PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collector's Edition
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-collectors-edition-360-ntsc
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-collectors-edition-360-ntsc)

MortalMonday
08-05-2011, 08:25 PM
http://majornelson.com/2011/08/05/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-collectors-edition/

http://boards.altgn.com/imagedump/3604e3c4361dd80a.jpg

Today Bethesda announced the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition for $149.99. In addition to including the game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:
Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

twistedsymphony
08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
***Added PS3 and PC collector's editions***

Tauran
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM
According to Bethesda all pre orders will also recieve the large cloth map pictured.

procion
09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
:nono: Totally disgusted at Bethesda's lack of stock for us collectors. Only 200 were made available over all three media for the whole of New Zealand. I had been waiting for months for Bethesda to announce the CE to Skyrim, had my email listed for their newsletter informing me of the CE's belated release as well as keeping my eyed peeled online for any news. Alas, no email from Bethesda and by the time I got wind of it's "availability"all 200 copies had basically sold out in one morning. Disgusted with Bethesda. All copies went to insiders, profiteerers and staff. Bethesda censored my complaints off their facebook wall and ignored my emails enquiring what was being done for myself and other fans whom missed out. Luckily I finally got a copy preordered thru Gamestop in US, but had to preorder the EB Games version here in NZ as well so that any dlc that come out from the NZ psn store will work with my BLES copy of the game. NOT a good look Bethesda. This Kotickesque behaviour is beginning to fit you like a custom made glove.

Legendhawk
11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Here is my The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Collectors Edition UNBOXING !
This nice and cool edition and it is a very big Dragon aswell ;) hope you like it .

CtYQZ62YO9M&

Contains :

-Artbook
-Game with special cover
-Dragon with stand

gurpswoo1
11-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the unboxing video

procion
11-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the message and video of the unboxing. It might be a good idea if you put a cooment, if you are able, under your youtube of the unboxing. Commenting is broken for many people therein(they can enter text, but the POST button does not appear for them. It is a KNOWN bug by Youtube staff so hopefully it will be fixed soon) BUT still works for them if they REPLY to a comment that is already there.
Nice edition. Mine has been shipped from Amazon in US, so it will be reghion one(no doubt the most common version of all the versions of this CE). What region is yours? Region 2? I wanted the region 4 for my country New Zealand, but Bethesda only released 200 CEs here and they all went in TWO hours of their being made available, so I had to opt out for the region 1 US more common CE(grrrrr STILL available 2 days ago when I checked). Thanks for the unboxing. I got the NZ Limitedv Edition as well(exclusive to EB in NZ).
I'm just turned up to Whiterun in the gameplay itself. It reminds me very much of Tolkien's description(and indeed Peter Jackson's latter rendering)of Edoras in Rohan in The Two Towers of Lord of the Rings. You have a Scandinavian accent, and I see your flag is Norway, so we both have links to finding this scene amazing and to bringing us visions of how our ancestors lived(albeit without the giant we run down the hill to help dispatch on our way to Whiterun)
Thokk(as they say in old Icelandic(tak)) Legendhawk for the video and the headsup. Hopefully my CE will get here at the same time as my Collector's Edition Game Guide which I can include in my unboxing video as well ))
That figure of Alduin looks awesome!!

twistedsymphony
11-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty pissed that they didn't actually include a cloth map. it's a paper map textured to look like paper :(

the statue LOOKS nice but as soon as you pick it up it feels quite cheap.

the artbook is AMAZING

Solemn_In_Berlin
11-12-2011, 03:57 PM
What I'm lamenting about is the lack of a soundtrack, which is a real shame because soundtrack really makes it feel like Skyrim's a real place. It really defines a tale of adventures and odysseys.

scottcross
11-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Had mine arrive yesterday, gotta say art book is by far one of the best i've seen so far

twistedsymphony
11-12-2011, 11:03 PM
*** Photos Added for 360 NTSC Collector's Edition ***

procion
11-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Ive heard the statue is made of PVC. Now I went up to my local figurine shop(yes we have one here down on the gods' right buttock(the gods all share buttocks but who is to say they only have two))Heroes for Sale. Now the vendor showed me various figurines made of Polystone and of PVC. She said the point was moot on whether the one is better then the other, but I say they look one the other as good as each other. Now my 19" Kratos is polystone so I guess it is heavier thean pvc but so long as it looks good then I will be happy.
I agree, we need the soundtrack. I'm lamenting the lack of ANY codes with the LE nor the CE. Codes should always be included as digital extras for collectors like us in CEs. I'd quess the B.O.(Bande Originale)will be available as a Cd from the Bethesda website, tho I am loath to go there, to the forums at least: The mods there are RUDE. They illegally call you a flamer and a troll without justification, PUBLICALLY, such bevaiour would be illegal here if it was done in public at the workplace for example, and hypocritically rouse the american conditioned to "authority" figured mob against you and by becoming themselves the troll and flamer they are denouncing in the first place. Proper mod behaviour is to censure someone in PRIVATE, by PM, and lock their post or thread, not say COME OVER HERE MINIONS AND PUBLICALLY PUT THIS TROLL AND FLAMER DOWN whose thread I have been reading whilst they wrote it, get all your friends to denounce the supposed troll with their torches and pitchforks, all within mere seconds of publishing the thread, just because it does not wax lyrical at Bethesda nor at America, then LOCK the thread before any defense can be made. GUTLESS. I say this mod has lowered Bethesda's name even farther with his childish behaviour. I now use theskyrimguild.com. the people and mods there are friendly(it's UK based). Bethesda can go and suck eggs.

twistedsymphony
11-13-2011, 02:36 AM
The mods there are RUDE. They illegally call you a flamer and a troll without justification, PUBLICALLY, such bevaiour would be illegal here if it was done in public at the workplace for example, and hypocritically rouse the american conditioned to "authority" ...
I appreciate that you feel this forum is well run; though, I feel I should point out that while we have an international community here, this site is based out of, created, and run by an American :wave:

I've Moderated and Admined many forums, many times larger than this one so I'd like to think I know what good moderation practices look like.

