PDA

View Full Version : Pricing between UK and Canada

jugolicious
07-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I have a question about the pricing between UK and Canada games, especially for Remakes (prices from Zavvi.com).

Zavvi.com
These games haven't even came out yet, and the HD collections are coming out in 2012, but the prices are discounted heavily already!
Silent Hill HD Collection - £17.85
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - £17.85
Child of Eden PS3 - £14.85

Canada usually has these remakes at $39.99 MSRP

Can anyone tell me why is the price difference so huge for a game that hasn't even come out yet? Thanks!

vhal_x
07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Well $40 is about £25, and Zavvi is known for cheap games as they are purely an online shop, so don't have to pay rent (?) for stores, or overheads. And also, as they are remakes, I don't think they tend to go for high prices to begin with :)

Hope that helped, and I didn't just spout a lot of shit :haha: xx

Mike1888
07-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I was surprised at first too, Zavvi is just an awesome website to buy regular edition games, plus they have free delivery anywhere! :beer:

vhal_x
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah, but with that pricing comes a downside, their notorious reputuation for badly damaged items.

However, I for one, haven't yet received a single damaged item from them, knock on wood, but apparently lots of others have xx

Mike1888
07-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but with that pricing comes a downside, their notorious reputuation for badly damaged items.

However, I for one, haven't yet received a single damaged item from them, knock on wood, but apparently lots of others have xx

Me neither, but I have only ordered one big box CE from them so no real chance for damages.

jugolicious
07-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the replies! I ordered the Deus Ex CE PS3 from them as I had a 10% off coupon and it is free shipping to Canada, hopefully nothing bad happens to it.

Matrix6
07-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the replies! I ordered the Deus Ex CE PS3 from them as I had a 10% off coupon and it is free shipping to Canada, hopefully nothing bad happens to it.

Ummmmm....did you see this part on their webpage?;
*Important Note. This product cannot be shipped outside the UK

If you are getting it shipped to Canada, it's most likely that on dispatch day they'll send you an email of disappointment :(

same, haven't received any damaged orders. Although, some takes a millions years to arrive! :s

By the way, I need to re-pre-order those HD Remakes and add the 10% off discount :) ^_^

scourdx
08-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I order Zavvi a lot and they were alright. One time I received Starwars Force Unleashed 2 CE with damage box. Majority of the time my package arrived perfectly. So it is 50/50 chance, but I can't complain about free shipping internationally.