PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III

Pages : 1 [2] 3

LowlyAssassin
10-29-2012, 01:59 AM
yes legendhawk please stop doing super close ups when your unboxing and do yourself a favour and please stop shaking the camera, its awful

wtf!!!!!

are you for real lowly????

this guy takes his time and spends his cash to do unboxing videos and you have a go for doing closeups

LEGENDHAWK YOU ARE A LEGEND, I HAVE SEEN MANY OF YOUR UNBOXING VIDEOS AND I LOVE THEM ALL, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE

:beer:

I must have missed read it
So I apologise for skim reading and my misunderstanding of his post
As I thought i read that he wanted suggestions for improvements by was buzy when I read and typed the message
And you seem to have exaggerated what I wrote and misunderstood what I meant
But if I seemed am little harsh then I apologise
But when I watched the unboxing the speed of the unboxi was great nice and fast but the camera was moving a fair bit and did get very close as to make it impossible to see the product as a whole at times
Plus I believe he mentioned he done the unboxing at work so I am unsure as to how he spent money on it

LowlyAssassin
10-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Is this the freedom or something else?
Asia Edition
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-PS3-Assassins-Creed-III-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Figure-DLC-60min-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDU5/$T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oVcDBQjjGw2ZfQ~~60_57.JPG

Thetof91
10-29-2012, 10:57 AM
It is the Asian Freedom Edition as you write..

Remember one from Singapore posted it, and it is just where they have removed some stuff, think it was only the game and the figurine, and 1 dlc or something like that..

EDIT: Found the pic of it

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481076_503163549696408_1010248877_n.jpg

Dr_Jengo
10-29-2012, 11:09 AM
No!!! Stop posting that blasphemy all over the forums..

Yes it was me who posted that pic a whole back

Cosmic_Link
10-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Everything:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/315629_10151277760265993_1749535141_n.jpg

~Pics has been taken by Playman s.r.o~

It's nice to see that the game doesn't come within the steelbook! :D Was expecting it would for some reason! lol

Redmagster
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
This Freedom Edition looks like one of real jewels between CE's. Beatiful piece of art for good price (I have preordered PC version of FE + bear tooth necklace, postage free for 72 euro). Imagine adding Connor's medallion there, will be absolutly wonderful. :)

Hello!

I am looking for someone who may be happy to help me with this one? I wated to order the CZ PC FE with the Bear tooth and ship it to the UK

Is this something you can help with?

Redmagster
10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I did not notice. Thats definitely an increase value over the preorder steelcase

That's cheered me up no end!! There are a tonne of the others floating round - nice to have a unique one!! :thumb:

jak_1811
10-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi, you're still missing some editions.
There is the Hmv/Expert steelbook, this one is with a special slip cover and it's exclusive to german Expert stores.
http://blog.expert.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Assassins-Creed-Vorbestellbox-434x580.jpg

Then the El Cazador pack, it's a spanish Fnac exclusive (like the AC2 steelbook) with inside a figure, t shirt and a metal buckle.
http://imageshack.us/a/img197/4323/20121025122622.jpg

ingmar1988
10-29-2012, 10:09 PM
That hmv one is in database already. Will add other editions when i have some time. Thanks,

nipperkipper
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
That hmv one is in database already. Will add other editions when i have some time. Thanks,

AC3 alone must be keeping you busy:rotf:

Surely it must have the most entries of any game before

Legendhawk
10-29-2012, 11:55 PM
I must have missed read it
So I apologise for skim reading and my misunderstanding of his post
As I thought i read that he wanted suggestions for improvements by was buzy when I read and typed the message
And you seem to have exaggerated what I wrote and misunderstood what I meant
But if I seemed am little harsh then I apologise
But when I watched the unboxing the speed of the unboxi was great nice and fast but the camera was moving a fair bit and did get very close as to make it impossible to see the product as a whole at times
Plus I believe he mentioned he done the unboxing at work so I am unsure as to how he spent money on it

i did it at work cuz I wanted people to know what the package included before it came out , im also filming with my Galaxy S3 :P Im doing this for fun and im just helping people :) keep in mind that im unboxing this with one hand , and "professional unboxers" are mostly paid and dont own the game I think :) FREEDOM EDITION UNBOXING will come 31.oct EU release date :)

Legendhawk
10-29-2012, 11:57 PM
yes legendhawk please stop doing super close ups when your unboxing and do yourself a favour and please stop shaking the camera, its awful

wtf!!!!!

are you for real lowly????

this guy takes his time and spends his cash to do unboxing videos and you have a go for doing closeups

LEGENDHAWK YOU ARE A LEGEND, I HAVE SEEN MANY OF YOUR UNBOXING VIDEOS AND I LOVE THEM ALL, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE

:beer:

thanks mate :)

Legendhawk
10-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Here is my Assassins Creed 3 - Freedom Edition UNBOXING 360 EU !
This epic and nice edition is a must have ;) hope you like it .

The video is a bit long , but at the end i will show an alternative figur which can be bought next to the game :) ** Video will be up soon ***

n_6pfxIfRHs

Contains :

-: DLC
-: Figurine ( Connor )
-: Journal
-: Steelbook ( minor scratches :( )
-: "Post Cards"

Legendhawk
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Here is my Assassins Creed 3 - Freedom Edition UNBOXING 360 EU !
This epic and nice edition is a must have ;) hope you like it .

The video is a bit long , but at the end i will show an alternative figur which can be bought next to the game :) ** Video will be up soon ***

n_6pfxIfRHs

Contains :

-: DLC
-: Figurine ( Connor )
-: Journal
-: Steelbook ( minor scratches :( )
-: "Post Cards"

Legendhawk
10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
it is the same with the journal here :) some thicker pages :) "missing" pages :P

Legendhawk
10-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Try and improve your unboxing by not having super close ups
And stop the camera from shaking and moving

Can you check if anyages are bound together in any journals/ notebooks you can get hold of
I have this error/ issue

My George washington book from my UK Join or Die edition has a production error and i was wondering if this was done intentionally as secret pages or wether the pages where not alligned and cur properly in assemley and production the pages i have noticed are attatched are
page No
9&10 attached to 13&14
29&30 attached to 30&32
53&54 attached to 55&56
61&62 attached to 63&64
i am aware that there are fold out pages and these are
21>24
41>44
45>48
i was wondering what should be done about these pages that are unreadable and my notebook as a whole
any suggestions

it is the same with the journal here :) some thicker pages "missing" pages :P

vhal_x
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah, the pages are supposed to be like that. Ubisoft said so themselves xx

