PDA

View Full Version : Press Kits

Futbol 04
10-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Ok I've noticed people selling press kits for ridiculous amounts of money when they get it for free. My question is 1) What's the best way for someone not in the media to get a hold of one. 2) Why are they worth so much? 3) Are they worth it? Please let me know guys and girls! Thanks!

lhurgoyf
10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
1) Be friends with someone who is in the media.
2) Because of their rarity/limited availability.
3) They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Futbol 04
10-27-2011, 01:35 AM
1) Unfortunately I'm not..
2) Makes sense since it is exclusive
3) Damn there goes my wish of getting my first one cheap ha

lhurgoyf
10-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Well realize that a lot of collector's collect their favorite franchises. That will make certain press kits more desirable. If you are looking for to find certain press kits, setup an ebay search notifier -- you may get some hits and you might actually find a good deal.

bbki
10-27-2011, 05:29 AM
You can try your luck on PlayStation blog which they give away from time to time like Uncharted Fortune Hunter (US) and God Of War series (EU)

PlayStation press kit usually high based on how hardcore their fanboyism are, except Zelda...that's franchise collector is a beast.

Hint is that on ebay don't only use word "Press Kit" try to varied your search.
Recently some dude around here just won Infamous 1 and 2 for only 5 euro each.

I will try to post more on ebay stuff so more people will have opportunity to have one in reasonable price.

vhal_x
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I have two press kits at the moment, both I got for less than £100 each :) looking to getting tonnes more next year when I'm not so skint :p xx

psiguy3
10-27-2011, 05:34 PM
lol, yess cant wait till next year when the good game drought starts

T2_Twinz
10-28-2011, 10:50 PM
bbki, What key word do you usually used to find the press kit on ebay?

ingmar1988
10-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Press, promo, media kit.

Also helps to search on different ebay sites.

BTW, i hope somebody knows, but why are there no press kits on sale in the USA? I never see ones on ebay.com.

AJLareneg
10-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Press, promo, media kit.

Also helps to search on different ebay sites.

BTW, i hope somebody knows, but why are there no press kits on sale in the USA? I never see ones on ebay.com.

from what i've seen, most of them come from Europe... the stuff the US gets in terms of promotion for games is a lot different. I don't know much about other series, but inFamous got a nice press kit over in Europe, but in the US it just got a book. (still nice, but press kit so cool!) ...and nothing for inFamous 2 as far as I know.

Futbol 04
10-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Because gaming is important down here in America. Unless it's oil, army, or mcdonalds it's unimportant...