PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Steelbook out now

Lemur
03-03-2012, 04:46 AM
I found several posts on other forums that best buy is giving these out now for like $5. An example below:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316655

Matrix6
03-03-2012, 05:01 AM
How was that even possible??:scratch:

Lemur
03-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Hmm seems like this will be available in US/Canada from 5 March. I think gamestop and futureshop also have this. Looks like best buy opened their orders early. It's actually a $5 deposit for preordering the game and you get the steelbook. So yeah the steelbook costs $5. :ghey:

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Looks like I will be going to Best Buy tomorrow.

If I pre-order the game, and pay $5 for the steelbook then a month later cancel my pre-order I get to keep the steel right?

If so I will have a lot to sell in the next day or so...... :D

evilvort3x
03-03-2012, 09:01 AM
hey j rokk any chance you can get me 2-3 ofthese please?

Sazzle15
03-03-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd be interested in one please:banana:

Cosmic_Link
03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
If somebody's group buying I too would like one, if possible! :D

Thanks! ^^

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm going to try my best to get two or three tomorrow, maybe more.

I will see what I can do my friends. :)

Cosmic_Link
03-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks! ^^ Look forward to hearing your results! :D

vhal_x
03-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I'd be VERY interested in one! xx

driv3r
03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
J Rokk, two or three ain't gonna cut it, you gotta get 20 or 30!! :P
Just kidding, but try your best to get as many as possible (and sign me up for a copy as well!).

themidlandmaster
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Me 2 please

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 12:25 PM
If my plan goes as I am hoping, I am going to pre-order 4 or 5 games. Pay for the steelbooks and wait a few weeks and cancel the pre-orders.

I am thinking they won't ask for the steelbooks back, but rather the $5 I paid for the steelbook(s).

If that is the case, I will need at least about $15 to $16 dollars from anyone who wants one. That way it will cover the initial cost ($5), the return fee for cancelling the pre-order ($5) and shipping costs to you guys (about $5 to $6, maybe a bit more).

How does that sound?

Does anyone have any other good ides of getting just the steelbooks without actually having to pay for the game?

If worse comes to worse, I will take orders for people who want to pre-order the game and also get the steelbook. If that is the case I will need the money for the game + the $5 for the steelbook up front. Then when I have all the steelbooks ready to go I will ship them and then when I get the games when they are released I will mail them to whoever bought one as well.

I am willing to help all of you guys to the best that I can, and if anyone has any idea for me in getting the steelbooks please feel free to share. :)

I had thought about asking the clerk on shift at the time if he would just sell me the steelbooks for about $10 to $15 a piece if i buy about 10 to 20 of them hehehe.

Cosmic_Link
03-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't know how preorders work in states, but in the UK if you put a deposit down on a preorder, you don't have to buy the game when it comes out, so you're effectively just buying the steelbook from them! Just make sure you pay with cash then there's nothing they can do! Then you're effectively just buying them for $5 each. Just an idea! :-D you'll just lose the deposit...

Anyway, put me down for one, please? ^^

themidlandmaster
03-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Could you put the deposit down and just necer pick up the game?

Only 5 bucks then?

Great to hear your willing to help us out :)

Maybe some other US members will also oblige?

vhal_x
03-03-2012, 12:37 PM
As CosmicLink said, they can't do anything if you just don't turn up to collect the preorder, they just keep the $5 and sell the game to somebody else, they don't care :)

I'm very interested so if you need me to forward $5 over to you, let me know! :D xx

nipperkipper
03-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I would also be interested in one please - i have steelbooks to trade or will pay

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Ok guy, I am going to be going to the local Best Buy in about 7 or 8 hours from now.

I will do my best to get as many steelbooks as I am able to, depending on how many pre-orders they let me place. I can do the max and then let my wife do the max as well.

I will see what I can do and post the results later on today in this thread, so take a peek back here later on today. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I have enough cash to get about 30 or 40 if they will let me, depending on how much I have to put down on the game itself, in that case I may only be able to get about 20 today until Monday.

