PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lists

scottcross
10-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Seeing as we are close to that time of year again, just wondering whats at the top of everyone else's christmas lists of CE's?

gu8
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
its gotta be that metal gear peacewalker konami edition with 2 statues, looks the shit that does

vhal_x
10-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm already getting most of this years releases beforehand anyway, so for Christmas I'm wanting a bunch of older releases, so far, I've already got a few things put away & on their way (from my parents): Dragon Age Origins Wooden box, AC:Brotherhood Harlequin, GoW3 Steelbook, a couple of GoW3 Preorder Bonuses. And from my boyfriend, he's getting me the Codex Edition of AC:Brotherhood, and some others that I've yet to decide.

I've bought him the F.3.A.R CE, getting him the DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi CE, and a replica Xmen First Class Nazi Coin xx

I'd also like the GoW3 & MW3 Xbox 360s, if someone would be kind enough to buy me them ;) :rotf: xx

scottcross
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Pretty good christmas list you got so far lol,I'm trying to get my girlfriend to buy me games for christmas but she not having any of it, unfortunately she doesn't share my passion :(

vhal_x
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Unlucky!

Even before I was into collecting, my boyfriend was, so I did whatever I could to help him (I never realised at the time, but I think it was my subconscious trying to turn me into a collector)!

I spent £500 on CE's for him for our first Christmas together (actually was nearer to £600, but our budget was £500), but that was before we had our son, so we had more money to blow :rotf:!

And every time we were in town (or even when it was me on my own), I'd pick up a CE, even if it was just a small one.

The main one I remember was the MW2 Prestige Edition, I found it for £50 only a short while after release, and whilst he was at the other end of the shop, I quickly bought it, then took it over to him :haha: xx

scottcross
10-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I once sent my girlfriend to game to pick up modern warfare 2 and she came back with number 1, I gave up any hope of converting her at that stage lol :)

vhal_x
10-04-2011, 11:02 PM
:rotf: ! xx

AJLareneg
10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
For me, nothing at the moment. We're being pretty tight this year on our budget versus last year, so I doubt I can get any games. Though last year for my birthday I managed to get the New Vegas CE, as it came out the day before my birthday. :b Perfect timing~

scottcross
10-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Luckily enough for me as well the assassins creeds always seem to be out the month of my birthday so i get them as presents :)

gurpswoo1
10-04-2011, 11:44 PM
I want prince of Persia limited box sealed, the play.com one.

Never going to get it though.

SquirrelRaper
10-05-2011, 04:36 AM
*Cries* I missed out on The Metal Gear Solid limited edition Risk game board, sold out in less than a day. :banghead: Oh well, my bf won't be getting that for Xmas(which will is gift to both of us really as like all other games). I guess Im going with the just the collectors edition(not as nice as the limited edition, which only 2,014 were made and numbered plus custom artwork) for now unless someone is nice enough that ordered extras and wants to share. ^_^

I dont really know what I want for Xmas but I do consider the stuff I have preordered as a gift to myself lol and now have less gift ideas for others to buy me. I have already pre-ordered the following(all are for PS3): Skylanders bundle,Batman Arkham City CE, Uncharted 3 CE(US), MGS Ultimate HD collection(Zavvi exclusive), MGS HD collection LE(US), Skyrim CE, Battlefield LE, Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi CE, Rayman Origins CE(Thanks Vhal), Sonic Gen. CE, Saints Row: The Third Maximum Pleasure Edition, LOTR: War in the North CE, and King of Fighters + bonus 4 CD soundtrack. I still need to order Tekken Hybrid LE,Ratchet and Clank all 4 one CE, RAGE CE(UK),Assassins Creed Signature edition, plus some none CE's and I may order some steelbooks.

Basically getting every PS3 CE between now and Xmas. If you see that I missed one other than steelbooks, please inform me.---and before anyone mentions it lol, I left out COD: MW3 CE because I will pick it up when it's cheap.

Im thinking since I should ask for a special edition console/handheld such as any of the gameboy,PSP ones or even a Hello Kitty Dreamcast. I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to get something other than PS3 stuff since I do want to collect every console/game possible. As for my BF, I'm not sure what else to get him. I mean whatever I get for Xmas is his and vice versa, haha. If anyone has any suggestions on random video game merchandise(Playstation related) other than actual games like figurines, plushies, or any other random things of the sort...please let me know. There's just so much of it, I dont even know where to begin.

Now, wouldn't it be awesome if we set up a Secret Santa thing on here? I mean obviously most of us dont really know each other but there's quite a lot of people that come on here regularly and chat. And the gifts(game related things of course) could just be relatively cheap such as posters, or small little trinkets.

Sorry for typing so much, having too many energy drinks makes me chatty. :rotf:

Mike1888
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
The MGS Risk sold out? Damnit :( I wanted that too.

vhal_x
10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I like the secret santa idea XD xx

AJLareneg
10-06-2011, 12:03 AM
The secret santa idea might be fun, but I'd want it to be a less expensive thing as well. I'm rather broke atm, and probably will be until the end of this year. medical bills add up fast.

Mike1888
10-06-2011, 02:14 AM
I like it too. That would be a lot of fun but I agree with AJLareneg, it should be with less expensive items, not like a full sealed CE, maybe just a neat promo item.

vhal_x
10-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, that was what was originally suggested by Sheena, a small trinket or other inexpensive item, as we all sure are feeling the burn this year with preorders :rotf: xx

AJLareneg
10-07-2011, 04:36 AM
as we all sure are feeling the burn this year with preorders :rotf: xx

try medical bills. :b I wish mine was something fun......

psiguy3
10-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Funny you guys talk about the Risk game as i pre ordered one for a friend in Canada like the first day. I may have pre ordered 2 copies but dont know. Ill let you guys know as i can sell one to you guys if I did in fact order two copies.

Id be up for a Secret Santa thing as I can ship worldwide.

My Xmas List

Skyrim
Saints Row 3
FF13-2 Crystal Edition Paid off
Assassin's Creed Revaltions
UMvC3
Uncharted 3
3DS w/ games
new 360
More Dragon Quest Figures

gurpswoo1
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
How would secret Santa work, you would need to know the address and so you would know who sent you the item.

vhal_x
10-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Someone would be in charge and take all the names and put them in a hat, and draw them twice (once to find who number 1 has as the person to give a gift to, and a second time to see who they receive from) and everyone would send their address to the person in charge, and the person in charge sends the correct addresses out to the secret santas (so nobody knows who anybody else has except the person in charge) xx

psiguy3
10-25-2011, 08:19 PM
I could do it if you want. i do my office one every year and its pretty fun

vhal_x
10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Probably do a vote first to see how many people are even interested, since it isn't a definite thing yet, uno momento, I shall make a thread ;) xx

Futbol 04
10-29-2011, 02:56 PM
At the moment I'm looking at the original gameboy sealed, pokemon blue, yellow, and red all sealed. GF $750..