PDA

View Full Version : What's your 'collecting' pet hate?

vhal_x
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Mine is, missing out on an edition, due to being skint at the time/not knowing about the edition/finding out too late/preorders getting messed up/having to cancel preorders due to money problems (the list goes on...), and then not being able to get it due to people blatantly only wanting a profit off of it :banghead:

On the other hand, my favourite part is the sense of pride when you look at your collection, knowing that not many other people have some of the editions you own xx

gurpswoo1
09-18-2011, 10:17 PM
That's easy, looking at your collection make me depressed. :nosleep:

But seriously for me, it's a story that becoming more and more common:

1) New Edition announced super excited and pre-order :drool:
2) Release day you receive the item and super happy:thumb:
3) Notice it's not actually limited in any way and is still for sale everywhere :stop: still feeling happy.
4) 1 Week later price drops, I go to corner to cry abit. But still feeling ok realise it can''t drop in price again.
5) Another week or so, price drops again, I go to corner to cry alot more. Then feel angry:mad:
6) Another week or so price drops again and I swear at the PC screen.:rant:
7) Have a day to think and decide to buy a second copy at cheap price as my first isn't quite super mint. :banghead:
8) Go to Order, it's Soldout. :censored:Throws PC screen out window :
9) I say to myself I can learn from my mistake and will not order for launch and buy cheap later.
10) Buy new PC Screen and see new Edition announced, super excited :drool:
11) Don't order and feeling like a smart guy:1:
12) Release day and it's Sold out :sick:
13) Throw new PC Screen out window.
14) Buy new screen, check eBay, prices are double.
15) :suicide:

I call it the 15 stage of becoming a Collector. :taunt:

For my Favourite :

I guess I would say this forum, or more specifically discussing a hobby of mine with fellow collector's. I can't do that with many of my friends and or any of my family.

vhal_x
09-18-2011, 10:20 PM
LOL! Love the 15 stages, especially how more and more frustrating they get :haha: Believe me, I know the feeling! :haha: xx