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Sorry to double post -

I should be able to cover all who want one, if all i have to do is put $5 down and get the steelbook.

Then all I will need is you guys to PayPal me the shipping costs to mail them to you. :)

I don't mind. As someone said, I would like to trade if anyone is willing. That way we could both add to our collections. I mainly like G1's tbh.

Lemur
03-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Can you put me down for 1 please. :bday:

vhal_x
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Once you return, let me know if you have one available for me and I'll paypal the $5 over to you :) xx

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 12:51 PM
If I can pull this off then you guys owe me lol. :D

Jut kidding (or am I? muawahahaha!)

Sazzle15
03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Once you return, let me know if you have one available for me and I'll paypal the $5 over to you :) xx

Ditto what vhal_x said I'll send over funds ASAP. Your a star 🎆

Cosmic_Link
03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah just drop me a PM when you get back! ^^

Appreciate it! ^^

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Anyone know if there is a limit on the number of pre-orders a person can out down?

vhal_x
03-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Doubt there will be, I'd just say you're preordering for a bunch of friends to save them from all making the trip too :) xx

Lemur
03-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I foresee a lot of excess games in the shops on release date. :lmao:

rapidly-greying
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm possibly a bit too late to the party,but if there is one going spare i'd take one off your hands.

Whether I get one or not its still an extremely nice gesture of you.

vhal_x
03-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Did you have any luck J Rokk ? xx

Johnny
03-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I want one! Anyone able to get it for me? Please :(?

mosavon
03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I think ill message my friend about this :)

J Rokk
03-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, I'm sorry I have not been able to go just yet.

I feel asleep on my wrist & hand the wrong way and now I think I pulled a ligament or something, as it hurts very badly.

I am still going to go but it's taking me some time as I am in a lot of pain. :(

gu8
03-03-2012, 10:53 PM
oh right, the old pulled a ligament trick eh, love it

now get ya ass down to bestbuy soppy bollox and get some steels lol

:ghey:

put me down for 29 mate, im good for the money, next year

scottcross
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
I'll take one if you get hold of them, fingers crossed now

oscarlucy
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
FYI, the 3 Best Buy stores within 25 miles of where I love all said that the pre-orders and promotion does not start until Monday, March 5.

The person at CAG probably just ran into a store where they were accidentally released/stocked early.

The thing is, each of the 3 Best Buys that are close to me also has a Gamestop in the same plaza, and Gamestop is ALSO giving this away as a pre-order bonus...i am taking Monday off already to play Mass Effect 3 early using a VPN to bypass the release date, so it looks like i'll be taking a break in between gaming sessions to stop at Best Buy and Gamestop to see how many of these I can get!

And yes, it goes without saying...if i can pick up multiple copies, I will do so and charge people accordingly based on how much it costs, etc...we can work it out on Monday. :beer:

vhal_x
03-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Awesome :) I'd maybe be interested in 2 or 3 if possible (for friends) but definitely one copy (from either of you) for myself :D xx

SquirrelRaper
03-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Yes, not out yet. -_-

Im willing to pick some up for people to trade for other steelbooks.The way Best Buy does it usually...is when there is a preorder bonus item, they ring the pre-order item up with the order. Im not sure about it this time since you get the steelbook before hand.
I can return a limited amount of the games without receipts to Wal-Mart though under my name.

Johnny
03-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Well i don't have anything for trade, but i really want one to start my AC collection for real >:.

Kegs11
03-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, if someone can help me out getting 3 of these, it would be much appreciated. Can send paypal asap.

On another note, I really didnt expect the cover artwork to make it as a steel. Really like the look of it and was considering importing the gameinformer matching cover, but Im over the moon at a steelbook variant instead :yahoo:

edit-According to the cheapassgamer forums, these come sealed as well. Even better!

Vikingo82
03-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Somebody can help me for buying some of this steel?

