PDA

View Full Version : Where are my PC-Collectors Editions?

L0rdSt3v3
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I recently noticed how some games have console exclusive Collectors Editions ( at least in Europe) ( Saints row the third , Batman Arkham City )

Is there any explaination for this?

thefunk007
08-01-2011, 10:13 PM
It's always been the case mate I'm afraid - there is a much larger market for console gaming and therefore PC gaming gets overlooked. It's very disappointing about Arkham City as the 1st game had a collectors edition :-(

L0rdSt3v3
08-01-2011, 10:19 PM
But what I don't understand is that it would not be that hard to produce them. They just gotta stuff the same stuff in a different box.

scourdx
08-02-2011, 04:41 PM
I hear ya. PC used to get one of the best CE. These day developer feel PC market is shrinking because of low sales. They blame it on piracy as a biggest factor. IMO game developer kill the PC gaming by making majority of their game on console. Even if they make games on PC, they add DRM which deter gamers away from PC.

The Russian Bear
08-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Its because practically all PC sales are via Digital distribution. Paradox recently announced 90% of their sales where via DD and companies such as Tripwire Interactive said they would be dead if it hadn't been for things like Steam. I really wish companies would stop using piracy as a scapegoat for everything. Its such a load of BS.