PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question

jugolicious
08-08-2011, 05:17 AM
*Oops, I meant for this to go in Off-Topics, sorry*

I am quite new to ebay...

My first auction has just ended for an online code. i accidently sent the code to the last bidder before he completed checkout the item or sent the payment. It has been 2 days since the buyer did not respond to my PMs regarding payment and that I have emailed him/her the code.

Would I be protected against this from ebay? How long should I wait before I contact ebay about my situation if the buyer does not respond? The person has 151 feedback and 100%, so I do hope I am just overthinking it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike1888
08-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Wow, I have never heard of something like that before hehe. How much was it? If it was a lot, I'd say hes going to try get away with the free code. If its little, I'd bet he'll pay eventually with that positive track record he has.

I don't think you'll be covered with this. I'm no expert in paypal disputes but a seller giving someone something before they paid is just not common, unconventional and not very believable. You didn't follow proper ebay protocol so I don't think this will work out in your favour if the buyer doesn't pay.

Then again, I'm no expert, I've only had 1 problem on ebay and it that case I was the buyer.

If he doesn't pay within a week, threaten negative feedback. I think that's all you can do really :S

Hope you get paid. :think:

tallkid123
08-08-2011, 07:50 AM
*Oops, I meant for this to go in Off-Topics, sorry*

I am quite new to ebay...

My first auction has just ended for an online code. i accidently sent the code to the last bidder before he completed checkout the item or sent the payment. It has been 2 days since the buyer did not respond to my PMs regarding payment and that I have emailed him/her the code.

Would I be protected against this from ebay? How long should I wait before I contact ebay about my situation if the buyer does not respond? The person has 151 feedback and 100%, so I do hope I am just overthinking it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Take this as an important lesson. NEVER SEND ANYTHING UNTIL YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT.

In your case, the guy should pay up. I'm not sure how paypal would handle it. Normally, they're always on the buyer's side but in this case, only you are at a liability here.

Also, some buyers are either quite lazy/unavailable at compuer so spamming a few more ebay invoices never hurt anyone. Give him another day or two before opening up a paypal dispute.

jugolicious
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes, I did learn my lesson, and lucky, it was only $26+ebay fees.

Thanks for your help everyone! I will wait a bit more then contact ebay or threaten negative feedback.

AJLareneg
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Yes, I did learn my lesson, and lucky, it was only $26+ebay fees.

Thanks for your help everyone! I will wait a bit more then contact ebay or threaten negative feedback.

i don't believe you can leave negative feedback for buyers anymore?

i sold my first thing on ebay about a week ago and when I went to leave them feedback the only option I had was "positive" :\

I have heard from a lot of people that eBay highly values buyers over sellers...so it could be part of that. Not sure if there is much you can do if he doesn't pay.

twistedsymphony
08-12-2011, 10:04 PM
nope you cannot leave negative feedback for buyers anymore (because ebay assumes as a seller if they don't pay you then you shouldn't send it.)

you CAN file a claim that they haven't paid you... if it goes all the way their account will have an unpaid buyer mark on it which can limit them on what they can bid on... but it wont effect their feedback AFAIK.

jugolicious
08-13-2011, 01:55 AM
The buyer ended up paying, and apologized for being late. Thank you everyone for the help and answers though!

mosavon
08-13-2011, 02:15 AM
thats good to here glad it worked out