PDA

View Full Version : I found a super rare PS3 game

SquirrelRaper
11-27-2011, 02:02 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3NN8T-63dKU/TnuKECQ1QoI/AAAAAAAACik/NEGdtsgI1-g/s320/NBA-Elite-11-cover.jpg

Now, I don't own it yet. If all goes as planned, I will be paying this guy on Monday and then will be receiving it soon after, *crosses fingers* .:bananayes: If you don't already know about it read:

Value: New Price: $1,500 Used Price: $1,000
"For 2011 Electronic Arts tried to revamp their basketball franchise from NBA Live to NBA Elite. Elite 11 was supposed to be released in time for the 2011 season but it was officially cancelled November 2010 after numerous glitches and delays. EA had sent samples to some retailers but not every copy was returned after cancellation. So far only eight copies have surfaced, which makes it the rarest game on this list but the exact number of copies in existence isn't known."
Source:http://blog.pricecharting.com/2009/08/most-expensive-playstation-3-game.html

Sorry for the copypasta but I was too lazy to explain.

I can now truly complete my PS3 game collection one day, if I do buy this. Is anyone else interested in a copy? I MAY have another connection but I'm warning you, it will be pricey. :rotf:

Also, you should youtube how awful this game truly is...it's just sad. :lmao:

Onyxia
11-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Haha, nice, congrats on such a great find! I'd love to see your complete PS3 collection, that must be so many games! Do you know how many you have so far? :D

SquirrelRaper
11-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Haha, nice, congrats on such a great find! I'd love to see your complete PS3 collection, that must be so many games! Do you know how many you have so far? :D

Thanks. ^_^
Yes, there are so many PS3 games, more than most people think there is. I think there is at least 800 or 900 something PS3 games now. Once I complete my database...I shall know, haha.

I have around 480 unique games so far. I kinda got a wee bit behind on my list of what I own. I also, have duplicates of quite a few games. I'd say at least 15-20 of those, so basically 500 PS3 game in total.

I'd love to have more Japanese editions though, I love their stuff, haha.

What do you collect any how?

Onyxia
11-27-2011, 04:02 AM
Oh wow 900! that's crazy! Never thought there were that many out there. 480 is really impressive! Japanese editions are usually packed with nice things, it's why I enjoy those the most. I wish you good luck completing your database!
I guess I don't collect anything specific. I usually buy games that I enjoy, but since most of them are jRPGs, I guess you could say I collect those. I tend to nail them down one series at a time. It can get expensive for some of the older ones.

mawa
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I also know about this game and in the past i have try to buy one also.
I have make in the past offers from about 800$ for a sealed one bud have not won it :(

Its a very hard to find game and you have found 2 great find
But i cant buy on this moment damnit i want it lol

kennyrh
11-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah that's a great find. Excellent stuff. :notworthy:

It's a bit ironic that you have to pay big bucks for such a shit game . . .especially from EA :sick:

SquirrelRaper
11-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I also know about this game and in the past i have try to buy one also.
I have make in the past offers from about 800$ for a sealed one bud have not won it :(

Its a very hard to find game and you have found 2 great find
But i cant buy on this moment damnit i want it lol

Yeah, mine is going to cost about $1k. I think I have seen them go off for as much as $1,700, though I had missed those auctions. Yeah, these kinda came out of no where, so I'm like damn got to buy one.

Yeah that's a great find. Excellent stuff. :notworthy:

It's a bit ironic that you have to pay big bucks for such a shit game . . .especially from EA :sick:

I know, right? Not even EA approved of this game. I normally wouldn't pay but $5 for sports games. I hate EA, lol.

Oh wow 900! that's crazy! Never thought there were that many out there. 480 is really impressive! Japanese editions are usually packed with nice things, it's why I enjoy those the most. I wish you good luck completing your database!
I guess I don't collect anything specific. I usually buy games that I enjoy, but since most of them are jRPGs, I guess you could say I collect those. I tend to nail them down one series at a time. It can get expensive for some of the older ones.

Yeah, of course that 900 is spread amongst all regions. jRPG's are probably one of my favorite, too. Are you collecting older gen games?

Onyxia
11-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, of course that 900 is spread amongst all regions. jRPG's are probably one of my favorite, too. Are you collecting older gen games?
Yep! I got into gaming when I was still very young (late 80s) so some of my favourite games are for older consoles.
I pretty much collect games starting starting from the NES era up to now. I used to mostly rent games as a kid so now it's time to buy all of them!

SquirrelRaper
11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Yep! I got into gaming when I was still very young (late 80s) so some of my favourite games are for older consoles.
I pretty much collect games starting starting from the NES era up to now. I used to mostly rent games as a kid so now it's time to buy all of them!

Me too, haha. I never rented games but I didn't keep my games boxes/insets..most of the time they never had it to begin with. And my PS1 collection was destroyed a very long time ago, eh. Then, when Gameboy color came out I kept the boxes/manuals for all my games but I have no idea where they went. So, I kinda collected in the late 90's but then I started picking up used games they either were missing items or my brothers owned/stole it and sold it.

I can only kick myself for not keeping everything with my games. I wish I was at least 5 yrs older, and then I could of had a better collection. :rotf:

kennyrh
11-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't suppose it will ever be known fully but it would be interesting to have an estimate on how many copies of this actually exist.

I know a grand sounds a lot for a game on a current-gen console but when you compare it to other collectables like comics, for instance, where there are very few copies out in the wild of, let's say, Superman 1 then it's not a whole lot to lay out when these comic books go for hundreds of thousands.

I know they are a lot older but the scarcity would probably be comparable.

mawa
11-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Are you goining for a sealed one or a used one?

SquirrelRaper
11-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Are you goining for a sealed one or a used one?

It is sealed. ^_^

mawa
11-27-2011, 07:48 PM
It is sealed. ^_^
Then its a good buy in my eyes for 1000 $
On this moment sealed ones selling for about 1500 $ or more

Twisted
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
did u purchase this rare sports game yet?..if so..what did it end up costing you?..i had a chance earlier to buy at $2,000...i *almost* did...kept going back and fourth...and when i was about to bite the bullet..it had already sold for $2,000..but i don't think i would want to do that now..especially with money being really tight this holiday season for me.

SquirrelRaper
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
did u purchase this rare sports game yet?..if so..what did it end up costing you?..i had a chance earlier to buy at $2,000...i *almost* did...kept going back and fourth...and when i was about to bite the bullet..it had already sold for $2,000..but i don't think i would want to do that now..especially with money being really tight this holiday season for me.

Yes, I paid and it should be on it's way soon. ^_^

It ended up costing $1,100. All I know is that it better get here in one piece...lol.

kennyrh
12-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Good, good . . .hope it's securely packaged. Just a thought - i wonder how much it would be valued at if graded :think:

SquirrelRaper
12-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Good, good . . .hope it's securely packaged. Just a thought - i wonder how much it would be valued at if graded :think:
Idk...but I am having it graded haha.

kennyrh
12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
I forgot about this . . .what was the outcome squirrelraper :???:

SquirrelRaper
12-31-2011, 07:17 PM
I forgot about this . . .what was the outcome squirrelraper :???:

Ohh I thought I posted about it. It's in good condition. I haven't got it graded yet.

kennyrh
01-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Great, glad it arrived safely. Would you mind posting some pics . . .would like to see it :drool: