PDA

View Full Version : Your Limited Edition top 3 (in your collection)

MrBubbles
05-11-2011, 11:33 AM
What's your favourite top 3 of Collectors Editions you own? Which ones do you love most?

My top 3 for now:

3. Battlefield Bad Company Gold Edition. It's not rare or special, I just love the steelbook and the colour.
2. Assassins Creed Limited Edition. Still have a sealed version, it's getting more rare and love the big box, the artwork and the content.
1. Tales of Vesperia Special Edition. Never played the game, but love the artwork on the steelbook, and considering how rare it is in sealed condition I think it's a holy grail for most collectors. Got this one as a present from my gf for my birthday.

john385
05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
3. Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition: been waiting for the PAL release for a while and when they announced it, I immediately grabbed it. The strategy guide is amazing, as is the artbook/soundtrack. Amazing release.

2. Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition & Mass Effect 2 Collectors' Edition: what can I say, my favorite VG franchise of all time. Very happy with these editions.

1. Halo Reach: Limited Edition: Absolute king in my collection. Amazing ONI box, package design and overall build quality is amazing and that journal...man... I devoured it. One of the best things I've seen in ANY LE/CE.

gurpswoo1
05-11-2011, 09:26 PM
1) Dead Space Ultra Edition - Simply becuase it's my first and only VGA graded game. It just looks so nice in the case and the giant hand.

2) Metal Gear Solid 4 UK Collector's Edition - Very few editions show the figurine in the front window, the all black case makes it's very special.

3) Zelda Spirit Tracks Collector's Edition - Large tin casing with embosed image of link and his train. The only true zelda collector's edition.

lhurgoyf
05-12-2011, 12:49 AM
3) Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition - Nice packaging, limited release and one of my favorite series.

2) Biohazard 5th Anniversary : Nightmare Returns - Comes in a slick attache case and is a limited release.

1) ID Anthology Collection - From an era when there weren't collector's editions, this one has always stood out. It contained all of ID Software's games up until that point. Considering the sheer number of hours of my life Quake has consumed, this sits on top.

twistedsymphony
05-12-2011, 01:18 AM
1. Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition... I wasn't even sure I would be able to find one but persistence paid off!

2. Fallout 3 Survival Edition... I was an idiot and slept on this when it came out, after playing Fallout 3 it quickly became one of my new favorite franchises and I spent the rest of my time trying to hunt down this rare and illusive edition

3. Steel Battalion ... not really a CE but it's a really rare game since it was only sold with the huge Mech cockpit controller and most people didn't buy it because of the price. I managed to not only find one in great shape but including the original ammo container style box (which is arguably the largest game box of any game ever).

Gemini-Phoenix
05-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Wow! rying to narrow it down from a couple of hundred to just three is hard! There are so many good ones out there which I like for various reasons, although most of my favourites are let down by little details such as including a standard Amaray retail copy of the game inside...

Whilst I do like CE's such as the Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, Crysis 2 Nano Edition, and Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, I find they're just too big. They also look very nice in promotional pictures, but up close they just look and feel very cheap.

I also like a lot of SteelBooks, but they're becoming far too common and once you've seen one you've seen them all! There are very few SteelBooks out there which offer anything unique over another, although I will say that those which come embossed / debossed (Eg, Dead Rising, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold) are always much nicer than those which are just printed. However, I do like a SteelBook as part of a much larger CE (For example, Gears Of War 2)

CE's which come with figures are also a bit 'meh' to me. Again, once you've seen one, you've seen them all, and they offer nothing new or exciting except for a different figure and a change of packaging.

Below are my top three favourite, and also the benchmark on which I grade the quality of other CE's:

3) Grand Theft Auto IV

The sheer amount of cool stuFf this CE comes with is just amazing, and all stuffed into a reasonably sized package! Not only are the bonus items functional, but they are also related to the game. One of the first truly outstanding CE's to be released, and still ranks high up on my list of best CE's ever, mainly because the quality of this CE has very rarely been surpassed!

2) Fallout 3 (Lunchbox)

It was a toss up between this and the Fallout: New Vegas CE, but this one looks a hell of a lot more unique, and also includes some damn cool stuff inside! Again, it's appropriate to the game, and the artwork on the tin is fantastic! WOuld have been nicer if they had been numbered and more limited, but you can't argue that the quality of this CE is a lot higher than that of others. A shame that Bethesda aren't consistent with their CE releases...

1) Bioshock 2

Definitely the nicest CE released to date! It not only looks good, but everything is of the highest quality, and the only let down for this CE is that it comes with the retail copy of the game inside, where they could've included a nice rust-effect SteelBook or worn DigiPak instead. That aside, this CE stands out amongst the crowd, if only for the fact that it comes with a 12" vinyl soundtrack LP! The rest of the items are appropriately related to the game, and the whole set is nicely presented! The benchmark for aspiring CE's!

Also worthy of a mention is the Far Cry 2 CE, but mainly because of the wooden box it comes in. I would also like to give The Godfather (UK PAL PS2) a worthy mention as well as I like the satin-lined 'coffin' case which the SteelBook comes in, although it's not much to look at on a shelf

flairjen
05-18-2011, 03:38 AM
For me

1 - call of duty modern warfare N.V.G

2 - halo reach

3 - killzone 3 helghast edition

tallkid123
05-18-2011, 10:47 AM
1) God of War 3 Press Kit - Rare as hell and consider myself very fortunate to own one.

2) Comic Con 2009 Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Stick - Only 500 (250 Xbox360/PS3) in the world and I'm proud to own one. The box itself could've been done better though

3) Demons' Souls: Black Phantom Edition - I just really treasure this one for some reason. Probably because I loved the game so much.

The Russian Bear
05-18-2011, 12:12 PM
1) TES:Oblivion CE - Its Oblivion.....
2)The Witcher 2 CE - Huge Artbook, Nice sculpture, plenty of other nice bonus items
3)Warhammer Online CE - Not a particularly big fan of the game itself but i love the contents of the CE with its lovely hardback artbook and hardback comic/graphic novel.

Venner
05-18-2011, 11:06 PM
1) Fallout 3 Lunch box - Ive got 3 of these and just love the bobbleheads inside

2) Fallout New Vegas - Got a sealed copy and love the fallout series so much

3) Demons Souls Black Phantom Edition - Only just got this 3days ago a lucky find in HMV just something about it seems great (only played the game for 30mins so far)

Also like my Fable 3 and Zelda Spirit tracks Tin and Starcraft 2 was good aswell

Nikoladim
05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
1.WOW smply loved the game and the package too. I think along with Warcraft 3 Ce started the new era of CE releases, big boxes-goodies-unique items etc.
2.Witcher 2the long awaited RPG came to my hands with maybe the best ce ever released. The game itself is already a masterpiece among Pc-Games and the CE helps the immersion more: Dices, Cards, Coins, Statue, Maps are driving you inside the world of Temeria.
3.Starcraft 2 I am a sucker for Blizzard's CE what to say. USB dogtag with the original game, Comic, Artwork and the best modern RPG what more to say?