PDA

View Full Version : Popeye 1933-1943 Collector's Tin

foreverflash
08-25-2011, 06:05 AM
So I wanted to start off my first discussion in this forum about a neat find I recently came across. I've been having this urge to investigate the old, classic cartoons. Specifically, I'm interested in Bugs Bunny and Popeye. I found that there existed 3 volumes of restored Popeye shorts which made up a collection of Popeye shows from a specific era (1933-1943). I thought this would be as good a place to start as any.

I found out that there was an exclusive (to Best Buy and a few other "club" stores) collector's Tin released that put all 3 volumes together. A beautiful tin. I was only able to find 1 for sale on eBay, sealed/new. I snagged it! Unfortunately, the tin (even though sealed) had some significant damage in the form of dents. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

So I wanted to create this thread to ask anyone if they have seen this for sale anywhere (else) in the world besides USA/UK retailers, which I've searched already. I am in search of 1 that is new and undamaged (with no dents). From what I've gathered in my search so far, this seems to be quite rare. Here's a link to a picture:

http://imageshack.us/f/396/popeye1tr4.jpg/
:popcorn:

fazerco
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
I did a search, and didnt/couldn't find it here.

Good luck searching.

jugolicious
08-29-2011, 11:48 PM
I'll check my local bestbuys here in Canada when i pass by one for you!

foreverflash
09-02-2011, 01:55 AM
I'll check my local bestbuys here in Canada when i pass by one for you!Oh that's great thanks! I don't think you'll find this still in retail stores though as it was released some 3-5 years ago (not sure exact time, think it was 2007). I do appreciate you looking though. I just need to find one of these that is NOT dented/damaged.