In general, I've found that most corporate forums (meaning "official" forums) have the worst moderators. There are three reasons for this
1. They're only there because they're being paid (so they have little interest in the actual community)
2. They wield a lot of power (since official forums have lots and lots of users)
and 3. They have almost no oversight (since the corporate owners have better things to do than watch over the moderators).

You can see how that can quickly lead to a very unruly moderation staff, regardless of which country it's based out of. A good forum will have an Admin that promotes the moderation staff from within the community, and they will hold that staff to a higher standard than the general members.

themidlandmaster
11-13-2011, 04:17 AM
I appreciate that you feel this forum is well run; though, I feel I should point out that while we have an international community here, this site is based out of, created, and run by an American :wave:

I've Moderated and Admined many forums, many times larger than this one so I'd like to think I know what good moderation practices look like.

In general, I've found that most corporate forums (meaning "official" forums) have the worst moderators. There are three reasons for this
1. They're only there because they're being paid (so they have little interest in the actual community)
2. They wield a lot of power (since official forums have lots and lots of users)
and 3. They have almost no oversight (since the corporate owners have better things to do than watch over the moderators).

You can see how that can quickly lead to a very unruly moderation staff, regardless of which country it's based out of. A good forum will have an Admin that promotes the moderation staff from within the community, and they will hold that staff to a higher standard than the general members.

That and many 'official' forums are unwilling for you to criticise thier work.

procion
11-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Thank you for your replies. I only have good thoughts and nice things to say about this forum too. Tho I might not agree. nor like the American government's policies(as most Kiwis are in agreement with me here), I have nothing against americans, my partner is one, and funnily enough, my sentiments are shared by my partner and many, whom do not trust their government, of the Americans that I have met(or ones whom are independant enough to think for themselves and that counts for alot of gamers whom I find are independant, intelligent and are not loath to go into the deepest darkest cave on their own in search of wisdom, treasure or both).
But change is afoot, I feel it in water, I smell it in the air(to quote Galadriel/Tolkien). Things are starting to come together for the betterment of humankind on this world.
Anyways my parents taught me not to discuss religion nor political matters at the dinner table, and tho we are not at out repast, we are in a social forum. Everyone here, I hope, is my friend, and friends they shall stay, no matter their creed(btw , Assassin's Creed Revelations Animus Edition in 2 days peops), race, nor sexuality. Its the personality inside which counts the most.
As for the behaviour of this mod on the Bethesda forums, I do actually wonder if they even pay their mods, outside of the administrator and senior mods. What gives me cause is his/her overzealousnous in closing down my thread for comment(outside of his friends), and his publically naming me troll/flamer, when all this did was make him into what he was fingering me as, causing me to believe we are dealing with someone on the Skyrim forum at least, whom is very young... too young to have control over the sentiments and feelings of those he is overzealously censuring, tho not so young as to see the effect his flaming caused in the comments HE incited by naming me such things.
I'm not going back to Bethesda's forums, and I lodged a formal complaint with Bethesda, but they hardly gave one monkey for the fact they could not supply enough CEs of Skyrim to my country, so I doubt, as you imply, they will give two in following this up.
All I have seen in this forum is people, Americans and other nationalities, more importantly ALL GAMERS, whom, from when I introduced myself, have made me welcome herein, have only been interested in my views, as I am in theirs. I prefer places like here and theskyrimguild.com whom admin phill has brought us under his own steam, than a corporate shell of a forum such as where this poor person moderates folk, wrongly imao. Thankyou all for having me.

Resseh
11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
<3 this forum too :)

but back on topic - any sign of a price drop? I have close to £100 of credit for Gamestation (well I will when i trade in Assassins Creed Revelations which came free with an empire magazine subscription and MW3!)

gu8
11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
can see this gna drop very soon mate, they have tons of stock online for all 3 platforms, trust me, this will plummet soon, they are as big as a house too so they are taking up lots of space in basingstoke warehouse lol

Resseh
11-21-2011, 09:26 PM
hmmm but when to take the plunge. id imagine first price drop would be to £100. Not sure if i'll be able to hold out much longer.