Thanks

Lightning00
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Hmm wow $5 only? I might pick one up then though I don't know how the whole return thing is going work out though since I hate cancelling pre-order x_x

vhal_x
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Pay the $5 in cash lightning, and don't do it on a reward card, then just don't collect and pay for the preorder on release day - they'll just sell the game to someone else :) xx

Lightning00
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Pay the $5 in cash lightning, and don't do it on a reward card, then just don't collect and pay for the preorder on release day - they'll just sell the game to someone else :) xx

Ok guess I can do that. I'll check whenever I go to bestbuy to see if this is in stock or I can ask my brother's friend who work in bestbuy to see if it's in stock

Though I thought AC 3 won't be release into later this year yet I'm wondering why the steelbook is coming out this early

gu8
03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
incase anyone forgets what assassins creed is, not likely though as they seem to bring out game after game after game very quickly

Twisted
03-04-2012, 10:22 PM
media outlets say the steelbook give away for the preorder at Best Buy officially will be MARCH 10....is it true?..or are they coming out this week?

J Rokk
03-04-2012, 11:03 PM
I called our local Best Buy & the associate told me he did not know about any steelboks for pre-ordering AC 3.

He even checked the pre-order kiosk and also he said there PC is not showing what the pre-order bonus is just yet.

:(

SquirrelRaper
03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I called our local Best Buy & the associate told me he did not know about any steelboks for pre-ordering AC 3.

He even checked the pre-order kiosk and also he said there PC is not showing what the pre-order bonus is just yet.

:(

Thats what they told me too. Even if it was in the computer they would probably still be clueless. When I picked up my PS Vita 1st edition bundle we argued with about 5 employees to pick ours up for like 30mins. They kept saying it doesnt come out for another week. -_- Ugh...

I talked to Gamestop and on their end of their computer they saw that there was a big announcement for the AC3 on March 5th, but no details on what it was..guessing it's the steelbook.

J Rokk
03-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Thats what they told me too. Even if it was in the computer they would probably still be clueless. When I picked up my PS Vita 1st edition bundle we argued with about 5 employees to pick ours up for like 30mins. They kept saying it doesnt come out for another week. -_- Ugh...

I talked to Gamestop and on their end of their computer they saw that there was a big announcement for the AC3 on March 5th, but no details on what it was..guessing it's the steelbook.

Yeah he told me that Wal-Mart or Gamestop might have a pre-order like that, but he was clueless as to what Best Buy's or anyone else's was going to be.

If you want though me and you will help our Foreign friends out, I will get half of the needed amount if you can get the other. If not I can try to get the full bulk if I am able to put in that many pre's.

My hand is feeling better so by the 5th I should be able to go about business as usual.

Oh by the way, I did see a listing for the AC 3 steelbook on eBay earlier. I did not look at it but it was bids for 6 days or a buy it now prices of $45 + shipping. Pretty damn greedy for a $5 steelbook if you ask me. :protest:

Guess we will all find out tomorrow it would seem.

SquirrelRaper
03-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Yeah he told me that Wal-Mart or Gamestop might have a pre-order like that, but he was clueless as to what Best Buy's or anyone else's was going to be.

If you want though me and you will help our Foreign friends out, I will get half of the needed amount if you can get the other. If not I can try to get the full bulk if I am able to put in that many pre's.

My hand is feeling better so by the 5th I should be able to go about business as usual.

Oh by the way, I did see a listing for the AC 3 steelbook on eBay earlier. I did not look at it but it was bids for 6 days or a buy it now prices of $45 + shipping. Pretty damn greedy for a $5 steelbook if you ask me. :protest:

Guess we will all find out tomorrow it would seem.

Well, I hope theres a way I can just buy the steelbook without having to return/cancel the pre-order. I def cant do that to Gamestop, they know us too well, lol. Unless I return them to Wal-Mart and I think I can get a max of 3 returns without receipts to Walmart per 6mths. :)

yeah, the guy at Best Buy also said it was just a Futureshop exclusive and went onto explain what Futureshop was...(he googled it all LOL) I was like uhh no, you're def getting it here at Best Buy too XD He kinda was just like uhh ok, youre crazy >_<

J Rokk
03-05-2012, 01:48 AM
I think it is going to be a Gamestop pre-order excursive from what all I have read on the internet.

