PDA

View Full Version : List of Editions that are Better for one Console or another...

twistedsymphony
11-11-2009, 07:36 PM
If you're like me you've got more than one console, and often you're faced with the decision to buy a game for once console over the other...

I'd like this thread to point out which version of certain CrossPlatform releases are perferred and why...

the "Why" CANNOT includes reasons of graphics, console trates (XBL, or standard controller design, etc.), or personal preference...

only cold hard facts based on the extras included with the CE or actual content included/excluded from the game on one console or another.

I'll start off with a few:

John Woo Presents Stranglehold Collectors Edition
Buy it for: Playstation 3
Why: The CE Extras are better
The Playstation 3 version includes a BluRay copy of John Woo's HardBoiled, a great action movie, and it doesn't cost anymore than the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition
Buy it for: Xbox 360
Why: Exclusive Game Content (not "edition" specific)
The Xbox 360 version has the option to download an play 2 substantial game expansions: The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony, neither of which are available on the Playstation 3

Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition
Why: Exclusive Game Content (not "edition" specific)
The Playstaiton 3 version includes several levels where you can play as the Joker that are no available on the Xbox 360 version.

Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition [NTSC]
Why: Better Quality CE Extras
The Playstation 3 version includes a Ryu figurine while the Xbox 360 version includes a C-Viper Figurine, the Ryu figurine is more desirable and of a higher quality than the C-Viper one. Also the Bonus Movie comes on a BluRay movie disc for the Playstation 3 while the Xbox 360 includes a Game Disc with the movie on it, that is only playable in an Xbox 360 console.

------------

I'm sure I could think of more... but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has other games they'd like to add to the list. :beer: