PDA

View Full Version : Would this game be worth getting graded? Opinons wanted please

J Rokk
02-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Hey guys! I hope all are doing ok. I have a short story and a quick question.

A while back, my nephew, a fellow video game junkie who collected everything under the sun related to games unfortunately had his trailer repossessed.

He was not too worried about losing most of his loot, don't ask me why, but me and my wife along with his wife went the night before the movers came to get the trailer and packed what we could up and it was all left at my house boxed up.

Anyways, the other day I was looking through some of it and came upon a sealed copy of this classic (rare?) Gamecube game -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-Zelda-Ocarina-Time-Master-Quest-Bonus-Disc-Edition-/360435028233?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item53eb9a1109

That's not my listing by the way. It is in great shape, the wrapping has no tears in it but it does have some slight scuff marks on the shrink wrap on the back of the case but all in all it is in great top shape.

Now my questions is, would this be worth getting graded in your opinions? I have no plans on selling it but rather am planning on trying to save it and keep it minty mint to give to my daughter so one day she may get some well needed extra cash or she herself to collect and preserve it to pass down to my grandson/daughter.

I have never got a game graded before, so I don't know how much it would cost or how much of a hassle it would be to do so.

Please discuss and help give a fellow collector some ideas on what he should do. As of now this is the highlight of my collection, after seeing what sealed copies go for on eBay and considering I don't have many sealed older games at all.

Thanks guys/gals. :)

evilvort3x
02-17-2012, 08:45 AM
grading is not that expensive considering your in USA but if im correct.. scuff marks knock down any good grade you may recieve. others have more knowledge about this than i do.. matbe they can help!

Gameshark
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Its worth the grading, its a zelda item. Zelda fans will buy anything, especially legendary items :)

gurpswoo1
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
It really depends on the GAME you are getting graded. The biggest problem is weighting the expectation of value on the chance that there will be more copies out there with higher grades.

Unless the game was ultra rare I wouldn't bother grading unless you are certain it was going to get a 85+ or more. However considering the cost of grading in the USA is much lower I would have less reservations on doing it.

Rips to the seal will have more impact on the grade than surface marks. Prices for grading can be found here: http://www.vggrader.com/submission_packagedpricing.aspx

For a game like this and the fact you are in USA, I would say that you can't really go wrong with grading it. However don't expect a huge increase in value ( if any) for quite some time. What you will have is a game that will have a grade fixed and be fully protected. So peace of mind.