Redmagster
10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah, the pages are supposed to be like that. Ubisoft said so themselves xx

Hey where did you hear that Vhal?? You can tell they are as the production quality is too high for it to be a trimming error ;)

By the way - your JOD should be fine. I just came off the phone... Seems they were short supplied and have cut back later orders first :thumb: x

vhal_x
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I saw it on twitter, they linked to an article on their site :)

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17343/

There's the article :D

Ooh, thanks :) Hopefully mine is okay, and again, sorry about yours :( xx

Redmagster
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I saw it on twitter, they linked to an article on their site :)

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17343/

There's the article :D

Ooh, thanks :) Hopefully mine is okay, and again, sorry about yours :( xx

Cheers Vhal! You know everything.... :notworthy:

Thought it was deliberate as it is a realy tidy book - torn now about opening the pages... :)

I ordered the Tesco JOD late for the t-shirt - which I? believe I have 'pursuaded' them to send ;)

Said I would set 'Vhal' on them.... :suicide:

vhal_x
10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Haha ;)

Yeah, I'm worried about opening the pages, but I'll have two books (one from Freedom, one from JoD) so will just open one of them I think :)

Haha, yeah - they don't wanna fuck with me :rotf: :P xx

Redmagster
10-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Haha ;)

Yeah, I'm worried about opening the pages, but I'll have two books (one from Freedom, one from JoD) so will just open one of them I think :)

Haha, yeah - they don't wanna fuck with me :rotf: :P xx

That's what I told 'em... :surrender:

Twisted
10-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Thanks Legenhawk!...i always look forward to your unboxings...btw, does anybody know if the GAME UK "exclusive" game boxart cover for ACIII is truely exclusive to them?..or is that variant cover also found in other regions?......http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-iii-game-exclusive-edition-170850?pageSize=20&searchTerm=assassins creed 3

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Its the signature / special edition series

Romeo
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
My AC3 day haul, not including the party pics of foods and what not. These pics only include what I have on hand of course, with lots more to come in transit right now. Also not included are trinkets, pre-order bonuses, or anything that came before 10/30 such as the steelbook or press kits.

I can take any pics upon request, and have many more planned for later.

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/1552/imagekws.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img217/9385/imagevfbr.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/6417/imagefqx.jpg

vhal_x
11-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Gorgeous :) Very jealous of basically everything in that pic! :D xx

Romeo
11-01-2012, 06:02 PM

You'll have yours soon! (where is your ubiworkshop edition now??)

I have a TON more photos... where should I post them all? They're of more AC things, promos, food/party pics, and then detailed shots of the sets opened.

vhal_x
11-01-2012, 06:03 PM
My UWS edition got intercepted so is currently held in a warehouse till UWS gives UPS more details :(

So sad :( haha :rotf:

I can't wait for more pics :D xx

LowlyAssassin
11-01-2012, 06:21 PM
My UWS edition got intercepted so is currently held in a warehouse till UWS gives UPS more details :(

Poor vhal my first uws turned up today
Don't have any tracking info on my second

Nice haul Romeo
Anybody got any news on assassins creed art (r)evolution?
Amazon email says delayed till December 15 the now

Romeo
11-01-2012, 06:55 PM

I would go all mission impossible on the warehouse and take what's mine! I'm trying to debate on what to take pics of... Game sets, CE sets, encyclopedia sets, comic book sets, statues... Any ideas?

Poor vial my first uws turned up today
Don't have any tracking info on my second

Nice haul Romeo
Anybody got any news on assassins creed art (r)evolution?
Amazon email says delayed till December 15 the now

Did you get the correct ubiworkshop version? Btw the carte blanches are printed, the last 20 or so pages. I confirmed it yesterday with Ubi.

As far as the art books, something is weird with them. Originally art of AC3 was supposed to ship 10/30 then said 6-9 weeks. Last night it changed back to 11/5. I was thinking to myself last night while out shopping "where else sells books that would have this?". I checked Barnes & Noble online and it said the store 3mi from me had it in stock. (side note: my comic order was delayed due to the hurricane). I walk into B&N and the first thing I see is the comic set right up front! I was so ecstatic I didn't have to wait for my order to come next week. Then someone helped me find the one and only copy of Art of AC3 and nabbed that too. Total fluke I ended up at the store last night.

LowlyAssassin
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I would go all mission impossible on the warehouse and take what's mine! I'm trying to debate on what to take pics of... Game sets, CE sets, encyclopedia sets, comic book sets, statues... Any ideas?

go for all of the above, all sound good

Did you get the correct ubiworkshop version? Btw the carte blanches are printed, the last 20 or so pages. I confirmed it yesterday with Ubi.

As far as the art books, something is weird with them. Originally art of AC3 was supposed to ship 10/30 then said 6-9 weeks. Last night it changed back to 11/5. I was thinking to myself last night while out shopping "where else sells books that would have this?". I checked Barnes & Noble online and it said the store 3mi from me had it in stock. (side note: my comic order was delayed due to the hurricane). I walk into B&N and the first thing I see is the comic set right up front! I was so ecstatic I didn't have to wait for my order to come next week. Then someone helped me find the one and only copy of Art of AC3 and nabbed that too. Total fluke I ended up at the store last night.

Yea the art is printed on the last few pages
Yes I checked the box before opening and Xbox 360 was printed on it so I opened it
And that Connor concept art is on page 279
And I meant assassins creed art (r)Evolution not art of ac3 its a different book

Also I need advice on opening the sealed confidential envelope
Does steaming work (like on TV)?

Romeo
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Yea the art is printed on the last few pages
Yes I checked the box before opening and Xbox 360 was printed on it so I opened it
And that Connor concept art is on page 279
And I meant assassins creed art (r)Evolution not art of ac3 its a different book

Also I need advice on opening the sealed confidential envelope
Does steaming work (like on TV)?

I haven't heard anything about the Art Rev book, still late November for me.

I took a ton of photos... where is best to post?

vhal_x
11-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Make an intro thread Romeo :D Did you get my PM ? xx

v1sav1s
11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
All that AC3 merch in one place... it's a beautiful masterpiece. Words can't express how wondrous and blinding they are at the same time!

Redmagster
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM

Second that emotion!! :wave:

MortalMonday
11-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Not sure if anyone cares, but I took a picture of the flag from the North American CE version of the game and the flag that was sent to the press in the wood case to compare the two.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC01366-1.jpg

Not surprisingly, the flag from the CE is inferior in quality when compared to the press flag. The CE flag I believe is made of thin pieces of nylon, whereas the press flag is made of heavy duty cotton. The stars and AC logo are also embroidered much more densely in the press flag.