If so how many pre-orders does Gamestop allow per person? I myself can do the limit and I have a couple of friends who could help me by using there address as well to place some.

Someone let me know so I know how many friends to get ready to help.

I might go in Gamestop and offer the people who work there $6 for then a piece under the table for as many as they will sell me muwahahaha. I bet I can sell the ones I don't pass out on here for about $25 a piece on eBay or more. :d

Vikingo82
03-05-2012, 01:51 AM
In some places in Spain is just the same...they ask for some money (like 5€...) So they give me the preorder...

When the game comes out they call me, and all I say is, ok I will go to get the game as sson as I can...no prob about that...

They don't worry anymore about that...they have my 5 euros, and I have my bonus preorder...

Everyones happy... :2cool: they don't ask me to return anything...

So if this have happened here, I would have right know a little quite amount of this steels...

Hope someones helps me with that 5$ preorder steelbook...

Please!!! :notworthy:

Regards from Spain!!!

SquirrelRaper
03-05-2012, 01:57 AM
I think it is going to be a Gamestop pre-order excursive from what all I have read on the internet.

If so how many pre-orders does Gamestop allow per person? I myself can do the limit and I have a couple of friends who could help me by using there address as well to place some.

Someone let me know so I know how many friends to get ready to help.

I might go in Gamestop and offer the people who work there $6 for then a piece under the table for as many as they will sell me muwahahaha. I bet I can sell the ones I don't pass out on here for about $25 a piece on eBay or more. :d

I dont think it's exclusive to gamestop. Some guy on cheapassgamer.com posted about picking one up from Best Buy and took a picture of his copy. Im guessing Best Buy screwed up and put it out early.

J Rokk
03-05-2012, 03:02 AM
I dont think it's exclusive to gamestop. Some guy on cheapassgamer.com posted about picking one up from Best Buy and took a picture of his copy. Im guessing Best Buy screwed up and put it out early.

Ahhhh, you are right. I totally forgot about that post. :D

gokilz
03-05-2012, 04:57 AM
i'd like to get one copy please! :D

Twisted
03-05-2012, 06:20 AM
i looked at the new ad flier for this week for Best Buy...ZERO MENTION OF ASSASSINS CREED 3 OR STEELBOOK OFFER FOR THAT MATTER!!!!..this is the weekly ad magazine.

oscarlucy
03-05-2012, 06:25 AM
i looked at the new ad flier for this week for Best Buy...ZERO MENTION OF ASSASSINS CREED 3 OR STEELBOOK OFFER FOR THAT MATTER!!!!..this is the weekly ad magazine.

Doesn't matter.

I already mentioned that the sales guy at one of my local Best Buys said that these have a release date of March 5.

If you still need further proof, here is their SKU checker. Enter in your zip code - the SKU of the ACIII Steelbook has already been entered.

Every Best Buy within 50 miles of me has this as "Available Now" with a release date of 3/5/2012, and status indicating, "Not For Individual Sale." I think people can relax a bit - if pretty much all Best Buy locations are getting this as well as Gamestop AND FutureShop...there will be PLENTY to go around. Now, 2-4 weeks from now...that might be a different story. But for now, let's just all chillax...Gamestop is purportedly releasing the same Steelbook as pictured by someone else at HiDefNinja forums, also on the 5th....i'll find out for sure when I hit both stores tomorrow.

Store Checker (http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1312731-10597222?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2 Folstemplatemapper.jsp%3Fid%3Dpcat17006%26type%3Dp age%26sourceId%3D1218307912443%26sourceType%3Dprod uct%26skuId%3D4860513%26productId%3D1218307912443% 26itemId%3D1562050%26contract_desc%3D2%2BYEARS%2BN EW%26pageMode%3Dsearchmode)

c1ph3r
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Trailer for AC3: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/index.aspx

If anyone has an extra steelbook, I'd really like one too...

Noodles
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Amazon.com just Tweeted the following...

Initial Assassin's Creed III pre-orders will get a SteelBook case with art by Alex Ross! Don't wait - pre-order now.

SOURCE (https://twitter.com/#!/amazongames/status/176727573299077121)

SquirrelRaper
03-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Best Buy has it up on their website now.

Twisted
03-05-2012, 07:28 PM
why is amazon calling it "amazon exclusive"?

sleepwalker
03-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I guess Amazon.de is going to be selling them separate from the game as well in the near future, seeing as how they were selling FFXIII-2 and Darkness 2 recently;

oscarlucy
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Quick update;

I managed to make it to 2 GameStops and 2 Best Buys today.

Both GameStops did not have the Steelbook available at all...but both Best Buys did.

The first Best Buy I went to, I tried walking up to a register with 12 Steelbooks, but they limited me to 5 - they said that while technically, "it's your money," they had to limit people to prevent people (like me lol) from hoarding them all. Makes sense, as they only had about 18 on the display.

The second Best Buy limited me to 2...so i only got 7 total.

Also, ALL the Steelbooks from both Best Buys (I checked them all) had a small indentation on the side opposite of the title spine toward the top - i am willing to bet that it's due to the saran-wrapping mechanism they're using, since they're all pretty much in the same spot. See picture #2 below.

Besides that though, this steelie comes with a little piece of paper that says "pre-order only" and it's also in scratch-free condition with BEAUTIFUL artwork by Alex Ross on the inside and outside. The weapons, belt buckle, etc...anything with silver elements all have a shiny "bling" effect, a la The Darkness II Steelbook. Again, they also all come sealed pretty tightly with plastic/saran wrapping.

http://i.imgur.com/A290h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sDjn3.jpg

Not going to try to divy up who is going to get one now - i need to eat, get more sleep and play some ME3 first and then i'll figure that stuff out. :barsong:

Cosmic_Link
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Ooooo, nice to know somebody managed to get some. :D Let us know how much you want for em. :D I'll want 2 if possible! :D

Thanks! ^o^

evilvort3x
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
ILL take 2 if possible dependant on price non dented ones if you have any please... :D

Vikingo82
03-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Somebody with best buy shops near helpppp pleaseee.... :beg:

Cosmic_Link
03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Waiting on J Rokk's results on getting some of these also! :D

scottcross
03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I'd be willing to pay 15 dollars plus shipping to ne body who can pick me up one of these, I NEED one now :)

J Rokk
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm about to go to Best Buy in the next few hours, and I just got off the phone with a customer ervice rep and he said they "have the collector's tin's" lol in.

I asked if there was a limit that one person can get. He said no. :D :D

So I am going to try and get 20 and get my wife to get 20 as well, if they have that many left. I also have another Best Buy but it's about a 45 minute drive from my house so I don't know if I will make both trips or not.

Thinking of helping you guys, then with the leftovers putting a buy it now price of $20 on eBay as most are selling between $40 to $100 even. Damn gougers.

Will post pics and results within the next 5 or 6 hours so be ready. If nothing goes wrong. *crosses fingers*

Cosmic_Link
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm about to go to Best Buy in the next few hours, and I just got off the phone with a customer ervice rep and he said they "have the collector's tin's" lol in.

I asked if there was a limit that one person can get. He said no. :D :D

So I am going to try and get 20 and get my wife to get 20 as well, if they have that many left. I also have another Best Buy but it's about a 45 minute drive from my house so I don't know if I will make both trips or not.

Thinking of helping you guys, then with the leftovers putting a buy it now price of $20 on eBay as most are selling between $40 to $100 even. Damn gougers.