But i can remember with the GT5 Signature edition that went from £130 - £50 pretty quick

procion
11-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Are you talking aboput the region 2 Skyrim CE. Are there still EU copies unsold? If so then GRRRR. I'm really pissed off at Bethesda for only making 200 copies of the region 4 Skyrim CE which all went in 2 hours in NZ. Aussie's stock which was noty much more went pretty fast too. Beth just didnt give a stuff about helping gamers here by releasing more of a decent amountn of CEs(complain on their forums and you get branded a troll and a flamer publically by their hypocritical mods).
My US CE came the other day. It is worth the $150 I paid for it. It is nice. Some have commented on the fact that it looks cheap, but maybe they mean it feels cheap because it is PVC which renderes stunning detail of the dragon Alduin. The base is pure plastic but is just that, a base, and it holds up very well as a dragon wall. I dont think the statue looks like plastic. It looks like a dragon. What I mean is that it does not look like it is trying to be something that it is not(like the GoW Trilogy collection Pandora's Box which looks like cheaps sprayed plastic trying to be bronze-FAIL), The Alduin statue is a winner in my book. It doesnt look like plastic, nor metal. To me it looks like Alduin. i think its worth paying the 100 quid(and the box is huge). One other + factor in having to get 2 copies of the game so dlc will work with my NZ copy was the fact that the NZ Limited edition is something I have never seen before. A boxing with the NZ rating classification PRINTED on the box instead of stickered over the aussie one. the notebook that came with the Skyrim NA LE goes totally coverwise with the beautiful artbook that comes with the CE. lol I have noin gamer friends whom wish to photograph Alduin.
I saw ACR mentioned above. I must say that the Animus edition is a mess. The boxing is cruddy barely cardboard matierial(DONT READ THE CONCEPT ARTBOOK UNTIL U FINISH THE GAME...MAJOR SPOILERS THEREIN). My gamebox keeps falling into the boxing within. AC CE, AC2 Black Edition and ACB Codex are all WAY nicer than this dross we got this year. I hope AC3's (next year? 1789 Paris PLEASE UBI)CE is better and as good as the editions from the former ACs. Dissappointed

CaptainJackHarknes
12-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Here's the deal I signed up for: I myself got this collectors edition for $60.

Yes that's right $60. I ordered a PC version of Skyrim (boxed) for 59.99...and somehow shipper messed up and gave me 2 PC copies and then on top of this charged my card a 3rd time (59.99 x 3) for 179.97. It has been 2 weeks since I called them and they reversed all the charges, and it has been 2 weeks solid that I received 2 PC copies without sending it back (i told them as well). With this...I sold the PC copies (after I played them) 59.99 each and essentially..realistically paid only the $60 + 5 tax for a collectors edition (even though my receipt says $155.90)

My question is this...I personally never opened the box. It has only been a few days since I picked it up and 1 month from release. Gears 3 only dropped after 3 months to reasonable prices, but now no retailer has them and its skyrocketed in value....

Should I RETURN the $149.99 Collector's Edition unopened and WAIT for a price drop. Even if I wait....will I have high chances of even GETTING the deal? I mean it's crazy how much prices drop (Killzone 3 Helghast, Infamous 2) and how deadly quick the bundles go...

Any expert advice from all Collectors Edition members would be appreciated. Am I overthinking this?

gurpswoo1
12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
When they refunded you, the serial number on the receipt will no longer be valid and they won't refund you. They could technically charge for the copies you have aswell.

The PC version will be the sort after one in the future, well that and and Xbox version. PS3 not so much.

Personally I expect the price to drop but the $60 you got your copy for in the end is already a seriously good price. Wouldn't bother.

Resseh
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
picked up my CE today but im disappointed. the book seems very nice. but the statue seems very cheap and nasty considering the RRP. I probably should have waited for it to be £50 but most stores seem to be running out of stock.

gurpswoo1
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah my local gamestation are all out. maybe it's time to pick it up.

Lemur
12-08-2011, 11:35 AM
FUS-RO-DAH!!!!!! :rotf:

procion
12-08-2011, 12:40 PM
In New Zealand they do shops do not usually accept PC game returns. Consoles yes, but not PC. The only way you might get around it is by refusing the delivery of the pc game. I'd keep them if I were you. The Alduin statues are awesome and will gain value imao. Sure they go down in value relatively soon after a release, but a year or three down the track... I'm still dribbling all over my screen at the dude on you tube whom got the orig Assassin's Creed CE WITH Altair figurine UNOPENED for a fiver. Dunno why it was so cheap, but people are selling those babies for hundreds now. (btw Ubi has an ACR Ezio for sale in the uistore atm that goes nicely with that Altair figurine and the Black/White Edition AC2 Ezio Figurines. It cost me NZ$60 incl ship. They have an AC2 handpainted polystone Ezio as well atm that is costing much much more as well). I do get pissed off seeing say the Deus Ex HR CE that I payed NZ$200 for on sale for half that, but store need to clear stock. Someone will want to pay more down the track. Hold on to them.

kennyrh
12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I was lucky . . .I have a mate in a Gamestation not far from me who texted me and said they had one copy of the CE (PS3 - which I preferred) at an amazing £69.99.

Needless to say, I hotfooted it over there sharpish with me cash.

Lucky thing was, when I got the text i was on my way to transfer some cash into my bank to pay £89.99 from GAME online. Christ, can you imagine the fun the carriers would have had with THAT.

(It was bloody hard to get home on the bus, though :swoon:)

gurpswoo1
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
(It was bloody hard to get home on the bus, though )

LOL bet you got some looks.

procion
12-09-2011, 05:02 AM
//i515.photobucket.com/albums/t353/rprocyon/media1.jpgpicked up my CE today but im disappointed. the book seems very nice. but the statue seems very cheap and nasty considering the RRP. I probably should have waited for it to be £50 but most stores seem to be running out of stock.

That depends on why you think it looks cheap and nasty. Is it because it does not weigh much? Remember that the stand is just that... a stand and personally I think it holds up very well what I like the most about the the whole thing: the statue itself. In my opinion the statue is not trying to be something that it is not. What I mean is that it is not trying to look like something ELSE that it is NOT(this is what failed so miserably the GoW3 Pandora's Box box. It LOOKS like it is cheap plastic spraypainted to look like bronze, or gold or whatever it is supposed to be. In fact it fails so epically that all it looks like is just that: cheap plastic spraypainted with the gods know what so it doesn't looks like gilding nor any type of metal, Just crappy plastic). To me the Alduin statue looks like Alduin, Remarkably. PVC is a somewhat new technology that is becoming more refined as moulders master their processes in getting their works to look amazing.
I had a word with my local Comic/figurine store and asked her, before the Skyrim CE was released what I might expect in this statue as I was very worried that the statue being plastic, as I had heard on the net, might render it as looking and being a piece of crap. She told me that the point was not yet moot on whether polystone nor pvc were better or worse than the other. Each has its good and bad points. But she assured me that I would not be disapointed and not to expect something that looks cheap and nasty. And she was right.
All of my visitors to my home have remarked how amazing the dragon statue looks, yet on picking the thing up some have altered their opinion for the worse because it is so light on the hands and they have relegated it to the "it must be cheap plastic because it is too light" bin. On my explaining about PVC and the fact that I feel it is not trying to BE anything that it is not(apart from a statue of course), they looked and weighed and felt the statue with a different perspective, and I hope a much better opinion of the wyrm. peace....

kennyrh
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure what to think about it, actually. Obviously the fact that i got it for something close to half-price is a big factor in it's favour. I didn't pre-order it simply because I thought it was hideously overpriced for the content.

The artbook is outstanding, i have to say . . .but it's the statue I can't make my mind up about. I was expecting something really solid and heavy but my opinion is much the same as everyone else. The base is cheap and nasty but the dragon somehow looks cool.

If I'd paid the £90 online price at the time then i would maybe have been a bit disappointed, but at £70 - I can't really complain.

Weird thing is, although it's selling well at the new price online, my chat-buddies in the local shops say it's not shifting too well at all. And there seems to be a surplus of 360 copies with hardly any PC or PS3.

Matrix6
12-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Scale...I think that is what is missing in this phenomena. Perhaps even weight has some factor. A little 3" metallic Dragon with high detail and weighs a tonne would seem and feel very convincing no matter what it's priced.

Had this been 4 to 5 times bigger [which would certainly give it more weight], then it would have convinced more people to believe its worth.

Ultimately, I would have wanted a base made of rock solid...rock. And a Dragon sitting on the "rock" dangerously made of rusty looking iron with all it's extremely sharp spikes that you dare not touch [just like a real dragon ;) ] But that's a dreams to be made from lots of $$.

Had I picked up one for half the price, I probably still wouldn't be satisfied with the quality of the statue...but that's just me :)

procion
12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
perhaps if it was as small as you would like but had it's wings outstreated instead of the batwalk-like position it is in the statue. Of course if they kept it to scale with outstretched wings the boxing it comes in would need to be far larger, enough that our friend on the bus may have needed to pay for an extra seat on the bus.
To me the weight is not an issue because the dragon looks exactly like it does in the game.

kennyrh
12-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Yep, now i come to think about it . . .size is the problem. I think the statue would have been better about one third of the size but heavier and, perhaps, more detailed.

It would have solved the problem of that stupidly large packaging as well, which is a nightmare to both collectors and retailers alike.

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Yep, now i come to think about it . . .size is the problem. I think the statue would have been better about one third of the size but heavier and, perhaps, more detailed.

It would have solved the problem of that stupidly large packaging as well, which is a nightmare to both collectors and retailers alike.

Yes it was fun trying to get that home on the bus!

Also it may have been a good idea to have 3 different figures for the different Versions there is plenty to pick from on the loading screens?

Hans v Hube
12-15-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure what to think about it, actually. Obviously the fact that i got it for something close to half-price is a big factor in it's favour. I didn't pre-order it simply because I thought it was hideously overpriced for the content.

The artbook is outstanding, i have to say . . .but it's the statue I can't make my mind up about. I was expecting something really solid and heavy but my opinion is much the same as everyone else. The base is cheap and nasty but the dragon somehow looks cool.

If I'd paid the £90 online price at the time then i would maybe have been a bit disappointed, but at £70 - I can't really complain.

Weird thing is, although it's selling well at the new price online, my chat-buddies in the local shops say it's not shifting too well at all. And there seems to be a surplus of 360 copies with hardly any PC or PS3.

I own both the PS3 & 360 Ce Also had the std 360 which i played, found it rough around the edges & no way as good as the Pc copy i have.

With the PS3 i have opened it (but not played) but been told that as you play it gets slower & slower so will wait to they patch it up (the patches released have caused nothing but trouble) Google pages full of it (even made the BBC).

kennyrh
12-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah, i saw something online about the PS3 version grinding to a halt the more you play it . . .unbelievable, really.

The PS3 has always been my choice for Collectors Editions but the way things are going it's rapidly becoming a PC instead of a console. Large mandatory installs and many patches before you can get the bloody games to work properly.