Romeo
11-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Second that emotion!! :wave:

Thank you! :)

I made a "show off" thread since xval made me!

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9610

Not sure if anyone cares, but I took a picture of the flag from the North American CE version of the game and the flag that was sent to the press in the wood case to compare the two.

Not surprisingly, the flag from the CE is inferior in quality when compared to the press flag. The CE flag I believe is made of thin pieces of nylon, whereas the press flag is made of heavy duty cotton. The stars and AC logo are also embroidered much more densely in the press flag.

That is one kit I've been hunting for months. When you say 'sent to you', do you work in the industry?

Matrix6
11-02-2012, 02:28 AM

It appears that the Press Flag is also larger in size?!
I'm hoping Ubi will sell premium/quality flags on their site, it's all I really wanted from the US LE but I totally agree about the inferior quality included with the LE...it looked bad in unboxing videos as well.

DemonATX
11-02-2012, 03:41 AM
IssDuIuEcrU

Mike1888
11-02-2012, 03:46 AM

Haha yeah after seeing photos of your flag I was pretty excited for the CE.

Needless to say, the CE flag is really disappointing. Feels super cheap.

v1sav1s
11-02-2012, 05:08 AM
I think the flags from GameStop (and eventually from UW) will be indentical to the press flag. Possibly the only discrepancy will be the wooden box and letter.

Romeo
11-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I think the flags from GameStop (and eventually from UW) will be indentical to the press flag. Possibly the only discrepancy will be the wooden box and letter.

Exactly correct. That's why I'm surprised the press flag has sold for $500 when the market has been flooded with GameStop flags.

MortalMonday
11-02-2012, 05:18 AM

You might be right, but the Ubiworkshop people have confirmed that their flag will be different from the press flag. Who knows for sure though. We'll just wait and see I guess. I'll have all versions, so I'll compare them to be sure.

Edit: Actually right now, I have no interest in the Gamestop flag; so I won't have all versions. I'll only have the press flag, ubiworkshop flag, and the flag from the CE.

Romeo
11-02-2012, 05:21 AM
You might be right, but the Ubiworkshop people have confirmed that their flag will be different from the press flag. Who knows for sure though. We'll just wait and see I guess. I'll have all versions, so I'll compare them to be sure.

Edit: Actually right now, I have no interest in the Gamestop flag; so I won't have all versions. I'll only have the press flag, ubiworkshop flag, and the flag from the CE.

I'm confused. What is this UWS flag? And how did ya get the press flag?

MortalMonday
11-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Ubiworkshop plans on releasing/selling its own flag around Christmas time. See here. (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9326) and see here (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=547031158646023&set=a.211517762197366.66519.143746098974533&type=1)

I can't really reveal the source of my press flag. It's top secret stuff! lol
There are a couple on eBay for sale right now. Maybe try buying one of those.

Matrix6
11-02-2012, 06:13 AM
I may as well wait for the UWS edition if it's a better quality than the US LE edition.

MortalMonday
11-02-2012, 06:19 AM
The flag in the CE looks like the cheapy flags you find in dollar stores.

Matrix6
11-02-2012, 06:21 AM
I watched an unboxing video of the LE, it looks like the flag could melt outside in the sun! :S

SwiftDeath
11-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Not really sure if this should be added to the database but walmart.ca had a pretty cool limited/preorder edition.

AC III came with the same steelbook that was in the Freedom Edition as well as exclusive DLC to Walmart and AC II (probably via a download code)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/WalmartCAACIIISteelbook.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/WalmartCAACIIISteelbook2.jpg

Note: Not my pictures

My original post about it below

I looked it up on Walmart.ca earlier because I was curious

Xbox here (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/assassins-creed-3-with-bonus-exclusive-mission-a-dangerous-secret-pirate-flintlock-musket-and-bonus-collectable-steelbook-xbox-360/10146331?trail=SRCH%3Acreed&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=alldept&searchString=creed&moduleName=S0011&startSearch=yes&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=SRCH%3Acreed)

PS3 here (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/assassins-creed-3-with-bonus-exclusive-mission-a-dangerous-secret-pirate-flintlock-musket-and-bonus-collectable-steelbook-ps3/10146831?trail=SRCH%3Acreed&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=alldept&searchString=creed&moduleName=S0011&startSearch=yes&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=SRCH%3Acreed)

It's actually a pretty cool limited edition, not really a collector's edition but it comes with:

Assassin's Creed 3 With Bonus Exclusive Mission, A Dangerous Secret, Pirate Flintlock Musket, Bonus Collectable Steelbook and Assassin's Creed 2

http://i2-store.walmart.ca/images/WMTCNPE/110/525/1110525_Enlarged_1.jpeg

geralds
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Added Japanese Famustu DX pack for ps3 and 360 is also coming out for the wii u making it the first Japanese Wii u Ce's just no way for me to add it.

geralds
11-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Added wii u famitsu edition. Added ps3 and 360 ultra limited edition.

Anjelaoni
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Ubisoft Australia has put together a very special, very limited edition of Assassins Creed 3 to be auctioned off in benefit of the Sydney Childrens Hospital Foundation.

The core of the package is the Freedom Edition of Assassins Creed 3 for either PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, but it also includes Assassins Creed: Liberation for Vita; an Assassins Creed 3 branded backpack; a tomahawk USB; a steel postcard; a notebook; a belt buckle; a wristband; lead figurines; an iron on patch; two key chains; and plenty of bonus digital content.

There are only ten of these beauties in the whole world, and eight of them will be auctioned off to raise money for the Sydney Children?s Hospital in Randwick.

Each will be auctioned separately between today and December 17; you can bid on the first one here.

Full details of the package below:

Assassins Creed III Backpack satchel
Assassins Creed III Tomahawk USB Key
Assassins Creed III Steel postcard
Assassins Creed III Notebook
Assassins Creed III Belt Buckle
Assassins Creed III Wristband
Assassins Creed III Iron on patch
Assassins Creed III Steel Book
Assassins Creed III Lead Figurines
Assassins Creed III Tomahawk keychain
Assassins Creed III Liberation keychain
Sony PS3 ULC Captain of the Aquila, Colonial Assassin, Red Coat Multiplayer Pack
Sony PSVita ULC Mysteries of the Bayou
Assassins Creed III Liberation for PlayStation Vita Game
Assassins Creed III Freedom Edition ? Game
A 24cm high quality figurine of Connor
A steelbook case art drawn by awards-winning comic artist Alex Ross
George Washingtons notebook revealing all the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.
One exclusive Lithograph
Bonus Single Player Mission: Lost Mayan Ruins
Bonus Single Player Mission: Ghost of War
Bonus Multiplayer Package: The Sharpshooter

Pics are in the auction.

