PDA

View Full Version : Signed CE's worth it?

Gameshark
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
What's your opinion on signed/autographed CE's? Are they more valuable than the norm CE. How much more price increase on their worth?

nipperkipper
01-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Really depends on the CE and the person signing it

Will increase value most likely, e.g Kojima with MGS and yes the price increase will be very high

Dreamcazman
01-08-2012, 03:29 AM
A copy of Superman 64 signed by the people of Titus... not so much. :lmao:

Twisted
01-08-2012, 06:05 AM
only if signed by one of the "rockstars" of the gaming world, like MGS, SUPER MARIO, NINJA GAIDEN, BIOSHOCK, those people,...plus without any form of verification, it becomes a challenge.

DemonATX
01-08-2012, 08:18 AM
If I could I'd have Nobuo Uematsu sign my copy of Final Fnatsy VII.... ah pipe dreams

nipperkipper
01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
If I could I'd have Nobuo Uematsu sign my copy of Final Fnatsy VII.... ah pipe dreams

Not as hard as you may think

He was at distant worlds in November 2011 and for VIP ticket holders he held a signing session (one item only)

He will be back apparently in November again this year in London so you could always plan a trip here

The costs of being a collector eh:lmao:

gurpswoo1
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I agree with everyone here that signed items have their limits.

A Game that is sealed and signed is where the serious real value is. Increase can be 5 times depending on game and signature/s

Open CE's that are signed are worth more that the non signed item, especially if the person has legendary status.

It depends on the game and person signing it,

Alot has been talked about with signed items and COA, If you are getting a signed item try to get some sort of proof it is real, a receipt of the game purchase from signing event, or picture /video of the signature being made.

There are a huge amount of fakes on eBay so be careful with that site.

Personally I have about 10 items signed and I love them all. Ok some have not added any financial value but the fact I have the actual Designer, Composer , Artist, etc signature, make a huge difference to me personally. It's also a great talking point with everyone who see them.