PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform CEs with different Covers.

twistedsymphony
08-10-2011, 08:47 PM
So I was thinking about picking up a PS3 copy of Catherine simply because it has a completely different cover than the Xbox 360 version.

It got me thinking... what other CE releases have different cover art from one console to the other... The only other game I could think of like that was GTAIV... can anyone think of any others?

Catherine Love is Over Deluxe Edition [NTSC] - 360 Features Katherine, PS3 features Catherine
Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition [NTSC]/[PAL] - 360 Features Nico, PS3 features lollypop girl
Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition [NTSC] - 360 Features purple on gold coloring PS3 features gold on purple coloring
Soul Calibur IV Premium Edition [NTSC] - 360 Features White Background PS3 features Black Background
The King of Fighters XII Collector's Edition [PAL] - 360 Features Ryo, PS3 features Terry

EDIT: thought of 2 more: Saints Row 2 and Soul Calibur IV, both have different color themes... subtle, but different. I don't think I'm familiar enough with PAL release to determine if there are alternatives there too.

EDIT 2: updated list

tallkid123
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
King of Fighters XII CE had 2 different covers. PS3 had Ryo something something and Xbox 360 had Terry Bogard. But that's because both platform CEs featured different figurines.

twistedsymphony
08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I completely forgot about that one! good call!

...added to the list.

I also I snagged a copy of the PS3 GTAIV SE... and I'm picking up the PS3 version of Catherine later today... I figured it'd be cool to display them both side by side.