I certainly didn't sign on for THAT :banghead:

scourdx
12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
I still think Bethesda should've added soundtrack and game from previous Elderscroll to sweeten the deal. Perhaps they should think about beefing up their display box. The game box certainly doesn't hold out on it's own. When my package arrives, it is already dented at the side. When I check out the store, majority of the CE have either ripped or dented.

Hans v Hube
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I still think Bethesda should've added soundtrack and game from previous Elderscroll to sweeten the deal. Perhaps they should think about beefing up their display box. The game box certainly doesn't hold out on it's own. When my package arrives, it is already dented at the side. When I check out the store, majority of the CE have either ripped or dented.

No doubt after the 5th Anniversary Ed of Oblivion & if it sold well next year for Xmas we could have all of them together in one massive GOTY/s ed?
But depends on how the world is going (it takes them 2-3 years to make next one)?

Yes looking at the Star wars Collectors Ed i received today far more compact & strong would have preferred Skyrim to have been of that size

The same should go to Fallout, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Killzone, Uncharted & No doubt COD just to make some more £££ out of you (COD that is the rest i would buy).

Hans v Hube
12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah, i saw something online about the PS3 version grinding to a halt the more you play it . . .unbelievable, really.

The PS3 has always been my choice for Collectors Editions but the way things are going it's rapidly becoming a PC instead of a console. Large mandatory installs and many patches before you can get the bloody games to work properly.

I certainly didn't sign on for THAT :banghead:

& that saying my computer is near 7 years old & only has had one upgrade to a HD 5700 card

Resseh
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I suppose i thought it looked cheap and nasty as i was comparing to some lord of the rings Weta statues that i bought years ago for £100+.

Hans v Hube
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I do remember reading somewhere that like Morrowind if you left doors open in the game world the program has to continually remember this & as the game progressed the loading became longer & longer to the point of the fake error message to say the disk is dirty take it out & clean it.

With Skyrim i think there is no re-spawning of enemies so once you kill say a bear it stays there (do correct me if i am wrong) so would this also have to be remembered by the game (or if it disappears the same if that's it) ?

I would think re-spawning is a quick way of clearing necessarily data backing up/needing to be stored by the game?
Also the shops do not for long keep the stock you sold but have a bit better stock as you level up.

Would anyone agree?

Matrix6
12-20-2011, 04:49 AM
http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/skyrim-collector-s-edition-for-less-than-100-at-newegg

Less than US$100 for the CE! O_O wowouch!! :S

CaptainJackHarknes
12-21-2011, 01:01 AM
1 month 8 days later. Unfortunately, 1 week too late as I got mine for $161...but then again I also got 2 steam copies for free ($59.99). All of this for $100 is a grand-slam deal saving $60 (with tax) (49 + $12 tax).

Also @Matrix, don't be too quick to say "Ouch" it's not a big dent from $149 to $100. Maybe if it was 49.99 that's definitely painful. As I saw, you bought Old Republic CE, but this will just drop in price even more (since you imported yours). Newegg, Best Buy (in stores), Walmart (in stores), Kmart, QVC ($10 more expensive) stocked 20+ of these... Of course the price people have to wait for paying a few dollars less (say $50 at best case scenario ever) is waiting until next year...If history shows us one thing, this will drop in price as well.

In my opinion, as a collector, if you want something (especially a MMO that is so time dependent unlike Skyrim or singleplayer games), it's best to just get it now. In the end you save $50, but it's as if you just pay $1 a day to get it earlier. Besides, it's not like you aren't already paying $14.99 a month anyways for the game for however long you play it...

Titles like this I severely doubt will drop to $79.99 like Killzone 3 from 129.99 (which was also $50 at most and $60 drop at other retailers without tax). I can see Old Republic at $95-$99 at most price-drop wise unless it really remains on shelves THAT long.

Lemur
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I do remember reading somewhere that like Morrowind if you left doors open in the game world the program has to continually remember this & as the game progressed the loading became longer & longer to the point of the fake error message to say the disk is dirty take it out & clean it.

With Skyrim i think there is no re-spawning of enemies so once you kill say a bear it stays there (do correct me if i am wrong) so would this also have to be remembered by the game (or if it disappears the same if that's it) ?

I would think re-spawning is a quick way of clearing necessarily data backing up/needing to be stored by the game?
Also the shops do not for long keep the stock you sold but have a bit better stock as you level up.

Would anyone agree?

From what I've seen, enemies do respawn. I have some areas that I cleared but when I visit them again after some time the enemies respawned.

saidean
12-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm based in Singapore and am keen to obtain a Skyrim CE for the PC. I've finally found one shop here that sells the PC version (most others have the PS3 boxes). The really odd thing about it is that the shop staff said that the CE box does not contain the Skyrim game but instead it is provided to the shop separately. That is, the huge box has 'stuck' to it on the exterior the normal DVD gamebox (presumably containing the game disc and manual).

This got me a tad suspicious. I'd have expected that the game would be enclosed in the box somewhere, much like the various unboxing videos I've seen on youtube (but these were for xbox/ps3 boxes).

Can I check with those of you who have the PC Skyrim CE box:

1. Does your game disc come within the box?
2. Is this disc within the hard cardboard enclosure with the skyrim logo and contains the documentary DVD as well?

It may well be that the CE box, because it comes from the USA, may contain a game disc that isn't playable in Asia/Singapore, and hence a separate game is required and attached to the box. I'm not sure about this though.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated...! Many thanks!

