seen and heard, this is an utter waste of money. Like you say, the cutter model is small, cheap, and tacky, and hardly worth the premium cost. You're not the only person who has cause to complain about this CE!

Anjelaoni
02-09-2011, 07:11 AM
THIS is what I'm talking about! Not that bloody cheap plastic piece of crap.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CEW1048lg.jpg

Mandingo
02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
^ That is awesome.