Will post pics and results within the next 5 or 6 hours so be ready. If nothing goes wrong. *crosses fingers*

Awesome! ^o^ I look forward to your return! :clap:

I'll be in bed by the time you get back, but would appreciate it if you can reserve 3 for me? :D

Thanks! ^o^

Dreamcazman
03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Put me down for two as well if you can spare them (sealed & dent free), pretty please. :beg:

Ayiu
03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I would love to have one aswell if someone has a spare copy:beg:

Vikingo82
03-05-2012, 10:16 PM
3 for me if its possible... :beer:

Sazzle15
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi as per page 1 can you possibly get me 1 copy

evilvort3x
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
J rokk if u can ill take 3 if thats possible? please let me know :)

V3nom
03-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Picked up 2 steelies for meee! This should be done for every major game release in the U.S. :drool:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z442/v3nom03/IMG_20120305_135247.jpg

Mike1888
03-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Looking for just 1 as well.

SquirrelRaper
03-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I'll be going at Midnight bc gamestop's midnight release for ME3, though Im just going for all the New PS Vita games and Street Fighter Vs Tekken CE. Doubt ME3 CE will be in short supply. Lets hope I can sneak out of there with lots of AC3 steelbooks without everyone else wanting one. Meh..knowing my Gamestop, there will only be like 7 people there haha.

Vikingo82
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I would have take all the stand sincerely...

If I have seen some stands like this, all of us would have their steelbook...

Can't believe I won't have my steelbook for 5$ seeing the status of the stands in the shop...

:-(

evilvort3x
03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
lol @ taken the stand... you make me laugh mate ... come on the chat!

Ceohai
03-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Just to make life more interesting: Canada has a slightly different version of the pre-order information card on the back. They are either labelled as PS3/360, with the typical PS3/360 bars at the top.

Johnny
03-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Im still wanting two, one for me and another for saturn who is also registered here. (Shipping will be cheaper this way i guess).

Looking forward to someone getting their hands on some :D.

davidw
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd really really like one as well if anyone is feeling kind enough to help a UK collector out - this is even my first post here - hi everyone!

I can pay straight away if you want - just PM me and we can sort it out :)

Raasclark
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
A bit late to jump on the bandwagon. But if you could possibly get 3 for me, or even just 1, I'd be entirely grateful. PM me and I'll pay you the dough ; )

Oh and hi David, welcome to the forums! You should post in the welcome to thread and introduce yourself properly mate ; )

davidw
03-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi Raasclark nice to meet you too - good to see a fellow UK collector :)

rapidly-greying
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM
There are loads of us from the uk on here. Party on davy boy

whtsnk58
03-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Well I've got an extra one right now, and I should be able to get a second one (depends on when the free employee ones come in). I'm also looking into seeing if Best Buy has them available, and if they are I plan on buying a bunch of them with a friend to more than likely help export for those who might need one.

davidw
03-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Well I've got an extra one right now, and I should be able to get a second one (depends on when the free employee ones come in). I'm also looking into seeing if Best Buy has them available, and if they are I plan on buying a bunch of them with a friend to more than likely help export for those who might need one.

Sounds brilliant - has anyone claimed that extra one yet? ;)

whtsnk58
03-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Sounds brilliant - has anyone claimed that extra one yet? ;)

Not yet, but if Best Buy has them available, I plan to set up a thread in the group export section on the forums here. I would have loved to get more than just the two, but seeing that I'm an employee at the store, I'm only allowed a max of two reservations of the same title at any give time.

davidw
03-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Can I claim it then ;) would you be willing to send to the UK?

vhal_x
03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Dammit, I asked pages ago for a copy!? I take it nobody got me one :( xx

Kegs11
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Indeed, all these people rushing out to buy 20 copies seem to have gotten lost on the way back.....

Heres a non-too bad price on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-ASSASSINS-CREED-3-EXCLUSIVE-STEELBOOK-CASE-NO-GAME-INCLUDED-/280839574167?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item416357d297

At around £13, they arent too bad, as the guy is offering free international postage.

Probably get it quicker from him than waiting on a group buy....

Cosmic_Link
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Dammit, I asked pages ago for a copy!? I take it nobody got me one :( xx

lol Yeah, same here... Still waiting for J Rokk to come back with some results! ^o^ Hopefully soon! :D

vhal_x
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Yep, all we can do is hope! xx

themidlandmaster
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Indeed, all these people rushing out to buy 20 copies seem to have gotten lost on the way back.....

Heres a non-too bad price on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-ASSASSINS-CREED-3-EXCLUSIVE-STEELBOOK-CASE-NO-GAME-INCLUDED-/280839574167?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item416357d297

At around £13, they arent too bad, as the guy is offering free international postage.

Probably get it quicker from him than waiting on a group buy....

Honestly, with free shipping worldwide that's probably what a group buy would cost

Guy must work for best buy...

davidw
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
they've all sold out now as well...

rapidly-greying
03-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Have you seen some of the robbing gits prices on ebay. Buy it now for 60 quid and the likes. They can bite my plums if they think i'm paying that.

On a serious note though,i hope jrock is alright. That was a couple of days ago now that he said he was heading to the shop and no sign of him yet. Lets hope his internet is down or something innocent like that,instead of an accident or something horrific.

America is a scary place,maybe he got mugged on the way home from best buy.

davidw
03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
let's not joke about things like that :) we need him to come back safe with all the steel books in the world!

davidw
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
just wanted to update everyone the seller on ebay has listed more of these now which are bound to sell out quick again - £13-ish with free international delivery - best deal around at the moment - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280839827797#ht_3221wt_1180

gurpswoo1
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
LOL re listed again this time at $26,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280839849582#ht_3454wt_1002

rapidly-greying
03-07-2012, 03:29 PM
I went to buy one because the postage and packing was free but when I clicked to buy it said ask seller for shipping quote. I guess its only free delivery if you live in the states.

gurpswoo1
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
No it's free according to the listing.

Just enter 0 in the postage cost field.

rapidly-greying
03-07-2012, 04:23 PM
He doesn't delivery to the uk unfortunately. Unless your looking at a different seller of course.

davidw
03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
from what i can see the item i linked to sold out again (man these are like hotcakes or what?) then they were relisted again but he actually put the price up this time - it does look like shipping is still free though...

SquirrelRaper
03-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm going to Gamestop again today, Im sure they have them by now. Bleahhh..Even though its only been since Midnight on the 6th when I checked last.

buttah42
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
All gamestops and bestbuys around me have plenty lol

Johnny
03-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Still hoping that somebody get's a few extra copies for us poor european collectors :p

rapidly-greying
03-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I managed to blag one from that ebay dude. 15 quid odd delivered was a good deal I thought. The seller certainly wont be making much profit from the sales,he must be doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

Dreamcazman
03-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I managed to get one from that guy also, $28AUD incl postage isn't too bad. He still has nine left.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280839849582

rapidly-greying
03-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah its a good deal. After shipping there cant be much more than a few dollars profit for the guy.

Vikingo82
03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
There have been a bunch of good people on ebay that have posted steels at really good price with free shipment... No more than 3 or 4 dollars profit...and it's a work preparing all the shipments...so A+++ for all of them...

Still have hope in humanity...lol...

The others who post for 50$ or more...no words... Jusf fuck them all...

Let's see if some others do the same...

Twisted
03-08-2012, 04:55 AM
my local gamestop said each store get's one "initial shipment"..and "that's all that's planned"..and the gaming supervisor at Best Buy said "1 box of steels per store, most stores"...it's just to get the buzz going and the ball rolling on pre-orders...but both of these are bottom feeders, maybe ubisoft or an e-mail to Gamestop/Best Buy corporate can clear things up if, indeed it's just the first batch and that's it.

J Rokk
03-08-2012, 05:13 AM
A quick update guys, and gals.

I have not been able to make it to Best Buy yet. I have about three within driving distance of my house which is about an hour tops in every direction to get there.

I had to go to court today, and before the past few days I have had a busted wrist/hand. I think that I broke a part of it or fractured it.

Going to the Doc tomorrow or Friday so your best wishes please guys.

Bottom line is I am going to try my best to get to Best Buy tomorrow. Since I may have to go to three different ones, which would equal about 150+ miles of driving I will let anyone who wants one get one for a really nice price, I will not gouge.

If I could afford to let you all get it for $5 I would, but with my newly gotten court fees/fines I can not afford to. I will do my best to keep the price cheap and will try to get as many as possible.

Have faith and I am sorry about the delay(s) to one & all.

Cheers and your favorite beers! :)

~
J Rokk

evilvort3x
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
sounds great... cheapest seen online for us UK people is a guy from america doing about 13GBP and that includes shipping to uk so if you could do around that price of lower would be great bud!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic_Link
03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Sucks to hear you've damaged your hand... :( Hope your trip to the docs isn't too bad... :D

Look forward to hearing back about these Steels! :D Thanks for the update! ^o^

gu8
03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
13 delivered, weres that?

Johnny
03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Im starting to lose faith in getting one at a fair price...

Derrtygotgame
03-09-2012, 03:10 AM
I just picked up 3 of these Steelbooks, and was ECSTATIC .. great addition to my collection, might be letting a few go if anyone is looking

DrAo
03-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Hello!

I would be very interested in getting this SteelBook, but I'm from Spain, know someone that way or if someone could get it, buy it and send to Spain with their shipping?

Forgive my English!!

psiguy3
03-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Whats so hard about getting these.
I picked up 2 at my local best buy. One for me and one for a friend.
Was gonna pick up some more for some friends and will see what I can do and pick up some for people here to maybe trade. They do look pretty sweet.

evilvort3x
03-10-2012, 04:48 PM
psiguy nobodys either able to get them. OR.... wont get them i think bud!

gu8
03-10-2012, 04:53 PM
ive got mine so am not bothered, fair price too

dikheads charging 40usd etc etc, some nobhead on ebay uk is selling these for 60gbp

whtsnk58
03-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I've managed to not only get a hold of a steelbook for myself, but I also now have five extras. I know I've guaranteed one of them to davidw, so I've still got four extras at this point. I'm not quite ready to send up sending them out (due to some financial and time restraint reasons), but I should be able to start getting them out probably Friday the 16th when I get paid next. I'm also going to work on securing more of them (we've got two more at work hidden, and apparently Best Buy has a large amount of them left as well), so I'm probably going to set up a group export thread or at least a selling one so I can actually earn some feedback on this site for selling these. I'm not going to super over charge anyone on them either. I was thinking maybe 10 usd for the steelbook plus whatever the cost of shipping. So I still need to stop by the post office to figure out what some estimated shipping costs to different places in Europe might be. Also seeing that I'm an avid collector myself, I would also be up for trading for some of those sweet European steelbooks you lot have over there instead of just selling them. I'll keep you all posted on the status of what's going on as well, but I just wanted to give you all the heads up about it before you all end up buying super over priced ones from d-bags on ebay just looking to spin a profit on them. Requesting one would be helpful to know how many I should aim to get, but it isn't going to guarantee you one; just wanted to make that clear before I get a list of super pissed off people because I wasn't able to get enough.

evilvort3x
03-10-2012, 06:23 PM
hey well if its ok. see if you can get one mate :) ill take it dependant on shipping costs etc :)

psiguy3
03-12-2012, 03:05 AM
I have two extra for sale or trade

Derrtygotgame
07-16-2012, 08:32 AM
anyone still looking for any of these? I have a few and am willing to sell/trade, maybe you have a steel spare that I could use.

let me know, or PM me

Likey
07-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Can someone post a pic of what this steelbook looks like? Is there only one design or several depending which country you get it from. Thanks.

vhal_x
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
It's just one steelbook Likey, and most people will have got it by now. And for any UK members that don't have it, it comes in the Freedom Edition of ACIII xx

Likey
07-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Oh crap, I paid £15 for mine recently, bad decision?

vhal_x
07-16-2012, 04:17 PM
depends - if it's sealed, then not so much as it'll be sealed with nothing inside, and have the preorder label at the back to differentiate it from the Freedom Edition copy, if it's unsealed, then it would have probably been better if you'd just waited and bought the Freedom Edition xx

Likey
07-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah it is mint sealed, my only steelbook that is sealed apart from FF13-2.