PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of glue

sleepwalker
01-05-2012, 01:26 PM
How to get rid of the glue on the slipcover (or the case) after I have took the sticker off? xp
It's freaking me out xP

thefunk007
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi mate,

I use a product called sticky remover:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=sticky+remover&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=yXo&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=646&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10014428382853851144&sa=X&ei=FqcFT_isAYWD8gOLgqHVAQ&ved=0CHAQ8wIwAQ

It's a natural product so unlike white spirit it wont start removing the actual finish, just use it sparingly.

Hope this helps,
Lea

sleepwalker
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks mate, now i have to find a similar product in my town ^_^

jazzmartini
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Usually i use the slip cover sticker to remove any glue tt is leftover and it work great. Mayb u try other scottape 1st, c if it works?

sleepwalker
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Usually i use the slip cover sticker to remove any glue tt is leftover and it work great. Mayb u try other scottape 1st, c if it works?

I've got an old DMC4 Steelbook that has glue leftovers and I tried almost everything, but there is still some residue, so i hope that sticky stuff remover will help.

goonergaz
01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Sticky stuff remover is god, smells tho...so (as said) use as little as possile. Might also be worth some alcohol based cleaner to gentle wipe away the residue also.
I usually use cotton buds in a slow gentle circular motion for both.

nipperkipper
01-05-2012, 11:14 PM
I find lighter fluid with soft tissues works very well but i suppose if there is an actual sticky glue remover than theres no need for my method

mosavon
01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Use a Baby Wipe...works perfect :beer:

Dreamcazman
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Usually I use the same sticker and dab the sticky area. Majority of the time the sticker pulls all the residual glue off.

Pudge
01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey mate :)

Lighter fluid or Adhesive remover both do the job well. The adhesive remover does smell a bit, usually like an artificial orange smell heh, but the lighter fluid not so much and it evaporates on its own very fast so yeah I'd go with the lighter fluid!

twistedsymphony
01-06-2012, 09:00 PM
in the USA we have this stuff called "Goo Gone" it's a natural product that smells like oranges...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cXVUPP5JfhM/TNW3Xg6zIII/AAAAAAAAADE/u9dU9WJW63w/s1600/goo-gone-2.jpg

I always keep a couple of bottles. I've used it on TONS of CEs and it's never leaves any damage and always gets 100% of the sticky stuff off... it's even strong enough to remove bits of tar from the body of your car.

On used games GameStop loves to put their barcode stickers under the cover plastic (as in right on the paper artwork that makes up the cover, spine and back)... Goo Gone is even delicate enough to use right on the paper, you have to be careful because some of it will absorb but it really does work.

Dreamcazman
01-06-2012, 10:40 PM
in the USA we have this stuff called "Goo Gone" it's a natural product that smells like oranges...
We got a similar product here in Australia, most likely the same stuff.

http://www.orangepower.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/OP_bottle_goo.gif

Ceohai
01-07-2012, 12:37 AM

I always keep a couple of bottles. I've used it on TONS of CEs and it's never leaves any damage and always gets 100% of the sticky stuff off... it's even strong enough to remove bits of tar from the body of your car.

On used games GameStop loves to put their barcode stickers under the cover plastic (as in right on the paper artwork that makes up the cover, spine and back)... Goo Gone is even delicate enough to use right on the paper, you have to be careful because some of it will absorb but it really does work.
+1 for Goo Gone. Though I usually leave stickers on CEs alone, I used it for normal cases. At least one of my local gamestop uses it for used games they get in.