PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim: 1st and 2nd editions?

J Rokk
02-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, sorry if this has been talked about before somewhere. If so the staff can bin this thread as they see fit.

I had someone tell me the other day that there is two editions of Skyrim floating around.

The first edition, supposedly, is the one that does not have anything on the front game cover except as it came from the manufacturer.

The second edition, is from what I have been told, is the version with the front cover of the game with the little G4TV stamp on it which reads "4 out of 5 stars", or "Game of the year". I can't recall which.

There is indeed this new stamp on the newer copies being sold, and it's not part of the sealing factory wrap which comes off after yo open it, it is indeed on the front cover insert itself.

Anyone else notice this, and if so would this indeed be a second and first printing of the game?

I have two sealed copies I plan on keeping, one for PS3 and one for the 360 which do not have the G4TV stamp. :D

Thoughts?

Also sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread as this is only the second one I have made since joining the site.

Ceohai
02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
There are definitely at least two versions of the regular edition. The first batch has the premium map, the other just has a normal map. Haven't noticed anything regarding the rating being on the cover.

evilvort3x
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
i got the 2nd edition with white stating second edition.. its staying sealed though

J Rokk
02-11-2012, 12:32 AM
i got the 2nd edition with white stating second edition.. its staying sealed though

Where does yours say 2nd edition at on it my friend?

I did not know about the map tbh.

nipperkipper
02-11-2012, 08:02 AM

Are you referring to the game guide (collectors)?

Where does yours say 2nd edition at on it my friend?

I did not know about the map tbh.

I think he may be referring to the game guide and not the game itself

I have heard there are two editions of the game but dont have a source atm to back this up

evilvort3x
02-11-2012, 09:49 AM
sorry im on about the guide?

J Rokk
02-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm actually talking about the game itself.

I know there are two versions of the guide, but was told there was a second printing of the Skyrim game itself.

Venner
02-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I bought mine the day it came out and got the Map with it and No stamp on the front like you talk about.

J Rokk
02-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Here is the one I have, the front cover -

http://suvudu.com/files/2012/01/skyrim-cover.jpg

Now, imagine this same cover with s stamp in the lower right corner (of the actual game insert, and not on the outer factory wrapping) that reads "G4TV: Game of the Year", "G4TV: 4 out of 5 stars award", or something similar.

Now would this be consider a second printing of the game? Something as simple as this, I mean it's not like a comic book that uses a variant cover etc etc.

Venner
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Mines the same as that but with a 15 logo and not the rp one.

twistedsymphony
02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
most games have slight variations like this between printing... they almost always have the same exact UPC and nothing that easily distinguishes between versions.