PDA

View Full Version : Worthy of a Dispute??

AJLareneg
08-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Recently, I was excited to have finally won a copy of the inFamous 2 Hero Edition that had the cover exclusive to certain regions in europe.

However, when I got it, it didn't have the box!! ....Which was the only thing I bid on it for. The description doesn't mention anything about the box being missing, just the game and bag, which I didn't care about because I don't want to repurchase the entire CE as it's usually way too expensive considering the only thing different is the box...

It was also packaged kind of horribly and the plastic the figurine was in is all mashed up.

But most importantly, there is no EU box. Would this be grounds to file a paypal dispute?? The only thing pictured in the auction IS the box (which is why i bid).

I sent him a message but I'm really mad I just want to refund the damn thing and start my search over. He obviously is bad at packaging and I doubt I could trust the box to make it overseas in one piece anyway.

...on that note, does anyone here have the box I'm talking about? Its the one with evil Cole on one side and hero Cole on the other, and the lightning bits have reflective silver in them. It's a lot nicer than the box we got here...

tallkid123
08-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Recently, I was excited to have finally won a copy of the inFamous 2 Hero Edition that had the cover exclusive to certain regions in europe.

However, when I got it, it didn't have the box!! ....Which was the only thing I bid on it for. The description doesn't mention anything about the box being missing, just the game and bag, which I didn't care about because I don't want to repurchase the entire CE as it's usually way too expensive considering the only thing different is the box...

It was also packaged kind of horribly and the plastic the figurine was in is all mashed up.

But most importantly, there is no EU box. Would this be grounds to file a paypal dispute?? The only thing pictured in the auction IS the box (which is why i bid).

I sent him a message but I'm really mad I just want to refund the damn thing and start my search over. He obviously is bad at packaging and I doubt I could trust the box to make it overseas in one piece anyway.

...on that note, does anyone here have the box I'm talking about? Its the one with evil Cole on one side and hero Cole on the other, and the lightning bits have reflective silver in them. It's a lot nicer than the box we got here...

Open a Paypal dispute. Your item was significantly different than described and so you're entitled to a refund once you've returned the goods.

Do keep in mind that Paypal only covers the price you paid for the good(s) itself and not the return post. That's something you'll need to discuss with the seller.

Also, the dispute automatically closes once you've received a refund via paypal.

Anjelaoni
08-28-2011, 08:12 AM
You can still buy some Hero Editions in the shops. Look at this, a webshop from Switzerland: http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/25399-inFamous-2-Hero-Edition

Is that the one your looking for? I don't think that this version is rare, there should be a good chance to get another one! :)

AJLareneg
08-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I am not sure? was that the version released there? I was trying to avoid buying the entire CE again seeing as how cheap the US one is now (Gamestop selling them for $60 a while back)

I don't really trust stock images either. I'd hate to order it again and find out its the wrong one. I guess it's good to know it's not that rare, but it seems like I've gone through a lot to try to get one already.

I think it was released in Germany too, in which case it is listed on amazon.de but again it is using stock images so I don't know if its the box I am looking for. The stock images always show the same one as the one I have. (assuming amazon.de even ships overseas.)

Biggav4000
08-28-2011, 10:08 AM
amazon.de do ship overseas but i can get it for you and ship it to you .:thumb:

Anjelaoni
08-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I am not sure? was that the version released there? I was trying to avoid buying the entire CE again seeing as how cheap the US one is now (Gamestop selling them for $60 a while back)

I don't really trust stock images either. I'd hate to order it again and find out its the wrong one. I guess it's good to know it's not that rare, but it seems like I've gone through a lot to try to get one already.

I think it was released in Germany too, in which case it is listed on amazon.de but again it is using stock images so I don't know if its the box I am looking for. The stock images always show the same one as the one I have. (assuming amazon.de even ships overseas.)

