PDA

View Full Version : Video game novels

flairjen
04-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Anyone else collect video game novels? I have only been collecting a short while.

heres my collection so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61582049@N03/5637600685/in/photostream/lightbox/

gurpswoo1
04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
The only books I collect are Collectors edition strategy guides and Artbooks. I didn't even know some of those Novels existed. I know Mass effect is popular but that's about all I know.

flairjen
04-22-2011, 04:11 AM
There is actually quite a lot. I recently added two assassins creed books to my collection but there are many more such as perfect dark,crimson skies and stae wars republic commando novels etc

tallkid123
04-22-2011, 04:18 AM
I have a copy of the Assassin's Creed 2 novelisation. I actually enjoyed it despite the really simple, pedestrian writing style used.

Got a few CE strategy guides as well but nothing else of that matter.

Gemini-Phoenix
04-22-2011, 02:11 PM
The only novelisations I have read are the Resident Evil series. The ones based on the first few games were excellent, even if they did introduce a new character (Trent), but I wasn't too keen on the inbetween novels which were not canon. They're a damn good read though, and put a new perspective on the original "Raccoon City" story arc

gurpswoo1
04-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Interesting, I never really considered these sort of reading books.

Do they go into much more details on the characters and their respective history.

Does anyone know any Japanese RPG translated novels such as the Tales Series, Final fantasy, Dark cloud, etc.

Is there any you would recommend as a first read, Sci-fi and fantasy is what I read at the moment.