PDA

View Full Version : What is your most valuable CE/Game

Gameshark
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Name your most valuable CE or video game you have in your collection.

Mine is either my The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo, 1987) or my The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)

AmericanBash
01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Prob either my Mass Effect Limited Edition or my sealed Halo 3 edition Xbox 360 system

Gameshark
01-09-2012, 03:55 AM
any old school classics?

VGM-UK
01-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Last year the one game pick-up that was totally unexpected and I was really pumped about finding was purchased at a local tabletop sale.

It was held in a barn at a local farm - so I didn’t really go thinking there would be any video game stuff. One table did however have a handful of lose SNES titles, and I remember cringing at the fact they had written the price on each cart using a black marker pen. But then – wow! Also sitting next to the lose carts was a complete and boxed copy of Secret of Evermore.

The lose carts were being sold at 2 GBP each and there was no price on the copy of Evermore. “That would be 4 GBP mate, because it’s boxed” he said, “That’ll be mine then” I replied.

You know – as much as I love the current generation CE’s I purchased last year during my return to video game collecting, this game I personally value most.

I have a feeling my love of retro gaming is too strong to push aside even though I had thought I had put it behind me a few years ago. :thumb:

narg
01-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I finaly got brand new, undamaged Bioshock 1 CE, probably hardest to get for me (about 3years to get), but most valuable for me is Witcher 1 CE, my first CE, with which it all began :D (to today I have about 40 PC CE´s :D and lots of money in it)

mawa
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
my most valuable games will be my virtual boy games that i own
Like : Virtual bowling / SD Gundam / Virtual Lab / Space invaders / Jack bros USA version they are all boxed and in mint condition or brand new :)
And off course my Biohazard 5th Anniversary case in mint condition and whit the originaal shipping box

i have allot more valuable games or systeems ( like a sega new astro city cab / Nintendo Virtual boy Counter Version store display usa / nintendo Japan exclusive Store Displays ) and allot more that is valuable but this items are close to me beacouse i love tho play and collect on that systeems

KASTANO
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I like the old games school. But I had oppurtunity to start a collection of retro games.

What if I had a chance to get the series was Shenmue. For me the best game ever.

These are the ones I have and all sealed:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2807/dscf4260i.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/249/dscf4262.jpg

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4318/dscf4356n.jpg

Twisted
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
those dreamcast titles are true gems..they also appear to be just about perfect..thanks for sharing those pics. :)

twistedsymphony
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Some of my most valuable:
Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition (Xbox 360 NTSC)
Fallout 3 Survival Edition (Xbox 360 NTSC)
Rez (Kanzentousui Set) (PS2 NTSC-J)
Mass Effect Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360 NTSC)
Bayonetta (Australian Climax Edition) (Xbox 360 PAL)
Tales of Vesperia Special Edition (SteelBook) (Xbox 360 NTSC)

Hans v Hube
01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
For me it's the The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, Collector's Edition

Near new with the Ordinator figurine, Soundtrack + the art of Morrowind.
Nice gate fold inside.

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/3792/dscn0003o.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5017/imgp3896y.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9981/imgp3897a.jpg
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5276/dscn0006v.jpg

Sorry for some of the pics they do not give the game true justice, the camera is dying
Also the big ones are with a new camera but need to get use to it

Gameshark
01-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Hans, I was looking at your Diablo collection. It seems your missing the Diablo 2 Collectors edition. I have one for sale if interested (SEALED/mint cond/about to be VGA graded soon) :)

Hans v Hube
01-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Hans, I was looking at your Diablo collection. It seems your missing the Diablo 2 Collectors edition. I have one for sale if interested (SEALED/mint cond/about to be VGA graded soon) :)

Many thanks i do have it but complete but it is missing one of the game disks which i will find via Amazon, Ebay or our local trade in shop.

Many thanks though & if there is anything i fancy from the USA may i contact you?

mb7241
01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
The most valuable games in my collection are a VGA 80 Dragon Warrior IV (US NES; it would probably sell for around $2500-$3000) and a factory-sealed Magna Carta 2 LE (Korean Xbox 360; once graded, I wouldn't sell it if someone PM'd me a $5000 offer). I do have rarer items, however...a stack of about 50-60 betas/prototypes/review copies for various games, a factory-sealed Tales of Eternia Online (Japanese PC), and a couple other oddities...

Gameshark
01-11-2012, 10:53 AM
The most valuable games in my collection are a VGA 80 Dragon Warrior IV (US NES; it would probably sell for around $2500-$3000) and a factory-sealed Magna Carta 2 LE (Korean Xbox 360; once graded, I wouldn't sell it if someone PM'd me a $5000 offer). I do have rarer items, however...a stack of about 50-60 betas/prototypes/review copies for various games, a factory-sealed Tales of Eternia Online (Japanese PC), and a couple other oddities...

I'm a fan of the Dragon Warrior franchise. It's just hard to believe it out values my Legend of Zelda NES (1987 first edition print) which has a market value of about $2000 if VGA 8.5 graded. Zelda should be the "holy grail" :banghead:

Many thanks i do have it but complete but it is missing one of the game disks which i will find via Amazon, Ebay or our local trade in shop.

Many thanks though & if there is anything i fancy from the USA may i contact you?

I'll be glad to help you. But I recently moved to an APO location.

Yep, D2 CE(sealed) is a hidden treasure. It recently sold with no photos of the physical box(on the sellers photo image) and ungraded for $421 on Ebay. I estimate a graded and sealed game would sell $1000+.

mb7241
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm a fan of the Dragon Warrior franchise. It's just hard to believe it out values my Legend of Zelda NES (1987 first edition print) which has a market value of about $2000 if VGA 8.5 graded. Zelda should be the "holy grail" :banghead:

Theoretically, perhaps it should be a "grail" of sorts...heck, I would be very much proud to own one if I had it :) . But the $2000 price tag on a VGA-graded gold Zelda would likely be associated with a 90+ or better copy, not an 85 (I've seen 85s sell for more like $500-$750). Dragon Warrior IV is *much* rarer sealed and (while not as many in number, at least among Americans) about an equally-devoted fanbase. And this may sound even harder to believe...DW II is the rarest of the four NES DW games in terms of factory-sealed (although a fair bit more common than III and much more common than IV in terms of loose and/or CIB copies), but it doesn't go for any more than about $1000 or so.