I got one myself, its the one with both coles on each side and some silver foil inside his hand to reflect light as a mirror. I've taken some pictures from my CE, just for you. ;)

Cole Good (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/dsc4203a.jpg/)
Cole Bad (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/dsc4202.jpg/)

AJLareneg
08-29-2011, 02:41 AM
amazon.de do ship overseas but i can get it for you and ship it to you .:thumb:

:X did you see my PM? also, I am not sure if I can afford the price to import this yet. My paypal is running a bit low on funds and I need to figure out what's going on there before I commit to this...I am also curious if it is the proper box I want, but I think it is.

I got one myself, its the one with both coles on each side and some silver foil inside his hand to reflect light as a mirror. I've taken some pictures from my CE, just for you. ;)

Cole Good (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/dsc4203a.jpg/)
Cole Bad (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/dsc4202.jpg/)

Ah, yes! That is exactly the one I want! Do you know if its the same one that is listed on amazon.de? It's slightly cheaper once currency conversion sets in, so I'd prefer to get it there if possible...

Anjelaoni
08-29-2011, 07:17 AM
:X did you see my PM? also, I am not sure if I can afford the price to import this yet. My paypal is running a bit low on funds and I need to figure out what's going on there before I commit to this...I am also curious if it is the proper box I want, but I think it is.

Ah, yes! That is exactly the one I want! Do you know if its the same one that is listed on amazon.de? It's slightly cheaper once currency conversion sets in, so I'd prefer to get it there if possible...

This is the cheapest homepage in Switzerland for the Hero Edition, I got my edition from them as well. LINK (http://www.citydisc.ch/games/detail.cfm?lang=d&section=playstation3&art_nr=9629817&navid=43) CHF 99.50, brandnew and unopend. That was a huge bargain for me! :D
I don't know if the amazon version is the same, but I think so, the box looks like mine. :)

AJLareneg
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I contacted the seller and he told me his auction description said it did not come with the box. I don't speak German but I ran his auction through a translator and saw no mention if it not including the box. He also told me I should have contacted him before bidding. Why would I contact a seller and ask them if they are selling the item pictured in their auction!?

Completely ridiculous. I held off on filing a dispute in case he wanted to send me the box, but he refused, so I am going to file one now. Why should I have to ask sellers if they are going to sell me the item they photograph? Why would he just picture the box if he wasn't even going to sell it?

Maybe this will teach him a lesson to just photo items he is actually selling from now on.

This is the cheapest homepage in Switzerland for the Hero Edition, I got my edition from them as well. LINK (http://www.citydisc.ch/games/detail.cfm?lang=d&section=playstation3&art_nr=9629817&navid=43) CHF 99.50, brandnew and unopend. That was a huge bargain for me! :D
I don't know if the amazon version is the same, but I think so, the box looks like mine. :)

I think the amazon box is the same one as well. The side panel looks the same as what I've seen in photos of this box. I might try to pick one up...hopefully shipping to the US won't be too much.

Venner
09-15-2011, 11:30 PM
How is the dispute getting on?

AJLareneg
09-16-2011, 05:26 AM
He only half-refunded me as he didn't want the item back. So I've got yet another copy of the Cole MacGrath statue... ah well. At least he fits in my with my collection...still disappointed at lacking the box though. I'm not sure what kind of feedback to leave him either...he was kind of rude when I mentioned it to him originally but when I opened the dispute was quick to offer me a refund.

:/ I'm just not sure...

vhal_x
09-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe leave him a neutral, but explain in the comments what you just said there (or similar) xx

mosavon
09-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Negative, as you are not happy and the outcome wasnt to your expectation, sounds to me like he just thought he could brush it all under the carpet and the problem would just go away

Sounds like a right douche

gurpswoo1
09-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Negative because a neutral is basically a positive as it doesn't effect there rating.

I would say:

"Wrong item, was rude and refused full refund. Not happy"

vhal_x
09-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Oh, I thought it would affect ratings, so change what I said to negative too :haha: xx