Link to the auction (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110983331790#ht_1231wt_1141)

Platfus
11-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh that is nice ^_^ Lots of exlusive stuff here, same what been given here in cz

SwiftDeath
11-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Unless I missed it which I could've as there is a lot of swag, I believe you're missing the AC branded leather chest that it all comes in?

ingmar1988
11-30-2012, 06:49 PM
I only want that chest!!!

Mathika
11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
I only want that chest!!!

Yeah :quote: chest looks nice and is the only nice thing in the edition
there is no need for all the other little things
but they ship only to austria

SwiftDeath
11-30-2012, 10:47 PM
So I messaged the seller about shipping outside of australia, force of habit really

Anyways they replied with:

Hello,

They are currently limited to Australia postage only.

Kindest,

Free Publicity

- freepublicityfreepublicity

I assume others have tried and simply didn't mention it?

Maybe if enough of us message them to show how many more bidders they would get with international they'll think about it for future auctions at least

Matrix6
11-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Such a gorgeous chest! <3
Someone/body lucky enough to "win" these auctions are also contributing in making a difference in these charities :)

kittychloe
12-01-2012, 02:08 AM
or an aussie can forward it for you if you won

Romeo
12-01-2012, 03:48 AM
So I messaged the seller about shipping outside of australia, force of habit really

Anyways they replied with:

Hello,

They are currently limited to Australia postage only.

Kindest,

Free Publicity

- freepublicityfreepublicity

I assume others have tried and simply didn't mention it?

Maybe if enough of us message them to show how many more bidders they would get with international they'll think about it for future auctions at least

Exactly. It's rude and it only screws the charity.

Twisted
12-01-2012, 03:56 AM
i don't understand the logic in restricting this to aussie only..imagine how much more they can bring in for the hospital if people worldwide had a shot at it...i'm sure whatever the top winning bid ends up being...chances are if it were open to everybody it would go for much more...some super rich person in some random country may be extra generous for the sake of the donation and may pass on the swag to his or her kid for a holiday gif etc..u never know..i've seen plenty of examples in the media of people donating very large sums for a great cause, and in return they take the item up for grabs and hand it over to a sick kid etc..thats how it should be done..to maximize potential money for the hospitals.

Matrix6
12-01-2012, 04:03 AM
I can understand international frustrations on these type of "events", but please...don't forget the US receives a plethora of "charity auctions" that only ship within the US region and at times those auctions actually detect of whether a bidder is bidding within the US Internets!

So yeah, it's a shame it won't maximise potential profits/bidders, but I'm sure they have legal reasons for these things!? But you know there are ways around this ;)

May I remind you guys from the US of the 'Marty McFly's Back To The Future Shoe Auction' from 2011. ^_^

kittychloe
12-01-2012, 04:56 AM
I can understand international frustrations on these type of "events", but please...don't forget the US receives a plethora of "charity auctions" that only ship within the US region and at times those auctions actually detect of whether a bidder is bidding within the US Internets!

So yeah, it's a shame it won't maximise potential profits/bidders, but I'm sure they have legal reasons for these things!? But you know there are ways around this ;)

May I remind you guys from the US of the 'Marty McFly's Back To The Future Shoe Auction' from 2011. ^_^

this is a fair point.. not to mention all the restricted competitions that i cant enter >.<

SwiftDeath
12-01-2012, 05:20 AM
If it was a competition I could understand, especially as winners aren't expected to pay shipping.

But I think all these super rare video game charity auctions including that previous one with the back to the future custom shoes should have international shipping.

We all know there are crazy collectors all over the globe. If the goal is to make as much money for the charity, the best option really is to provide international options and choose shipping options that allow tracking and signed delivery as rich collectors will pay the fees.

There really is no good reason I can think of as to why you should limit a charity auction like this.

Of course those are just my thoughts....

kittychloe
12-01-2012, 06:20 AM
I can, its called aussies want nice exclusive charity stuff for once :P.. I wonder if this will be the next fhe

Matrix6
12-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Only ten of those chest/trunks in the world eh?! ;)
If only I had money to compete with these riches :D

kittychloe
12-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Only ten of those chest/trunks in the world eh?! ;)
If only I had money to compete with these riches :D

Luckily you only need to compete with rich aussies :P

I cant compete its xmas and charity auctions go for insane prices i would need to take out a loan to bid...

All teasing aside if anyone on here is rich enough to try thier luck i will forward it to you

LowlyAssassin
12-01-2012, 06:47 AM
i don't understand the logic in restricting this to aussie only..imagine how much more they can bring in for the hospital if people worldwide had a shot at it...i'm sure whatever the top winning bid ends up being...chances are if it were open to everybody it would go for much more...some super rich person in some random country may be extra generous for the sake of the donation and may pass on the swag to his or her kid for a holiday gif etc..u never know..i've seen plenty of examples in the media of people donating very large sums for a great cause, and in return they take the item up for grabs and hand it over to a sick kid etc..thats how it should be done..to maximize potential money for the hospitals.

Tell the charity auction holder this important information
But they do not have 10 sellers feedback so are unable to make the auction worldwide due to eBay rules and policy

themidlandmaster
12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Guesses what they will go for, and which auction will be cheapest?

LowlyAssassin
12-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I worked out that the parts have recently sold seperatley on eBay for 500-550gbp
Plus the price of that chest which I estimated would sell by itself for around 300 GBP
So my price estimate is somewhere around 7-800 GBP
In AUD 1000- 1200
That's a big mark but there are 8 of these and people have until December 31st to save up and borrow from family etc
I can see the fourth or second one going cheapest and the last going for the most
Cheapest I can see at about 688 AUD

LowlyAssassin
12-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Anyone else notice the lead figurines are NOT pictured
Do they mean pewter figurines? As lead is not a normal material to make figures from
And also do they mean the mini 8cm figurines from job HiFi
Or do you think they mean the Connor the hunter and Connor from freedom as there are a few of these (15tops at a guess) cast in what looks like lead but could be any base metal. I also believe there are a few of the Connor bust and coin bank inside UBisoft made of metal as this seems to be the modern way of making casts

kittychloe
12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Thats the thing, there are only 8 chests.. The crouching statue is limited to 100, the chest alone could hit 1 - 2k to the right person, everything else you can get on ebay, lowest i see it going for would be about $650, but who knows i bet there will be atleast 1 on ebay fot over 10k soon as the new year hits.. Probably from the guy with 10 FHE's lol

SwiftDeath
12-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Less than 15 minutes to go on Box 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110983331790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Very interested to see what it sells for :D

Update: First Box Sold!!!!!