Matrix6
12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
1 month 8 days later. Unfortunately, 1 week too late as I got mine for $161...but then again I also got 2 steam copies for free ($59.99). All of this for $100 is a grand-slam deal saving $60 (with tax) (49 + $12 tax).

Also @Matrix, don't be too quick to say "Ouch" it's not a big dent from $149 to $100. Maybe if it was 49.99 that's definitely painful. As I saw, you bought Old Republic CE, but this will just drop in price even more (since you imported yours). Newegg, Best Buy (in stores), Walmart (in stores), Kmart, QVC ($10 more expensive) stocked 20+ of these... Of course the price people have to wait for paying a few dollars less (say $50 at best case scenario ever) is waiting until next year...If history shows us one thing, this will drop in price as well.

In my opinion, as a collector, if you want something (especially a MMO that is so time dependent unlike Skyrim or singleplayer games), it's best to just get it now. In the end you save $50, but it's as if you just pay $1 a day to get it earlier. Besides, it's not like you aren't already paying $14.99 a month anyways for the game for however long you play it...

Titles like this I severely doubt will drop to $79.99 like Killzone 3 from 129.99 (which was also $50 at most and $60 drop at other retailers without tax). I can see Old Republic at $95-$99 at most price-drop wise unless it really remains on shelves THAT long.
I've found that the CE for Skyrim has also dropped in price by $50 here, but that's if you can find it in-stores locally with very little quantity. As it was only about 4-5 different types of stores stocked it, I doubt even EBGames have any in-store unless it was returned by a customer who bought it?!

If more does turn up somehow in the near future, it would most likely be on a sale price as well. As for Old Republic CE, being from down under, the game doesn't even have a release date as of yet and the likelihood of the same CE being released would be most unlikely :S I also don't have many options but to get one from amazon.com and can't really take the risk of waiting for it to come on sale [if/when they do] as they also offer the best shipping cost. So at times I will have to bite the bullet of paying full price but at least it's a relief knowing I won't miss out either :) Take the Reckoning CE/LE for instance, they're very limited in numbers and are only available for purchase for the residents of the US/Canada. That gives little chances for outsiders of obtaining such a CE ;)

We win some, we lose some unfortunately.:poke:

@saidean That sounds pretty dodgy to me. The game should be included inside the package especially if it came from the US. I also assumed that PC discs were region free?? Not sure if this will help, but this is what I'd expect from the PC CE...which should be exactly the same as the console versions.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91YLE5J1aZL._AA1500_.jpg

The layout inside the package would and should be all the same whether you get a PC or console version. The game comes in a digi-pack and is also the same size for all format. My PS3 came in a G1 [DVD] size digi-pack and I'd expect the Xbox360 and PC to come in that size as well. The Digi-pak is not labelled either, you should find that it doesn't signify which console/PC it's coming from until you see the discs or the manual inside the package. So if anyone claims that the CE doesn't come with the game inside, then I would only suspect that it's been opened and taken out?! :S I'm not 100% but I'd definitely be not 100% on those seller either ;) [hope that helps in anyway]

CaptainJackHarknes
12-27-2011, 10:47 PM
At the person from Singapore....if it came from the US then it is NTSC standard if its 360 OR PS3.

If its PC - it is not region locked, so the person either took out the discs and is selling it separately for extra money. :banana:

saidean
12-28-2011, 03:24 PM
At the person from Singapore....if it came from the US then it is NTSC standard if its 360 OR PS3.

If its PC - it is not region locked, so the person either took out the discs and is selling it separately for extra money. :banana:

Thanks guys for the quick response, and yes, I suspect that dodgy fella to be dodgily selling separate bits on the sly. :)

Xmo
01-27-2013, 11:18 PM
*** Added Premium Edition and Pictures to other edition to database ***

procion
01-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Wow that is quite a nice edition. Thanks for sharing m8 :) . It's not too unsimilar from the New Zealand Limited Edition from EB games. Let's hope Beth has some nice CEs out for Scrolls Online and that they are available pre game release in enough quantities for those whom preorder them in time before release (ie not sold out in TWO hours).
On a different note I signed up for Scrolls Online Beta the other day. I hope they accept me and anyone else from this site whom loves the franchise and canon. :) Hope to see you all in-game :D

ison
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Any idea if the version from amazon.fr is in french (outer box and inside?)

I want to grab it but prefer to be in english.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B005GYJR6S/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

If you know a cheaper place feel free to add it :)

SwiftDeath
04-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Looks like there might be another CE for Skyrim with all the DLC released

Kind of like the 5th anniversary edition for oblivion

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-skyrim-legendary-edition-to-contain-all-dlc-report

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/7/3/3/5/2/136630641774.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1/quality/91

Not sure if it will be a true CE or just a bunch of DLC

comaamen86
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Looks like there might be another CE for Skyrim with all the DLC released

Kind of like the 5th anniversary edition for oblivion

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-skyrim-legendary-edition-to-contain-all-dlc-report

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/7/3/3/5/2/136630641774.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1/quality/91

Not sure if it will be a true CE or just a bunch of DLC

there was talk of a goty edition come june with all dclc, dont think it will be collectors just goty with fancy name

SwiftDeath
04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
there was talk of a goty edition come june with all dclc, dont think it will be collectors just goty with fancy name

Yeah that's what I think it will be as well but eurogamer called it a collectors edition but I think they misspoke or have a very loose definition for collectors edition

Cosmic_Link
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Been waiting for a GOTY Ed. Bring it on! :D

Lemur
04-19-2013, 03:45 AM
YAY!!!! :banana:

Matrix6
04-19-2013, 05:33 AM
If only this "goty" edition would come in steelbook and also when you buy the statue...should come free with it! :D :lol:

Lemur
04-19-2013, 03:00 PM
If only this "goty" edition would come in steelbook and also when you buy the statue...should come free with it! :D :lol:

LOL that would be the best option but impossible.

