PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else...

vhal_x
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM
only buy something if it's complete, eg, comes with all manuals, box, etc?

I recently bought quite a few retro items, and was lucky as I managed to get them relatively cheap considering they are complete and boxed...

Is it, I don't know, snobby, or whatever, to not buy something if it's not complete, or is it completely understandable? xx

The Russian Bear
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
All depends on the price for me, i do perfer to get something complete as it can be a pain to find the missing item and it does tend to give me a mild injection of OCD but if the item is cheap enough then i'll suck it up and buy it.

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 12:23 AM
See, I've been pretty damn lucky as I've managed to acquire quite a lot of my CE's for quite reasonable prices, but I hunt online for ages before I buy to see if I can get something complete rather than not. And also my CE collection isn't only CE games, it's DVDs, Blu Rays, consoles, retro gaming paraphernalia, movie props, etc - so half the time I'm not looking for anything specific, just cheap CE's in general haha xx

The Russian Bear
06-13-2011, 12:39 AM
I only started serious collecting around half a year ago and trying to get my hands on rare CEs from years ago can be very expensive so i often don't mind picking up one with something missing if i think ill be able to find the missing piece seperately, otherwise ill just wait for one to pop up on eBay at a half decent price.

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I only started serious collecting around half a year ago and trying to get my hands on rare CEs from years ago can be very expensive so i often don't mind picking up one with something missing if i think ill be able to find the missing piece seperately, otherwise ill just wait for one to pop up on eBay at a half decent price.

Yeah, me and my boyfriend started collecting about a year ago maybe nearer to a year and a half aswell actually, but I've only really gotten serious about collecting about a month or two ago, I was more into collecting LE teddy bears and stuff LOL, although I must add, they were numbered! But now I've given up with that and moved onto the games dvds etc. Although I don't plan on selling the teddies as they were my 'thing' before the birth of my son, I liked to buy special ones saying Mum, etc, anyway, I'm rambling...

Yeah so, I've gotten quite a few bargains online, and I must say, our house looks more like a stockroom than a house :facepalm: ! xx

The Russian Bear
06-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah, me and my boyfriend started collecting about a year ago maybe nearer to a year and a half aswell actually, but I've only really gotten serious about collecting about a month or two ago, I was more into collecting LE teddy bears and stuff LOL, although I must add, they were numbered! But now I've given up with that and moved onto the games dvds etc. Although I don't plan on selling the teddies as they were my 'thing' before the birth of my son, I liked to buy special ones saying Mum, etc, anyway, I'm rambling...

Yeah so, I've gotten quite a few bargains online, and I must say, our house looks more like a stockroom than a house :facepalm: ! xx

Don't suppose you've got a bear in a trenchcoat and ushanka with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a PPSh-41 in the other? Cause that would be the most godlike, awesome, pro-gaming bear every :P

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Don't suppose you've got a bear in a trenchcoat and ushanka with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a PPSh-41 in the other? Cause that would be the most godlike, awesome, pro-gaming bear every :P

Haha I wish I had gaming bears, but sadly they're all just random haha, although I have one, which is number 0117 of 9000, and is a chef, which I have nicknamed Master Chef, since Master Chief was 117, haha - I'm such a nerd LOL xx

The Russian Bear
06-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Haha I wish I had gaming bears, but sadly they're all just random haha, although I have one, which is number 0117 of 9000, and is a chef, which I have nicknamed Master Chef, since Master Chief was 117, haha - I'm such a nerd LOL xx

Since 2011 is the year of CE bags, i propose 2012 is the year of CE bears. Though thinking about it the Fear 4 CE would be pretty phucked up though. Naked, pregnant, glow in the dark bear?!?!? Might even not get banned this time ^^

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Well I suppose there was the Kinectimals plushes in the CE, so you never know :P although I'm kinda praying not, as can you imagine how many CE's would be bought for small children, only for them to completely destroy :haha: !

I am just really hoping for some pretty awesome numbered CE's in 2012, although I've now started a new methof of game buying, preordering everything as soon as It's announced so that if I want it, it's guaranteed, but if I change my mind I can cancel, but knowing me, I won't cancel, so it's safe to predict that I'm gonna have to declare bankruptcy in early 2012 haha xx

The Russian Bear
06-13-2011, 01:33 AM
Well I suppose there was the Kinectimals plushes in the CE, so you never know :P although I'm kinda praying not, as can you imagine how many CE's would be bought for small children, only for them to completely destroy :haha: !

I am just really hoping for some pretty awesome numbered CE's in 2012, although I've now started a new methof of game buying, preordering everything as soon as It's announced so that if I want it, it's guaranteed, but if I change my mind I can cancel, but knowing me, I won't cancel, so it's safe to predict that I'm gonna have to declare bankruptcy in early 2012 haha xx

ah well, worlds ending next year so you wont be bankrupt for long xD. but yea i would like to see some more numbered CE's as i have very few and its always nice know you hold a very rare and limited copy of a game.

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Yeah most of the numbered things myself and OH have are dvds and blu rays, so would be nice to get more games that are numbered, would also like if they brought out individually numbered consoles, like maybe 1000 individually numbered CE xbox 360s or something, I don't know, well some kind of 'different' approach to CE numbering, but waaay limited instead of bloody ??? out of 999,999 :facepalm: xx

The Russian Bear
06-13-2011, 01:53 AM
It would be nice if the number was incorporated into the design of the box and not just written on in pen or written on a sticker.

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah 'cause ones that are written on can be quite easily tampered with I guess, whereas if it was etched into a part of the CE itself, it's far better looking, and less simple to edit the number xx

gurpswoo1
06-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I actually prefer the numbers to be hand written, it gives a human touch.

You can quite easily print a certificate again, it actually quite a big issue for AFTAL and is something every collector should be aware of.

I do 100% agree that the number of units produced for these so called limited editions are far too high.

vhal_x
06-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I mean, DKBOS was supposed to be "very" limited, yet we got number 38,000 and something, that's not very limited LOL... xx

DaSaru
06-14-2011, 11:26 AM
i'd try getting complete set.
though if i have 2 of the same game with different set, i usually sell or give away the extra game to a friend, so basically i have a complete set and extras..