PDA

View Full Version : 2012 CE Wishlist

rapidly-greying
12-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Of the games that are due for release next year(or this year,depending on when you're reading this), what editions are you hoping for. Be as imaginative in your wishing as possible.

I'd like a Last Guardian se that comes in the same form as the ps2 pal games ico and colossus,with a plush and artbook thrown in for good measure.

evilvort3x
12-28-2011, 09:28 PM
For me................... Twisted metal CE with something like Sweet Tooth truck would be so AWESOME!!!

Neilikki
12-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Hm...there is a lot of that..

I would like a collector's edition of Tomb Raider, that would come with a statue or figma of Lara.
If it was a figma, she would have changeable faces and accessories, such as her bow and guns.
Also there would be a big, A4, hardcover artbook with lots and lots of concept arts, interviews and character design and not only for the newest Tom Raider, but also bits of data from the previous games.
And, of course, you can't forget the soundtrack, you need a soundtrack for every new Tomb Raider game!
The whole thing would be packed in something in-game related (like Lara's backpack, or a treasure chest, or at least well designed box)

The second game I'd like to have collector's edition of is FF Versus XIII (or at least I hope it's finally getting released this year)
It would be something similiar to Tomb Raider, the game would come with a posable figma of Noctis with accesories and a big artbook with game and character design, informations, documentary and so on.
The game will probably have limited edition soundtrack anyway, which I'm gonna buy, so that one isn't really necessary, but a selection CD wouldn't hurt I guess.
It could also come with something like Noctis's blade, which would work as a letter opener or a big keychain.
Also, also they could make a short, about 20-40 min OVA that would serve as a prologue to the game (something like AC lineage, but an anime), and it would be packed on a seperate Blue-ray/DVD disc. Alternatively it could be a light novel or a manga (but not the shitty 20pg booklet, like the EP1 of FFXIII-2, but a full 200pg volume).
The best possible outcome would be both ova+manga/LN of course.

The next thing is AC3, but I trust Ubi on this one, they always manage to come up with something decent.
I just hope the main dish is not going to be "an updated encyclopedia", lol.
A figure of Desmond would be nice though (as long as it's going to look more like the ones from AC1 and AC2, not those mass-produced-buy-seperately crappy figures they sell recently).

For Persona Mayonaka Arena I would like...a manga/or artbook and a set of cute nendoroids!
Also, it would come in a box, that would imitate a TV

For Dead or Alive 5...Ayane's flowery message-kunai (you know, those things she always throws to Ryu in Ninja Gaiden) and a figma of Ayane (what? she is my favourite character). Or alternatively a figurine of both Kasumi and Ayane so it's more fair, lol.
And other things, like soundtrack, artbook etc, wouldn't hurt too, of course.

There is a bunch of Japanese games I won't mention, because generally Japanese developers are more creative when it comes to collector's edition, so I'm in most cases happy with them.

Also, about my dreamlike games (meaning they don't exist, as far as I know at least)

I would like a new Fatal Frame, for a home console, with a replica of camera obscura.

And any Umineko related game, that would come with a figma/statue of Bern and/or Lambda.

Basically, I'm a sucker for figmas and big artbooks (I really hate those shitty A5 horizontal ones)

But geez, OP. Now I'm going to dissapoint myself, since no way in hell are developers gonna make my wishes come true, even halfway :(

rapidly-greying
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Some great suggestions there.

I'll add Vita Everybody's Golf with a couple of mini character models thrown in and maybe an artbook of all the courses. I love that game.

Saturn
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I would be happy if we received a japanese-style edition of The Last Story, but that's not gonna happen...

AmericanBash
12-31-2011, 08:49 AM
I would really love to get a epic Halo 4 CE and a Bioshock Infinite one. At least be a metal case and an art book.

Letrico
01-18-2012, 07:31 AM
2012 is a big year man. Long list:

Mass Effect 3 CE
Metal Gear Solid HD CE
Diablo 3 CE
Star Wars Old Republic CE (Waiting for Australia server)
Catherine Stray Sheep Edition
Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition
The Last of Us CE (anticipated)
Borderlands 2 CE (definitely coming out but no art yet)
South Park The Game CE (anticipated)
Assassin's Creed 3 CE (anticipated)

Please bless me with money.

Twisted
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
i would think there would be a strong possibility the last of us may not have a collectors edition, being that before uncharted 2, naughtydog did not make any collectors editions available in the US, and i think the ones in Pal territories was nothing more than steelbooks or digipaks prior to uncharted 3,..so there may not be anything special for the last of us, maybe down the road if there's a sequel.

Letrico
01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
i would think there would be a strong possibility the last of us may not have a collectors edition, being that before uncharted 2, naughtydog did not make any collectors editions available in the US, and i think the ones in Pal territories was nothing more than steelbooks or digipaks prior to uncharted 3,..so there may not be anything special for the last of us, maybe down the road if there's a sequel.

Im in PAL territories anyway =D. But the digipak for UC3 is awesome. I won't mind if they just came out a digipak or steelbook.

Matrix6
01-20-2012, 08:04 AM
As far as I know [with little research only] Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an IP...and look at all the various [extremely limited] extravagant editions it already has!

I think The Last of Us has a good chance of receiving a standard collector's edition as well as a special/limited one almost as big as the Uncharted 3 EE/US CE. I can't see why not? It's not really a gamble for them even though it's a new IP.

Another example is Dead Island...new IP, buggy game with a plethora of collector's edition worldwide!!!

If anything, it may appear like every single game could get a big collector's edition whether we request it or not.

Expect RE6 to have an e-Capcom LE as well like RE5 did. ;)

Letrico
01-20-2012, 08:11 AM
As far as I know [with little research only] Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an IP...and look at all the various [extremely limited] extravagant editions it already has!

I think The Last of Us has a good chance of receiving a standard collector's edition as well as a special/limited one almost as big as the Uncharted 3 EE/US CE. I can't see why not? It's not really a gamble for them even though it's a new IP.

Another example is Dead Island...new IP, buggy game with a plethora of collector's edition worldwide!!!

If anything, it may appear like every single game could get a big collector's edition whether we request it or not.

Expect RE6 to have an e-Capcom LE as well like RE5 did. ;)

yeah =D. 2012 start out awesome and i'm expecting the rest of the year to burn a hole in my pocket. Look at the release date of CEs until march.

scottcross
01-22-2012, 10:48 AM
With the recent announcement of Final Fantasy 10 being given the HD treatment i'm hoping/praying/begging:beg: for a steelbook edition

Letrico
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
With the recent announcement of Final Fantasy 10 being given the HD treatment i'm hoping/praying/begging:beg: for a steelbook edition

!!!! Where did you get the news? Damn doesn't matter Steelbook or not I'm sold.

EDIT:

Nvm found the news XD. Can't believe I missed that when I watched it for Type-0 and FF13-2 announcement.

scottcross
01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Lol I only came across it by accident myself, cant bloody wait now though :)

Letrico
01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah man. It was awesome on ps2 with excellent graphics for that generation. Now final fantasy x is getting hd. Now I wish kingdom hearts will come after.

scottcross
01-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I loved ff10 myself, i find myself going to it all the time,cant wait for blitzball in hd either

Letrico
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I played around 3 times of the game, but my PS2 was broken and it always freeze during cinematic. The only time I finished the game it froze when tidus was disappearing. I was like god dammit took so long to defeat his father.

scottcross
01-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd be gutted, oh well u get a second chance now, and u can watch it in glorious HD

Letrico
01-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah, gonna enjoy listening to the amazing songs as well. Everytime I hear the songs somewhere my mind just starts thinking about Yuna and Tidus.