PDA

View Full Version : i'm sick n tired of SHIPPING FROM ABROAD!!!

Twisted
11-13-2011, 07:21 AM
IT JUST SEEMS MORE TIMES THAN NOT...MY COLLECTORS EDITIONS ARE ARRIVING WITH EXCESSIVE SHELFWARE AND DAMAGE...THIS WEEK ALONE I RECEIVED MY MODERN WARFARE 3 HARDENED EDITION WITH SHELFWARE DAMAGE TO THE GAME "CASE" ITSELF ON ALL 4 CORNERS, AND I PLAN ON RETURNING UNFORTUNATELY, I CAN ONLY RECEIVE MERCHANDISE CREDIT, AND THE ITEM IS SOLD OUT IN USA...AND YET AGAIN, MY SONIC GENERATIONS COLLECTORS EDITION ARRIVES FROM AUSTRAILIA..WITH VISIBLE DAMAGE TO ONE SIDE OF THE BOX, AND THE PLASTIC COVER CRACKED IN VARIOUS SPOTS..THE GAME ITSELF HAD "AIRPACKS" ON ONE SIDE, AND THAT'S..IT..THE SAME GOES FOR UNCHARTED 3 EXPLORERS FROM AMAZON.DE..GERMANY..WITH AGAIN, BEAT UP TORN OUTER COVERING, UNLIKE THE CLEAN ONES I SEE PEOPLE POSTING ON THE FORUMS...THIS IS VERY DISCOURAGING TO A SEAL GAME COLLECTOR..IT MAKES ME ASK IF IT'S EVEN WORTH IT ANYMORE TO SOME ONE IN MY SPECIFIC GENRE?..BECAUSE WHERE ALL AMPED AND EXCITED TO SEE THE PERFECT PICS, PUT IN PLENTY REQUESTS, BUT DURING SHIPMENT, THE PACKERS AND SHIPPERS DON'T CARE..THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO TREATED MY PACKAGES WELL WERE VOLUNTEERS ON THIS BOARD OR IMPORT SITE YAMATO-TOUCH.COM...VERY HAPPY WITH THE HELP I GOT ON HERE, AND THAT JAPAN IMPORT SITE,..AMAZON.DE, AUSTRAILIAN ON LINE RETAILERS, WHEN IT COMES TO SHIPPING TO USA...I'M THROUGH WITH THEM...:pooryou:

gurpswoo1
11-13-2011, 03:04 PM
As collectors edition become bigger and more fragile, the current packaging used for items are no longer going to be sufficient.

Postage is also getting more and more expensive so retailers are going to used the smallest and lightest form of packaging to save costs.

However retailers are getting better, Zavvi and Amazon for example are getting e better. still not perfect but a considerable improvements from a year ago.

shipping abroad also brings it's own problems, I have seen first hand on how couriers deal with packages, lets just say it's not pretty. Certain courier handle items with much better care than others.

I have sent many items via DHL and every single one has arrived in much better condition than TNT. In the UK, Yodel or Hermes and TNT are so bad it's not worth sending with them. It's funny how a box sent via Hermes will have dents and edge damage sent to someone in the UK but the same box sent all the way around the world next day via DHL will be close to the same condition it was sent in.

Still I take your point that the way retailers store and handle stock is getting worst, an item just released should arrive mint, there is no excuse and the only culprit is the handlers and packers.

In today world of ultra low margins every penny counts, the only avenue has traditionally been the packaging but it has now spread to the item itself where boxes are being made from thinner cardboard, cheaper and lighter steel books and DLC cards instead of physical discs.

It's a worrying trend which I see getting worst.

mosavon
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I agree the fault often lies with the packing rather then the handling, if its well packaged then only extreme mistreatment can damage the contents.

