PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with auctions ending at a bad time?

AJLareneg
08-07-2011, 08:44 PM
What methods do you guys use to deal with auctions that end when you literally won't have access to the internet?

Like an auction that ends when one is going to be at work, for example?

I tried one of those auction sniping things but it did not work, did not notify me it did not work, and only after the auction was over (I would have won, btw) did it tell me that the auction sniping website had been blocked by the seller (!?!)

What things would you recommend? Or is there a way to check if the auction sniper is banned before you rely on it to make a bid? :\

Mike1888
08-07-2011, 09:26 PM
What about bidding with your phone?

I have a crappy phone with this little crappy internet browser and can bid on ebay with it. Its what I use when I don't have access to internet.

AJLareneg
08-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I've thought about it, but my phone gets /really shoddy/ service at work. :(

Plus I work retail, so it'd be kind of difficult to get away.

bbki
08-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Bid in the amount you willing to pay that is the best way of this circumstance IMO.
You still paid a little more over the second bid offer willing to give.
Unless that dude willing to fight until he outbid you, then that's suck....

AJLareneg
08-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Yea that's one thing I don't like about leaving a bid in early. It gives someone else time to chip away at your max versus sniping when they don't have that luxury. I guess there's not much else to do though. :(

Has anyone else had luck with those sniping websites or anything?

twistedsymphony
08-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I use Auctionsniper.com I've never had a bid blocked through that...

It actually logs in and bids as me so I don't even know how they'd block it.

Is it possible you were blocked due to your region, feedback, or lack of paypal account? those are all ways in which an ebay seller can block bidders. http://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/985608021/m/7731090862

to give you an idea of how often I use auctionsniper... unless it's a buy it now/best offer auction I will place a snipe through the site and I probably buy 5-10 items a month through ebay.

AJLareneg
08-13-2011, 05:27 AM
I use Auctionsniper.com I've never had a bid blocked through that...

It actually logs in and bids as me so I don't even know how they'd block it.

Is it possible you were blocked due to your region, feedback, or lack of paypal account? those are all ways in which an ebay seller can block bidders. http://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/985608021/m/7731090862

to give you an idea of how often I use auctionsniper... unless it's a buy it now/best offer auction I will place a snipe through the site and I probably buy 5-10 items a month through ebay.
Hm, yea I tried using eSnipe, which as I can tell uses the same "log you in" system. :( I have all of those things...except the region, I guess? But I had emailed the seller and they said I could bid on their auction. Maybe they blocked me instead?

maybe I will try auctionsniper instead. I so prefer to be there in person but i guess sometimes it can't be helped.

twistedsymphony
08-15-2011, 09:59 PM
IIRC they specify who they lock out when they create the auction.

If he setup the auction for "my region only", even though he gave you permission to bid, the block would have still been in place.