Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

...view this game on the homepage
Old 08-05-2011, 08:25 PM

MortalMonday's Flag is: United States South Side of Chicago!
Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/05/th...ctors-edition/

Today Bethesda announced the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition for $149.99. In addition to including the game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:
Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

***Added PS3 and PC collector's editions***

Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Tauran's Flag is: Australia Sydney

According to Bethesda all pre orders will also recieve the large cloth map pictured.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:32 PM

procion's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland, New Zealand
Angry Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's non-availability edition

Totally disgusted at Bethesda's lack of stock for us collectors. Only 200 were made available over all three media for the whole of New Zealand. I had been waiting for months for Bethesda to announce the CE to Skyrim, had my email listed for their newsletter informing me of the CE's belated release as well as keeping my eyed peeled online for any news. Alas, no email from Bethesda and by the time I got wind of it's "availability"all 200 copies had basically sold out in one morning. Disgusted with Bethesda. All copies went to insiders, profiteerers and staff. Bethesda censored my complaints off their facebook wall and ignored my emails enquiring what was being done for myself and other fans whom missed out. Luckily I finally got a copy preordered thru Gamestop in US, but had to preorder the EB Games version here in NZ as well so that any dlc that come out from the NZ psn store will work with my BLES copy of the game. NOT a good look Bethesda. This Kotickesque behaviour is beginning to fit you like a custom made glove.

Pls feel free to join and like my Facebook page CollectorEditions: https://www.facebook.com/collectoreditions
Old 11-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Legendhawk's Flag is: Norway Oslo, Norway

Here is my The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Collectors Edition UNBOXING !
This nice and cool edition and it is a very big Dragon aswell hope you like it .

Contains :

-Artbook
-Game with special cover
-Dragon with stand

Check Out My Youtube Channel ,
To Find Old And New UNBOXINGS
: http://www.youtube.com/user/Legendhawkv2?feature=mhee

Last edited by Legendhawk; 11-12-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:47 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Thanks for the unboxing video
Old 11-12-2011, 12:24 AM

procion's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks for the message and video of the unboxing. It might be a good idea if you put a cooment, if you are able, under your youtube of the unboxing. Commenting is broken for many people therein(they can enter text, but the POST button does not appear for them. It is a KNOWN bug by Youtube staff so hopefully it will be fixed soon) BUT still works for them if they REPLY to a comment that is already there.
Nice edition. Mine has been shipped from Amazon in US, so it will be reghion one(no doubt the most common version of all the versions of this CE). What region is yours? Region 2? I wanted the region 4 for my country New Zealand, but Bethesda only released 200 CEs here and they all went in TWO hours of their being made available, so I had to opt out for the region 1 US more common CE(grrrrr STILL available 2 days ago when I checked). Thanks for the unboxing. I got the NZ Limitedv Edition as well(exclusive to EB in NZ).
I'm just turned up to Whiterun in the gameplay itself. It reminds me very much of Tolkien's description(and indeed Peter Jackson's latter rendering)of Edoras in Rohan in The Two Towers of Lord of the Rings. You have a Scandinavian accent, and I see your flag is Norway, so we both have links to finding this scene amazing and to bringing us visions of how our ancestors lived(albeit without the giant we run down the hill to help dispatch on our way to Whiterun)
Thokk(as they say in old Icelandic(tak)) Legendhawk for the video and the headsup. Hopefully my CE will get here at the same time as my Collector's Edition Game Guide which I can include in my unboxing video as well ))
That figure of Alduin looks awesome!!

Pls feel free to join and like my Facebook page CollectorEditions: https://www.facebook.com/collectoreditions
Old 11-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

I'm pretty pissed that they didn't actually include a cloth map. it's a paper map textured to look like paper

the statue LOOKS nice but as soon as you pick it up it feels quite cheap.

the artbook is AMAZING

Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Solemn_In_Berlin's Flag is: Philippines Fort Frolic, Rapture
Send a message via Yahoo to Solemn_In_Berlin

What I'm lamenting about is the lack of a soundtrack, which is a real shame because soundtrack really makes it feel like Skyrim's a real place. It really defines a tale of adventures and odysseys.

What can I say?