Sale price of 532 Aussie dollars

What do you guys think of the price?

I didn't think it would break 800 tbh because Australia is far too limited in it's AC collectors with deep pockets at least imo

Thought it would go for a little more than that though

Twisted
12-05-2012, 04:33 AM
my opinion it's a very good price..the new owner will easily double his money on e-bay if not more if he offers it worldwide..a great investment that will pay off..lots of rabid AC collectors worldwide.

SwiftDeath
12-05-2012, 04:37 AM
my opinion it's a very good price..the new owner will easily double his money on e-bay if not more if he offers it worldwide..a great investment that will pay off..lots of rabid AC collectors worldwide.

Yep my thoughts as well

My guess is that half of these, 4 of 8 will be up on ebay being sold internationally within a month of the end of the auctions, maybe 6 weeks

Pity the charity won't get that extra money :(

Although I think someone mentioned the seller might be thinking of allowing international shipping on some of the later boxes so that would change things greatly

Twisted
12-05-2012, 05:17 AM
if i could afford it..and it was international shipping..i would of paid $1,000 max to have it..i was expecting it to go for around the $1,000 to $1,200 mark actually,..undervalued at $550 or so.

SwiftDeath
12-05-2012, 05:20 AM
I really don't think there is a huge number of AC collectors in Australia although I guess that's more a gut feeling than anything tangible.

I think these would easily have hit above the 1000 dollar make if it was a domestic only auction in the US or France

Both countries have large numbers of AC collectors, Germany is another one that seems to be populated with them

themidlandmaster
12-05-2012, 05:22 AM
So I should buy one and relist it worldwide straight away then?

Romeo
12-05-2012, 05:23 AM
So I should buy one and relist it worldwide straight away then?

No...

Buy it and offer it to members here, at cost.

vhal_x
12-05-2012, 10:03 AM
If only I was rich... *sigh* xx

kittychloe
12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
If only I was rich... *sigh* xx

i know your feeling vhal, i'm stuck saving for a mortgage in the next 2 months so i don't have $600 to spare, if my bike sells before xmas i might take a shot at one but i doubt it will...

themidlandmaster
12-05-2012, 04:10 PM
if i can get one for 530 ill take it!

LowlyAssassin
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I might have 400 GBP but don't know how much that is in aud

SwiftDeath
12-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I might have 400 GBP but don't know how much that is in aud

That's about 616 AUD, although you would have to into account some fee for exchanging it

Anybody know what paypal's usual fee for this sort of thing is?

xpl0sive
12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Just tried to bid on the second one but I've been outbid at $650. Screw that, I'm not paying anymore than that lol. Dunno why this one is selling so high compared to the 1st one.

SwiftDeath
12-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Just tried to bid on the second one but I've been outbid at $650. Screw that, I'm not paying anymore than that lol. Dunno why this one is selling so high compared to the 1st one.

People were dumb on the first one imo

These things should sell upwards of 800 USD at least considering what they'll go for if you just turn around and sell it internationally.

The question is not why the second box is going for more, it's why the first one went for less

Again just my thoughts.....

xpl0sive
12-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Sold at $650! Damn. Would like to know what the maximum bid was. Now I'm pissed I didn't bid on the first one lol.

xpl0sive
12-06-2012, 10:19 AM

These things should sell upwards of 800 USD at least considering what they'll go for if you just turn around and sell it internationally.

The question is not why the second box is going for more, it's why the first one went for less

You really think it's worth that much? I wasn't sure if international collector's would pay a lot for it, as I'd imagine the postage would be quite high.

3rd one has cracked 650 already.

kittychloe
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM

You wanna know why? Because the auction ended on a monday and everyone had spent all thier money in clubs and bars on friday and saturday.. Very simple

peckster
12-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Less than 15 minutes to go on Box 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110983331790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Very interested to see what it sells for :D

Update: First Box Sold!!!!!

Sale price of 532 Aussie dollars

What do you guys think of the price?

I think it was a great price seeing as I was the guy who got it :D

kittychloe
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM

Just rich? Or decided not to go drinking on friday or saturday?

peckster
12-08-2012, 11:08 AM
When I get it I will take many photos and do an unboxing video for all you guys to check out.

peckster
12-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Just rich? Or decided not to go drinking on friday or saturday?

Had some money left from my lotto win at the start of the year, and thought why not try and see if I can get it.

NaughtyDogJames
12-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Did you get it for PS3 or Xbox?

peckster
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM

tonybsg
12-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Congrats man! Waiting for super detailed pics!!!

maxwell
12-09-2012, 09:59 AM

When you win auction, you can say to seller witch you want, PS3 or 360.

NaughtyDogJames
12-09-2012, 10:01 AM
???
I just asked which he'd chosen.

maxwell
12-09-2012, 10:05 AM
???
I just asked which he'd chosen.
Sorry I understand bad :banghead:

Mathika
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CHARITY-AUCTION-Assassins-Creed-III-Freedom-Edition-Box-4-of-8/110986160170?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=001&category=38583&cmd=ViewItem

which idiots place a bid in first days :pooryou:
it is so stupid

@ all you must bid in last seconds
then you can get cheap items

Greetz

gu8
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
decent price, well done peck

gu8
12-09-2012, 06:58 PM
would cost an absolute bomb to ship to england though wouldnt it guys

geralds
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
I bet the last one will go for the most I bet a lot of people are having the mentality to much ill just get the next .

gu8
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
im assuming all this will just fit in the trunk????

Twisted
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
i am assuming had i arranged to win this somehow via australian forwarder..and let's say for sake of arguement i did win it for around $600 ...i'm thinking to ship it insured and in sturdy packaging and to ensure it arrives in as mint as possible..i would be looking at around $200 shipping costs...so i would have to pass even having set up a chance on it..unless it sold for around $400 at most.

ingmar1988
12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I still think its a disappointing package, would be nice to have some numbered certificate, autographs by voice actors/studio director, and also nothing exclusive except for the chest i think.

xpl0sive
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I just bought the 4th one for $565 :) woohoo!

xpl0sive
12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CHARITY-AUCTION-Assassins-Creed-III-Freedom-Edition-Box-4-of-8/110986160170?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=001&category=38583&cmd=ViewItem

which idiots place a bid in first days :pooryou:
it is so stupid

@ all you must bid in last seconds
then you can get cheap items

Greetz

This doesn't really work, as everyone else has the same mentality. Often you'll lose to the person with a faster internet connection. Best thing to do is simply place a bid upto the maximum which you're willing to pay, that way you won't be disappointed if you get outbid.

gu8
12-10-2012, 12:41 AM
have to agree with xplosive, only bid what your willing to max a.... mathika the font of knowledge there with there wise words.......... next time i see a super rare gold ring im going to bid in the last second and get it for 1 dollar, just because thats the way to do it!!!

xpl0sive
12-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Lol gu8, your posts always make me laugh :)

Matrix6
12-10-2012, 01:41 AM
I just bought the 4th one for $565 :) woohoo!

congratz! well done! :v::beer:
May I ask what your max bid was? :lock:

xpl0sive
12-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks bud! Max bid was 600, although I was hoping it wouldn't reach that as I didn't really want to spend 600 on this lol.