mosavon
11-13-2011, 03:48 PM
IT JUST SEEMS MORE TIMES THAN NOT...MY COLLECTORS EDITIONS ARE ARRIVING WITH EXCESSIVE SHELFWARE AND DAMAGE...THIS WEEK ALONE I RECEIVED MY MODERN WARFARE 3 HARDENED EDITION WITH SHELFWARE DAMAGE TO THE GAME "CASE" ITSELF ON ALL 4 CORNERS, AND I PLAN ON RETURNING UNFORTUNATELY, I CAN ONLY RECEIVE MERCHANDISE CREDIT, AND THE ITEM IS SOLD OUT IN USA...AND YET AGAIN, MY SONIC GENERATIONS COLLECTORS EDITION ARRIVES FROM AUSTRAILIA..WITH VISIBLE DAMAGE TO ONE SIDE OF THE BOX, AND THE PLASTIC COVER CRACKED IN VARIOUS SPOTS..THE GAME ITSELF HAD "AIRPACKS" ON ONE SIDE, AND THAT'S..IT..THE SAME GOES FOR UNCHARTED 3 EXPLORERS FROM AMAZON.DE..GERMANY..WITH AGAIN, BEAT UP TORN OUTER COVERING, UNLIKE THE CLEAN ONES I SEE PEOPLE POSTING ON THE FORUMS...THIS IS VERY DISCOURAGING TO A SEAL GAME COLLECTOR..IT MAKES ME ASK IF IT'S EVEN WORTH IT ANYMORE TO SOME ONE IN MY SPECIFIC GENRE?..BECAUSE WHERE ALL AMPED AND EXCITED TO SEE THE PERFECT PICS, PUT IN PLENTY REQUESTS, BUT DURING SHIPMENT, THE PACKERS AND SHIPPERS DON'T CARE..THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO TREATED MY PACKAGES WELL WERE VOLUNTEERS ON THIS BOARD OR IMPORT SITE YAMATO-TOUCH.COM...VERY HAPPY WITH THE HELP I GOT ON HERE, AND THAT JAPAN IMPORT SITE,..AMAZON.DE, AUSTRAILIAN ON LINE RETAILERS, WHEN IT COMES TO SHIPPING TO USA...I'M THROUGH WITH THEM...:pooryou:

I suggest in future you consider a forwarding alternative. If somebody in the country you require goods from gets it, then not only will returning be a lot less painful but you can also be more specific in your packing expectations

You sound ALOT like me, i also find the condition obsession a bit stressful to say the least,

Dreamcazman
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
My last two CE's I've received from a local retailer haven't been as perfect as I had hoped. Sonic Generations had a small dent in the lower right hand front corner with the outer plastic being crumpled slightly. My MW3HE had a small mark on the centre bottom edge. Not as much damage as you received Twisted, but very annoying nonetheless.

I emailed the shop and they could only offer me a refund. :banghead: The damage wasn't severe enough to warrant this and I much rather keep them, considering it's next to impossible to get replacements, without paying a highly inflated price.

Having said that, whenever I pre-order games from a bricks & mortar store, the 'damage' seems to be worse overall than if I order online. The store clerks don't handle the bigger CE's with much due care.

AJLareneg
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I agree the fault often lies with the packing rather then the handling, if its well packaged then only extreme mistreatment can damage the contents.

Pretty much this. Mail carriers lob packages into their trucks, its really up to the senders to make sure their items are packaged in a way to withstand being tossed about.

RyT
11-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Aha, my CE that came in the worst condition was FFxiii CE from HMV.com. Had no problems with them until this specific order that they decided to send in padded envelope. Same issue with Ar Tonelico Qoga from Amazon US .. Geez have some common sense,

1. It's called Collector's Edition for a reason.
2. It's original packaging is made of soft box material prone to damage.
3. It's travelling around the world
4. They could at least pack it well with 4.50 GBP (HMV UK) and 25 USD (Amazon) they charge for shipping. I had order cost 1.00 ish for shipping and they put in a well sturdy box.
5. Still Collector's Edition for a reason.

If I can operate a game store anywhere in the world, I would hire you guys for packing lol

With that being said, I can see staff at EBgames get annoyed at me at times, hehe changed Batman AC steelbook after a day (found a minor scratch on case on close inspection) and Skyrim CE, first box given to me have all dents, and request change on spot with many customers waiting in line to collect their Skyrim. I wish to build up the rapport so I can go in their stockroom to choose myself :D Will have fun with FFXIII-2 crystal editions :D

Twisted
11-14-2011, 05:12 AM
absolutely right!!..all of you make valid points,..i bet game store employees, individually hand pick and set aside the best versions for themselves :)...just before store opening, if it's something that they want also...what lucky bastards,hahahaha.