PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition @ Ebay

Gameshark
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Ridiculous prices on Ebay. GBP 184.99 for the game. I feel pity to those who didn't get a chance to pre order the game.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Crystal-Edition-PS3-/250967755769?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a6ed80bf9

History: 7 sold

People are buying :(

goonergaz
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
unfortunately (for me) this will likely be the same as Uncharted 3 EE where I managed to bag one but couldn't justify keeping it at the inflated prices...the good news for me was that (eventually) I managed to snag a 2nd hand U3 EE on the cheap but I can see the temptation to sell being too high esp with the MGS HD this week :(

joynulk
01-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah the price is steep now but will get reduced after a few weeks or months. Those thatr dont mind an open one and didnt get the chance to get one should buy it then. I am keeping mine sealed and will purchase a second copy after a month to play with.

Gameshark
01-31-2012, 09:59 PM
I predict its going increase unless they release more copies.

Saturn
01-31-2012, 10:35 PM
STUPID HMV cancels my order done months ago because they don't have enough copies....

Thankfully I still have a chance to get this HOPEFULLY.

The Darth
02-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't touch these scalpers. The only way to stop people charging prices like this is not to buy from them in the first place. I suppose if you live in a different country to where the item is released you don't have much choice if the retailer won't post overseas but these people are just robbing bastards.

There are still CE's that I missed out on in the past and I could get them but I refuse to pay the prices these scalpers are asking. When the Sonic Generations CE came out I had never seen them up for pre-order on any website until after they had gone. Then I look on Ebay and see them for double the price in most cases, with people selling 10 copies or more. In the end I was lucky to get one from Grainger Games. Shops need to start selling one per customer when something is quite truly limited but I guess that will never happen as long as they are getting paid.

evilvort3x
02-02-2012, 01:40 AM
end of the day.. if one person doesnt do it another will... just the way it goes...

Twisted
02-02-2012, 09:01 PM
i'm sure there's gonna be another batch sent out in the upcoming weeks, i mean we went through the same ordeal with the "Black Animus Edition" for ACR, and SONIC GENERATIONS COLLECTORS being limited to 12,000.it's still available on amazon.de, same goes for METAL GEAR SOLID HD JAPAN COLLECTORS edition..so expect the hype to die down in the next 2 weeks, and more being made available soon.

vhal_x
02-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Twisted, the Sonic Generations is still limited to 12,000 - you can't just add on more when it's specifically limited to a number (and has on the items ____/12,000) it's obviously just not as popular as originally thought xx

Gameshark
02-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Sonic is one of the best game franchises out there. Just poor advertising led to this. Sonic CE is a flop imo, but then again 10 years from now it may be worth more than gold :)

gurpswoo1
02-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Sonic is one of the best game franchises out there. Just poor advertising led to this. Sonic CE is a flop imo, but then again 10 years from now it may be worth more than gold :)

Am I reading this right, you think Sonic Generations CE is a Flop. I consider it one of the best CE of 2011. Or are you referring to the game itself?

Saturn
02-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Sonic Generations CE has to be the best collector's edition released last year, and one of my favorites. Even the game is the best 3D sonic I've played so far. Why do you consider it a flop?

Twisted
02-03-2012, 11:01 PM
i believe it means that there were only 12,000 released some months ago..and some retailers still have it available for sale..there not "selling out",..even though just 12,000 worldwide.

Gameshark
02-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I apologize if you misunderstood me. Sonic Generations CE is a beautiful looking set and has great game play & replay value. My theory is either the publisher is lying about the statement of "only 12,000 released" or the game was poorly advertised to the gaming community. I don't trust gaming publishers these days they are just after to make as money as they can even if it involves making more copies then intended.

gurpswoo1
02-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Ah I see, well here in the UK, the BBFC version is soldout, there are a few from certain countries that still have them.

I didn't see the game advertise much and the CE was never advertised well because there was nothing here in the UK, infact we didnt even know which retailer was going to sell it.