Matrix6
12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
I reckon you got it for a good price :thumb:
It's especially great for anyone who doesn't have any big AC3 stuff (looks at self in mirror).
The trunk alone is something to behold... ^_^

xpl0sive
12-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Thanks man. Not as good a price as Peckster's but I'm still happy considering the last one sold for nearly 800 bucks lol.

I don't really own anything BIG or super rare, so I'm pretty happy to have this.

Mathika
12-10-2012, 05:41 AM
have to agree with xplosive, only bid what your willing to max a.... mathika the font of knowledge there with there wise words.......... next time i see a super rare gold ring im going to bid in the last second and get it for 1 dollar, just because thats the way to do it!!!

:D
Sometimes it work
But to often you Place max bid and then other People Place a higher one ;D

I hate it

Good luck with the Gold Ring :D

Greetz

peckster
12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
It's.on.my.bed.right.now
*faints*

xpl0sive
12-10-2012, 09:42 AM
It's.on.my.bed.right.now
*faints*

Pics!

Also, what did they charge you for postage if you don't mind me asking?

peckster
12-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Pics!

Also, what did they charge you for postage if you don't mind me asking?

Pics to come soon, free postage in oz :D

xpl0sive
12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Awesome on the free postage! I'm still awaiting an invoice from the seller so I can pay mine. Says I can't pay yet as I need to get a postage quote from the seller.

peckster
12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Awesome on the free postage! I'm still awaiting an invoice from the seller so I can pay mine. Says I can't pay yet as I need to get a postage quote from the seller.

yeah it took them a day to get back too me

gu8
12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
urryup peck mate were all bursting to see your trunk

OPEN THE TRUNK

OPEN THE TRUNK

OPEN THE TRUNK

please dont do like these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

peckster
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10184932.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10191655.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10195015.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10211911.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10211928.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10211952.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10212010.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10212030.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10212107.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/pecksteroz/ac3%20chest%20edition/2012-12-10212125.jpg

Matrix6
12-10-2012, 11:47 AM
You have a beautiful chest <3
What's the mysterious number "3"?? :think: :nosleep:

peckster
12-10-2012, 11:54 AM
You have a beautiful chest <3
What's the mysterious number "3"?? :think: :nosleep:

all numbered,I am hoping 1 and 2 are the ones they are not selling. then again 3 is still cool being that it is the 3rd game and all

Redmagster
12-10-2012, 12:08 PM
all numbered,I am hoping 1 and 2 are the ones they are not selling. then again 3 is still cool being that it is the 3rd game and all

OMG I am just soooooooooooooooooo envious!! Congrats to you!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

peckster
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
OMG I am just soooooooooooooooooo envious!! Congrats to you!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks, I am so happy, it is for such a great cause, and I get a great edition from it too.

I will be making an unboxing video tomorrow I'll post it here as soon as it is up

gu8
12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
meh dont like the colour, a bit leathery for me, bit obvious!!!

just kidding giz it

Mathika
12-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Very nice Chest

how big is it?

maxwell
12-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Niceeeeee cheeeeest!!! Bufff... I want one, or two hahahahah

kittychloe
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I need to win lotto >_< lol, or atleast more than $13 :D

xpl0sive
12-10-2012, 06:12 PM
That looks awesome Peck! Can't wait to receive mine!

Damn the seller is slow to respond to messages. I didn't bother waiting for a reply since you said it's free postage. I just paid them via paypal. Hope they send it out soon. I got the ps3 version of the game.

peckster
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
meh dont like the colour, a bit leathery for me, bit obvious!!!
just kidding giz it
haha I am waiting for one of the winners to complain

Very nice Chest

how big is it?
I'll find a measuring tape and get back too you, it is a decent size though

Niceeeeee cheeeeest!!! Bufff... I want one, or two hahahahah I do to, but I guess that 1,2 are for the non auction editions....well I hope so. In saying that 3 is still a cool number being Assassin's creed 3 and all

I need to win lotto >_< lol, or atleast more than $13 :D
I nearly fell down when I found out I won

That looks awesome Peck! Can't wait to receive mine!

Damn the seller is slow to respond to messages. I didn't bother waiting for a reply since you said it's free postage. I just paid them via paypal. Hope they send it out soon. I got the ps3 version of the game.

yeah it took them ages to get back to me, I was wanting to pay the second that I won

Redmagster
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM
haha I am waiting for one of the winners to complain

I'll find a measuring tape and get back too you, it is a decent size though

I do to, but I guess that 1,2 are for the non auction editions....well I hope so. In saying that 3 is still a cool number being Assassin's creed 3 and all

I nearly fell down when I found out I won

yeah it took them ages to get back to me, I was wanting to pay the second that I won

OMG!!! I misread that and thought you said you were waiting to pay the 2nd that you won!!! :swoon: :rotf:

peckster
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
OMG!!! I misread that and thought you said you were waiting to pay the 2nd that you won!!! :swoon: :rotf:

I am tempted to bid on another one for a friend

Redmagster
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
I am tempted to bid on another one for a friend

Thanks for calling me 'friend' ;) :thumb:

Just kidding - can you hold off til I win one please?

peckster
12-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks for calling me 'friend' ;) :thumb:

Just kidding - can you hold off til I win one please?

I'll try :) are you bidding at the moment?

Redmagster
12-10-2012, 11:40 PM
I'll try :) are you bidding at the moment?

Plucking up the courage to jump in on the 'right one'!! LOL! :D Shipping would kill me though but could get it sent by sea - or fly over and collect it!! LOL! :D

NaughtyDogJames
12-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Hope you get one red!

Redmagster
12-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Hope you get one red!

That signature is superb!!! :notworthy:

I want one I want one!! LMAO :D

Seriously love it ;)

NaughtyDogJames
12-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Have to ask madigan for one ;)

Twisted
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
thats beautiful..thanks for sharing the pics..one exception would be they should of numberd it like 3/8 or however many...what does "3" really mean?..there could of been 25 more made and passed out to Ubisoft employees..or maybe a warehouse with 200 more perhaps for another charity auction next year..etc...so it would have been more better and absolute with a final number...great set nevertheless...i would also been proud to own it..too bad international shipping costs would kill it.

peckster
12-11-2012, 02:46 AM
So I just posted the video go check it out, sorry for the mic issues I am looking into getting a better one. here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3debOqHT85w&feature=colike)

xpl0sive
12-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Looks like these are getting cheaper. The next one sold for just over 500.

NaughtyDogJames
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Last one runs out in a day. Currently at 560 AUS dollars.

xpl0sive
12-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Last one sold for $860!

Platfus
12-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Lol, thats quite expensive isn't it? :roft: Hey Santa, x-mas father, jesus or whoever. I hope you bought one for me :)

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

SwiftDeath
12-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Ok people place your bets!

When will the first one of these bad boys be resold internationally?

And for the big ticket bet, how much will it go for?

I'm starting to think it might be a while until one of these pop their head up again.

It really depends on whether any of the winners bought strictly to resell it or not :think:

gu8
12-19-2012, 07:47 AM
id say easily 1000-1200 aus dollars sold internationally

Matrix6
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I'll resell mine at AUD$2000 BIN, mckay? :taunt: :notworthy: ;)

NaughtyDogJames
12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
So who on here bought one?

xpl0sive
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
I got one, so did Peckster. Matrix did you get one too?

Also, for those that did get one, were one of your pewter figurines broken? I had a broken one (gun was snapped in half), so I had a replacement box of pewter figures sent out to me, and the replacement is also broken in the same spot! Really annoying.

peckster
12-20-2012, 04:12 AM
I got one, so did Peckster. Matrix did you get one too?

Also, for those that did get one, were one of your pewter figurines broken? I had a broken one (gun was snapped in half), so I had a replacement box of pewter figures sent out to me, and the replacement is also broken in the same spot! Really annoying.

my figurines where fine, I did hear a few of the ones jb hifi got where broken and they had to send off for replacements too.

xpl0sive
12-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah I read about that. I'm getting a 3rd set sent out to me now lol. Hopefully these don't arrive damaged.

Redmagster
12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I didn't... :( :(

The shipping would have killed me and the 'only' really unique thing is the chest and the money went on Christmas for my family

Sometimes. I guess, you just have to make choices... hard though :(

Esperino
12-21-2012, 03:22 AM
The "3" is in reference to the individual numbering of the box as my brother has number "10". I imagine number "1" and "2" are the ones not being sold via auction.

According to Ubisoft Australia PR, there is only 10 in total, and the reason for only selling 8 is the other two are in essence 'display models', used to promote the auction. The final remaining two will be offered in some form or fashion, but at the moment is unclear how Ubisoft Australia intend on making them available.

thats beautiful..thanks for sharing the pics..one exception would be they should of numberd it like 3/8 or however many...what does "3" really mean?..there could of been 25 more made and passed out to Ubisoft employees..or maybe a warehouse with 200 more perhaps for another charity auction next year..etc...

comaamen86
12-21-2012, 04:51 AM
So I just posted the video go check it out, sorry for the mic issues I am looking into getting a better one. here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3debOqHT85w&feature=colike)

very nice

welcome to the forums as well

that was a furious unboxing like wathcing a chimp opening a box of bannanas, (not comparing you to a chimp, was just a frenzied unboxing)

Twisted
12-21-2012, 10:26 PM
i understand that ubisoft has said there are 10 of these and you have no.3 of the 8 released thus far..but still..they should of numbered them like 3/10 etc ..because let's face it..who can trust publishers and there numbers?..zavvi/konami actually wrote in a blog and official website the metal gear set was very very limited..i think they threw a number out like total production was 5000 or so...yet..they still have the xbox version for sale and many many many were damaged and returned and they got easily replaced if the customer requested that instead of a refund...so i feel there's several thousand more made then was zavvi/konami came out and said officially...so if konami had each metal gear hd individually numbered out of 5000..then we can hold them accountable..but when they don't we have no idea..if they really made 10000 or 20000 and did a press release and said 5000...my numbers are'nt exact..just off the top of my head..but i do recall them giving a specific number in a press release/blog and it was limited.

Matrix6
01-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the unboxing vid peckster it's a lovely set <3

And now....
for some revelations :D
I know where you can get your very own Chest, exact same make! ;)

kittychloe
01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Ikea!

LowlyAssassin
01-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the unboxing vid peckster it's a lovely set <3

And now....
for some revelations :D
I know where you can get your very own Chest, exact same make! ;)

in the appropriate thread :p
gotchya
but seriously wouldnzt say no to a perdy box matrix
hey you can bring it over when you come and see me O.O <3 :secret:

LowlyAssassin
01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Ikea!

:nea: fo re al?

Matrix6
01-15-2013, 02:11 PM
And now...brace yourselves.....

These AC3 Chest;
http://imagery.playerattack.com/AssassinsCreed3-SydneyChildrensHospital.jpg

Can easily be owned from here;
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Public%20Misc/AC3Chest_zps61cf90b9.jpg

Although unmarked, it's really not hard to print the insignia and a number on top of it

But what I really want are these;
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Public%20Misc/WillyWonka_zps84024cba.jpg
^_^

Redmagster
01-15-2013, 02:13 PM

OMG You gotta admire that chest!!! The big leather box isn't bad either ;)

You see what I did there?!?? :rotf:

Great unboxing - good to see it all like that and gotta say too Peckster, verrrry nice rings :thumb:

LowlyAssassin
01-15-2013, 02:16 PM

These AC3 Chest;

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Public%20Misc/AC3Chest_zps61cf90b9.jpg

Although unmarked, it's really not hard to print the insignia and a number on top of it

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Public%20Misc/WillyWonka_zps84024cba.jpg

^_^

but whats the shop matrix?
and what size is the AC3 one? me wants

Matrix6
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
but whats the shop matrix?
and what size is the AC3 one? me wants

Dare I say it's the Small sized Chest?? :scratch:
If the towel in teh largest one is a full sized body towel, then it very well be the small one used for AC3. But why not have all boxes?? Hmmm.

But I can probably confirm this when I visit the shop tomorrow...