SwiftDeath
04-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Not a CE but a new edition at the very least

Skyrim: Legendary Edition Confirmed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/skyrim-legendary-edition-outed-by-retailer?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

From IGN:

The bundle will include the original game plus the three official expansions, Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn, along with other patched improvements such as combat cameras, mounted combat, the Legendary difficulty mode and Legendary skills that allow you to master all perks and level up skills indefinitely.

So if there are now infinite levels at what point does a dragonborn just straight up turn into a dragon? :P

Lemur
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Not a CE but a new edition at the very least

Skyrim: Legendary Edition Confirmed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/skyrim-legendary-edition-outed-by-retailer?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

From IGN:

So if there are now infinite levels at what point does a dragonborn just straight up turn into a dragon? :P

I would guess at level 999.

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I would guess at level 999.

Challenge accepted :)

Lemur
04-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Challenge accepted :)

I'm at level 104 already. I like how the legendary skills work. No need to grind stupid skills :bananayes:

SwiftDeath
05-14-2013, 04:47 AM
So while the legendary edition of skyrim appears to be just dlc as expected there is something mildly interesting to be had on its release

Skyrim Legendary Edition Collector's Edition Official Strategy Guide (http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition-collectors-edition-official-strategy-guide/109391)

Got to love that there are in fact 2 CE guides for skyrim lol

TMM
05-15-2013, 12:54 PM
So while the legendary edition of skyrim appears to be just dlc as expected there is something mildly interesting to be had on its release

Skyrim Legendary Edition Collector's Edition Official Strategy Guide (http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition-collectors-edition-official-strategy-guide/109391)

Got to love that there are in fact 2 CE guides for skyrim lol

Hi,

To be fair, when I worked at Game in the UK in my 2 year stint there we have about 8 different versions of the Oblivion strategy guide:

Normal Version
Hardback Version
GOTY version
PS3 Release version
Anniversary edition
A second variant of the anniversary edition

Those are just the 6 I remember, but I think we got upto 8 in the end.

TMM

comaamen86
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/030789701X/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91WTuq%2BvEwL._SL1500_.jpg

COLLECTOR'S EDITION BONUSES INCLUDE-
EXCLUSIVE POSTER - 24" accordion style poster displaying Alduin’s Wall and signatures from Bethesda Game Studios!
RIBBON BOOKMARKS - Use premium ribbon bookmarks to keep your place in this massive guide!
HARDCOVER BOUND - This keepsake is protected by a stylized protective hardcover for collectors and fans.

Redmagster
05-17-2013, 10:06 PM
That looks really really nice.... And a massive number of pages!

Sounds like they are seriously considering collectors with the bonuses, quality, casing etc.. ;)

comaamen86
05-17-2013, 10:23 PM
That looks really really nice.... And a massive number of pages!

Sounds like they are seriously considering collectors with the bonuses, quality, casing etc.. ;)

they dont over produce either the guides for the goty and collectors guides for their games are hard to get after time

Matt16
05-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Agreed it looks really nice, gonna have to get me one of these

SwiftDeath
05-17-2013, 10:27 PM
they dont over produce either the guides for the goty and collectors guides for their games are hard to get after time

Yes and no

People perceive rarity so demand spikes, first run sells out

Maybe they make a second run maybe not

But 6 months, a year down the road and the guides are a lot easier to get

The Fallout 3 GOTY guide used to sell for 60 - 70 USD in mint condition but so many have hit ebay that price is closer to 30 USD or so I would say

Still I think I'll get this as it looks quite nice :)

comaamen86
05-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes and no

People perceive rarity so demand spikes, first run sells out

Maybe they make a second run maybe not

But 6 months, a year down the road and the guides are a lot easier to get

The Fallout 3 GOTY guide used to sell for 60 - 70 USD in mint condition but so many have hit ebay that price is closer to 30 USD or so I would say

Still I think I'll get this as it looks quite nice :)

i will get it for home defense and it will look good next me fable soulcalibur alan wake se

SwiftDeath
05-17-2013, 10:31 PM
i will get it for home defense and it will look good next me fable soulcalibur alan wake se

Yeah i just like the guides for how the look on the shelf and how nice the pages and art is

Really have been neglecting my CE guide collection as my overall collecting has expanded so much

Will have to go back to my roots at some point :)

comaamen86
05-17-2013, 10:34 PM
hmmm i try not to open mine but with the bio and tomb raider ones they got opened as i waanted the toy this will stay sealed

SwiftDeath
05-17-2013, 10:38 PM
hmmm i try not to open mine but with the bio and tomb raider ones they got opened as i waanted the toy this will stay sealed

I like the pretty pictures too much albeit they kind of stopped doing that as much with new CE guides as there's specific art books for the games :(

Rarely if ever use the guides themselves, games are fairly straightforward nowadays

Lemur
05-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Will have to go back to my roots at some point :)

Quest started: Back to your roots

:banana::banana::banana:

SwiftDeath
05-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Quest started: Back to your roots

:banana::banana::banana:

Only about a 100 items to get to complete that quest :suicide:

THEREALDEALDUDE
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Guys why hasn't this been added?

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Legendary-Xbox-360/dp/B00CJ7IUGS/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372796994&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Elder+Scrolls+V+Skyrim%3A+Legendary+E dition

Matt16
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Legendary-Xbox-360/dp/B00CJ7IUGS/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372796994&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Elder+Scrolls+V+Skyrim%3A+Legendary+E dition

It's not a CE, just the game and DLC with a fancy name :shrug:

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 10:41 PM
It's not a CE, just the game and DLC with a fancy name :shrug:

Technically that still counts for addition to the DB

For example
http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition-ps3-1-3

Make a new thread for the legendary edition here

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Matt16
07-02-2013, 10:45 PM

For example

2 minutes detective, not bad :beee:

THEREALDEALDUDE
07-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Well here's the thing I think it counts because earlier this year every time I looked at upcoming editions to be released batman was listed and it was the game of the year edition

2 days I go I went to Wikipedia to see upcoming games and I see elder scrolls legendary edition. i come here and noticed it wasn't here.

The only reason this bugs me is this is my go to site to see if anything sort of special edition is coming out or as come out so I was surprised it wasn't listed and I think it should be.

heres the link to batman
http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/batman-arkham-city-game-of-the-year-edition-ps3-1

THEREALDEALDUDE
07-04-2013, 06:37 AM

For example

Make a new thread for the legendary edition here

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4
I Would if I knew how to. any tutorial links?

SwiftDeath
07-04-2013, 06:41 AM
I Would if I knew how to. any tutorial links?

I don't think there's a set tutorial for it but you can follow what other members have done to post additions/corrections

For example
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11964

Template

Full Game Name:
Edition Name:
Platform(s):
Region(s):
Publisher:
Release Date:
Price (RRP):
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s):
Other Info/Pics:

If you want I can post the addiition but didn't want to step on your toes :)

THEREALDEALDUDE
07-04-2013, 07:28 AM
I don't think there's a set tutorial for it but you can follow what other members have done to post additions/corrections

For example
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11964

Template

Full Game Name:
Edition Name:
Platform(s):
Region(s):
Publisher:
Release Date:
Price (RRP):
Package Description:
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s):
Other Info/Pics:

If you want I can post the addiition but didn't want to step on your toes :)
Lol well I didn’t want to step on your toes am new (Been using it for months but only signed up a couple of days ago) I was just scared to comment and yes I think you should do it.

Here’s my best shot at this I don’t want to post it on forums without you telling me if I made any mistakes.
I don’t know if I should call it legendary edition or GOTY.
finding the dates was hard because gamespot or wiki has the dates wrong. While amazon lists it like wiki. And am not 100% sure on the price for the EU since gamepost lists it as 39.99 and on amazon uk its 29.99 (which I think is a bit too cheap)

Full Game Name: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
Edition Name: Legendary Edition
Platform(s): PS3, Xbox 360, PC
Region(s): PAL & NTSC
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Release Date: NA- June 4th EU – June 7Th 9th
Price (RRP): NA - $59.99 EU - 39.99 GBP
Package Description:
Content Description: Game & DLC
Link(s) to source(s): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CJ7IUGS/ref=nosim/aurobius-20
Other Info/Pics:
http://images10.newegg.com/ProductImageCompressAll300/79-228-030-06.jpg

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition is the game of the year edition version which includes all released DLC for the game Hearthfire, Dragonborn & Dawnguard.

SwiftDeath
07-04-2013, 07:31 AM
K I'll post it then

SwiftDeath
07-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Full Game Name: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Edition Name: Legendary Edition
Platform(s): PS3, Xbox 360, PC
Region(s): PAL & NTSC
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Release Date: NA- June 4th 2013 EU - June 7th 2013
Price (RRP): NA - $59.99 EU - 29.99 GBP
Package Description:
Content Description: The Legendary Edition of Skyrim includes the following DLC:

Hearthfire
Dragonborn
Dawnguard

Link(s) to source(s): VG24/7 (http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/04/skyrim-legendary-edition-is-now-available-in-north-america/)
Other Info/Pics:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/erikkain/files/2013/04/skyrim_LE_boxshots.jpg

Credit to TRDD for reminding me this came out

comaamen86
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM

as and when as and when, i cant speak for the other db people only myself but i only get maybe a few hours a couple nights every fortnight

as a personal rule i focus on upcoming releases as it is what your average non hardcore collector will be looking for then rarities as that is what your hardcore collector will be looking for

finally dlc game of the year editions if and when i get the chance

i believe every edition is as important as one another but with time limitations i have to be biased and focus on what people will be looking for

this site still and i feel for a very long time has had the most comprehensive and detailed database and i am not blowing my own trumpet there as a lot of different people have put a lot of time and effort into making it so

mosavon
08-03-2013, 11:53 PM
** The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition for PS3, Xbox 360 & PC Added To Database**

THEREALDEALDUDE
08-04-2013, 01:57 AM
oh okay i apologize if i caused any problems, i am just trying to help :)

and hopefully i saved you some time without you having to look for the legendary edition.