PDA

View Full Version : HMV Cardboard sleeve exclusives

nodge2k
02-12-2010, 10:23 AM
This is a question mainly for people in the UK, but might apply elsewhere.

HMV seem to have got exclusive cardboard sleeve releases for a lot of games over the last year. Does anyone find it annoying that this is adding a ridiculous amount of LEs that are available that don't have anything else but additional cover art? Would be nice to know if its just me that is getting fed up of how many there are.

twistedsymphony
02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I find it annoying because I have to track all that garbage :lol:

seriously why can't they just pick an CE and release it worldwide hmm?

instead every friggin retailer in europe has to get their own special sause.

enemyzero
04-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I agree its damn annoying. I tend to ignore the HMV specials that are just an outta sleeve if there are better ones on offer. I always find though that I forget to check HMV at times and pay for a normal edt when HMV have a special I could have had instead.

Gemini-Phoenix
04-30-2010, 03:32 AM
It is annoying, especially when HMV don't list the sleeve for many of its items on their website. The only way I knew most of them even existed is from seeing them first hand instore

Likewise, many other retailers don't mention that Borderlands or Batman: Arkham Asylum (GOTY) come with cardboard sleeves...

Suits
05-17-2010, 11:36 AM
GAME also have their own SE's, which are lame.

Also, more so latley, games are coming out in three guises. Standard, Collectors and Limited Editions.

I dont mind it when the Limited Editions contain all the bits of the other Editions, but when they mis up all the contents so you have to choose really gets my goat.

twistedsymphony
05-17-2010, 02:16 PM
That seems to be more of a European thing... I should note that so far there are more European CE releases in the database than there are North American releases... I should also note that to my knowledge the North American listing is complete while there are a dozen or so EU releases that haven't made it into the database yet.