PDA

View Full Version : So confused.

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
I have the Limited Edition Halo Reach console. PAL region. Bought brand new from the store, so no way it could be modded or whatever. Apparently will only play PAL region games.

But it plays both PAL and NTSC.

Does anyone else have this? xx

gurpswoo1
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
There a large number of Xbox 360 games that are either region free.

This is normal.

See here: http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

twistedsymphony
07-19-2011, 04:27 PM
yup there are lots of Xbox 360 games with no region lock on them.

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Even though they say they are NTSC? You'd think they would just leave it blank if they weren't region locked x

gurpswoo1
07-19-2011, 07:59 PM
The NTSC still specifies the video standard used, there are still gamers using TVs that are not able to handle either PAL or NTSC colour systems.

It's also used for serial numbers and codes.

Not sure why Micrsoft chose to give the locking of regions in the hands of publishers, still we can be glad that many games are region free or atleast able to work on PAL consoles.

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Ah, was wondering as both my Splatterhouse and Oblivion 5th ann. work on my console. So here's hoping Catherine Love is Over does too! xx

gurpswoo1
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Ah, was wondering as both my Splatterhouse and Oblivion 5th ann. work on my console. So here's hoping Catherine Love is Over does too! xx

Sorry to tell you but unfortunately it is NTSC restricted as with most of Atlus games. This is the same with the standard copy and the alternative cover edition.

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Damn, looks like I will have to import an NTSC xbox then. Was considering the GoW one anyway, even though you can get it here, I'd prefer an NTSC console so that I have one of each, only downside is f*cking customs charges on it will be sky high xx

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Why aren't the UK getting Catherine? xx

Gemini-Phoenix
07-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Why aren't the UK getting Catherine? xx

We still might, but it all depends on how well the game sells in America.

If we do get it, then it will probably be ported by a third party like 505 Games, although it is doubtful seeing as it wasn't even supposed to have gotten an American release. We got Deathsmiles though (eventually), so there's still a little hope - But being an ATLUS game, I think it would be safer to bet on it not getting released over here

Mike1888
07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Damn, looks like I will have to import an NTSC xbox then. Was considering the GoW one anyway, even though you can get it here, I'd prefer an NTSC console so that I have one of each, only downside is f*cking customs charges on it will be sky high xx

Get it for PS3? :swoon:

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Prefer xbox, but I'm planning on importing an NTSC console anyway, just means I can't play it till September :( xx

Mike1888
07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh, bummer :(

Ah well, your skint anyways! :rotf:

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I know :haha: thanks to you :haha: Ah well, can't wait for my stuff to arrive :D did you get it shipped okay? xx

twistedsymphony
07-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Even though they say they are NTSC? You'd think they would just leave it blank if they weren't region locked x

The region encoding has a lot more to it than just locking it to that region.

even though none of the PS3 games are region locked, they all still have region encoding.

vhal_x
07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Ah, damn, thought I had an awesome region free xbox :haha:

At least that's that cleared up :) looks like I'll have to get an NTSC xbox aswell then :) xx

gurpswoo1
07-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Good news Catherine is now Confirmed For Europe.

See here: http://www.dealspwn.com/catherine-heading-europe-71148

Gemini-Phoenix
07-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Good news, Vhal!

A PAL version of Catherine has just been announced!

http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/22/atlus-hints-at-european-catherine-release/

Unfortunately, no CE (as yet), and it's only going to be available on the X360

I also noticed this:

The game will be formally localised into French, Italian, Spanish and German.

Which indicates the game will be released in France, Italy, Spain, and Germany, yet nothing is said about the UK - Unless it is to be assumed seeing as how the game has already been translated into English for the American market?

EDIT: Seems like Gurps beat me to it earlier!