PDA

View Full Version : Game.co.uk

mosavon
06-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Hey, has anybody bought a pre-owned game with GAME.co.uk? i just got Battlefield 2 today from them with a German disc inside, i know you cant trade foreign games in the UK, so whats up with that?

Pretty lame huh?

evilvort3x
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
ROFL for preowned game can be crap..... i ordered a preowned svr2009 collectors... what do i get ........................ normal one lol

evilvort3x
06-17-2011, 12:18 AM
otherwise they are good for new games etc :O

mosavon
06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
the box sleeve was the UK/Pegi logo
inside the disc was German, so some twat at game has taken a foreign game as a trade from somebody, will be returning as the disc also had light scratches, to be expected i suppose

vhal_x
06-17-2011, 07:52 AM
the box sleeve was the UK/Pegi logo
inside the disc was German, so some twat at game has taken a foreign game as a trade from somebody, will be returning as the disc also had light scratches, to be expected i suppose

Yeah their preowned on the site is pretty, well, shit. I ordered, um, Bionic Commando? Something like that LOL, and it came with a pretty scuffed up case and a lightly scratched disc.

TBH, buying preowned instore ain't too great either, but at least then you can judge the case if you want.

Gamestation are SHITE. Instore, I bought COD4 GOTY (since my ex took my original copy :pooryou:) and they put the normal disc inside (well done gamestation, great knowledge of what you're doing there :clap:!)

I tend now to only buy preowned from ebay or amazon, with the occasional one from Game, but now, barely ever from GS... xx

gurpswoo1
06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Is the text on the Disc in German and the game itself in german also?

Gemini-Phoenix
06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Buying pre-owned games is a lottery in my opinion. I have mates who have bought pre-owned games from CEX or Gamestation and have found Platinum discs inside a black label case. As many stores gut their games and keep discs & manuals behind the counter, they simply reach into a drawer, pull out the game (be it the black label or Platinum disc) and insert into the case. Most people do not realise until after they get home, and some are clueless about it entirely

I have also found that most people who trade in games are the kind who don't generally tend to look after their things anyway. I have also noticed that the kind who tend to buy pre-owned are the same kind who are more likey to trade them back in again as soon as they've played them (or to raise funds for their alcohol / cocaine / heroin addiction). Whereas the ind of consumers who buy a brand new game, either in-store on release day or via eBay sometime afterwards, are generally the kind who want to keep the game in their collection (or rather, library) and look after them for years to come

But I agree that it is pretty sloppy for GAME to have received a German disc, which just goes to show that their staff really don't pay much attention to detail, and don't check these things. There's probably a German case somewhere with a UK disc inside

mosavon
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
The game disc itself has the German Certification, thats as far as ive got, but i know from experience these shops dont accept anything other than UK certified products...its getting returned tomorrow i have a store 5 mins from my house

gurpswoo1
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Don't worry that is normal, it supposed to have the logo.

There are many UK PAL games that have the German USK logo on the internal disc, this is normal.

I know for example, Agarest Generation of war has the logo. Also Final fantasy Xiii also has the German logo on ther internal disc.

Look here (http://video-games.shop.ebay.co.uk/Games-/139973/i.html?rt=nc&Platform=Sony%2520PlayStation%25203%2520&_nkw=Battlefield%202&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282)

vhal_x
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Buying pre-owned games is a lottery in my opinion. I have mates who have bought pre-owned games from CEX or Gamestation and have found Platinum discs inside a black label case. As many stores gut their games and keep discs & manuals behind the counter, they simply reach into a drawer, pull out the game (be it the black label or Platinum disc) and insert into the case. Most people do not realise until after they get home, and some are clueless about it entirely

I have also found that most people who trade in games are the kind who don't generally tend to look after their things anyway. I have also noticed that the kind who tend to buy pre-owned are the same kind who are more likey to trade them back in again as soon as they've played them (or to raise funds for their alcohol / cocaine / heroin addiction). Whereas the ind of consumers who buy a brand new game, either in-store on release day or via eBay sometime afterwards, are generally the kind who want to keep the game in their collection (or rather, library) and look after them for years to come

But I agree that it is pretty sloppy for GAME to have received a German disc, which just goes to show that their staff really don't pay much attention to detail, and don't check these things. There's probably a German case somewhere with a UK disc inside

Completely agree with you on the whole 'type' of people who tend to buy preowned, obviously there are some - like us - who buy preowned, so that we get a cheap game once in a while, but the people who buy preowned, then trade in, to buy more preowned tend to be the junkies, etc of the world.

Especially in Glasgow, where I'm from, I saw a guy trying to trade in a whole bunch of PS2 games (no joke, there must have been about 30) so he could get money for them. He walked in, in an absolute state, staggered to the counter and asked to trade them in. When told that they would only give him £15 of store credit, or say, £12 of cash, he FLIPPED.

Started screaming at the guy who served him, picked up his games and staggered out :facepalm:

I rarely trade in, although I once traded in my old Xbox Core console (as I had just bought the new Slim) and got Fable III collector's edition and the controller, and the guide for like £10.

Don't tend to trade in games though, don't like the idea of shrinking the collection haha! xx

Ayiu
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Don't worry that is normal, it supposed to have the logo.

There are many UK PAL games that have the German USK logo on the internal disc, this is normal.

I know for example, Agarest Generation of war has the logo. Also Final fantasy Xiii also has the German logo on ther internal disc.

Look here (http://video-games.shop.ebay.co.uk/Games-/139973/i.html?rt=nc&Platform=Sony%2520PlayStation%25203%2520&_nkw=Battlefield%202&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282)

yea gurps is right. On many discs you will also find the Australian logo. They do this to save costs so they produce only one disc for the whole pal territory.

The Darth
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
I very rarely buy any second hand games. If I do it's usually DS games that I've missed and are now hard to get for a sensible price. I keep away from discs as most of them tend to look like they have been used as plates. Bits of food and god knows what else stuck to them.

gurpswoo1
06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Before I started collecting games and limited editions, I did buy second hand games because either the edition had soldout and was unavailable or the price was insane for a new one on eBay.

Happily I changed my collecting methods.

flairjen
07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I have bought a few special editions/CE preowned from Gamestation and Game in the past and numerous times they had stuff missing. No usb stick with saints row 2 and no comic or poster with mortal kombat dc etc. I always ask now at the desk if they are complete.

vhal_x
07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah but if you buy preowned online they tend to mkae sure they're complete, if not - you can return instore xx

Matrix6
07-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I've ordered pre-owned games from GAME.UK a couple of times and have had no real issues, though those games weren't for me anyway. BUT...I have experienced a few nightmare instances where they've either sent me the wrong format of a game I pre-ordered or wrong edition or tell me they can't ship a particular order to me due to weight restrictions upon release of the product. So now I try not to order from them and if I do I try to restrict it to normal editions only to minimise stuff ups on their behalf.

It's fine to have stuff ups locally, but when it's from an international source it cause stress on my side as I'm forced to make large efforts on returning the product and waiting for them to receive it back before I either get a replacement or a full refund....currency conversion is yet another factor/issue to think about. It can get pretty messy.