And the winner shop is....

http://mycareer.com.au/branding/TheRejectShop/header.gif

LowlyAssassin
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
hahahahha
thats hilarious
how much for all of them? matrix
if you could get rough sizes
and we`ll see if peckster can give us rough sizes
but then i might get all 3 and jus use em for storage

LowlyAssassin
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
ut the big one has handles on it so i can use it for going on holiday XD

Matrix6
01-15-2013, 02:31 PM
I'll find out more tomorrow and perhaps even take some pics of them to compare :thumb:

LowlyAssassin
01-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I'll find out more tomorrow and perhaps even take some pics of them to compare :thumb:

<3 :thankyou: :thumb:

I_BE_WILL
01-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Chests are identical down to the eagle on the latch haha

xpl0sive
01-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Ok, I feel completely gutted now! Thanks for ruining my night Matrix! Lol.

Seriously though, here I thought I owned something special and unique, and now I feel cheated and ripped off.

I_BE_WILL
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
but at least the money went to charity.....

kittychloe
01-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Is that a go lo junk mail?

I_BE_WILL
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Reject Shop online catalogue i believe

kittychloe
01-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Aussies are so cheap lol

I_BE_WILL
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Well we need something cheap to spend our Centrelink on, apart from southern cross tattoos and commodores.

themidlandmaster
01-17-2013, 04:45 AM
SO glad I didn't buy one now...

kittychloe
01-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Now you can for $25 :D

I_BE_WILL
01-17-2013, 05:46 AM
I still kind of want one of those bags though. At least if you damage the box it's easily replaced, well if the shop has some in stock it is. Stupid small town store.

Twisted
01-17-2013, 05:48 AM
granted, the money went to charity so first and foremost that is important..the sad part is, anyone can make fakes of this set..or replicas if you will..but i would have felt BURNED by this auction, as it should have been something truely special..instead it seems like they were blowing smoke up your asses..but at the end of the day the money went to charity.

LowlyAssassin
01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
so who is willing to go and forward one of these too me?
as i loves the style so much and am so not making a number 11 i promise
spinal tap style

Matrix6
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Ok, I feel completely gutted now! Thanks for ruining my night Matrix! Lol.
Seriously though, here I thought I owned something special and unique, and now I feel cheated and ripped off.

I apologise for this realization, though I can't say I'm sorry personally. The whole thing is first and foremost towards a charity and not because of the "limited" items included. Had you got it for a mere $100 or so I'm sure you wouldn't feel as crushed as you do right now?!

The first time I saw the Chest, I questioned its origin!? It didn't look like it related to the franchise for me and there was no detailed information about it. If it was indeed exclusively made and customized for the "charity", I would have expected a little behind the scene of the reasoning for such a Chest box. :2cool:

Don't feel bad, feel happy that the money you submitted has gone to help kids with illness :)

Plus now you can purchase an unmarked Chest box to put all your AC items in and keep the "original" Chest box safe from possible damage :hug:

..but at the end of the day the money went to charity.
:thumb:

so who is willing to go and forward one of these too me?
as i loves the style so much and am so not making a number 11 i promise
spinal tap style
I believe Kitty can help you out with that?! :banana:

Btw, I went into the shop to check it out, unfortunately I went into one that specifically didn't stock them as printed in fine prints on the catalogue! :facepalm:

I'll have to visit another store in the suburbs and take a gander at it :poke:

vhal_x
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd love one of these chests, but shipping to UK would cost a fortune >.< xx

kittychloe
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
I will go to the reject shop tomorrow, if they are there i will pick up a few if people want them, matrix can you confirm its the reject shop? Amd can anyone give me measurements?

LowlyAssassin
01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Kitty he don't know the measurements as he hasn't been able to get to the shop yet
But I would guess them for you one sec
24 by 18 by 18 inches
Give or take
Based on the size of ac3 freedom that comes in it

kittychloe
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I more meant from one of the auction winners

I_BE_WILL
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
i can do measurements tommorrow if needed.

LowlyAssassin
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
i can do measurements tommorrow if needed.

say what
so every auction was won by forum members?

I_BE_WILL
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
no, but theres a store 3mins from my house and i have the day off.

LowlyAssassin
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
in that case measure all three sizes
and if you could get rough weights as i`m considering getting all 3 if postage is not extortionate which it probably will be

Matrix6
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I'd love one of these chests, but shipping to UK would cost a fortune >.< xx
Depends on the weight really...that could get tricky to get the weight of unless one Aussie member gets one for themselves. xx

I will go to the reject shop tomorrow, if they are there i will pick up a few if people want them, matrix can you confirm its the reject shop? Amd can anyone give me measurements?
I received a Reject Shop catalogue in the mail, I found this out by pure accident. The chest looked soooo familiar and soooo alike to the Charity Chest that I had to make sure! I'm shocked as much as I'm not, one thing we have to realise is that chests and boxes like these will more than likely come from an existing form. eg. the Care Package box for Black Ops 2 is most likely an existing tool box!? Those Bullet casing boxes are obvious. So unless otherwise stated, such as Uncharted 3 Chest, they're just going to bulk buy some existing case/box already available somewhere. :blackeye:
Kitty he don't know the measurements as he hasn't been able to get to the shop yet
But I would guess them for you one sec
24 by 18 by 18 inches
Give or take
Based on the size of ac3 freedom that comes in it
That's a good intelligent guess, and sounds about right :thumb:

no, but theres a store 3mins from my house and i have the day off.

Good onya mate! Tip tops the one! :beer:

LowlyAssassin
01-17-2013, 12:02 PM
yay matrix gave me a thumb up my life is now complete

xpl0sive
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I apologise for this realization, though I can't say I'm sorry personally. The whole thing is first and foremost towards a charity and not because of the "limited" items included. Had you got it for a mere $100 or so I'm sure you wouldn't feel as crushed as you do right now?!

The first time I saw the Chest, I questioned its origin!? It didn't look like it related to the franchise for me and there was no detailed information about it. If it was indeed exclusively made and customized for the "charity", I would have expected a little behind the scene of the reasoning for such a Chest box. :2cool:

Don't feel bad, feel happy that the money you submitted has gone to help kids with illness :)

Plus now you can purchase an unmarked Chest box to put all your AC items in and keep the "original" Chest box safe from possible damage :hug:

:thumb:

Was only joking mate, not blaming you for this at all. I blame Ubisoft. Yes, I am happy that the money went to charity, but that's not the point really. Those who purchased these spent a lot of money on them. I'm sure if you or anyone else had bought one you'd also feel burned by this. I still like the set, just annoyed and wish I had known about this earlier.

Anyway, for those interested in buying a chest, I don't think its the small one. The AC one is fairly large and weighs around 7.5 - 8kg. I priced up postage to several countries as I've had a few offers to sell, and the cheapest available postage to the UK is $104 for sea mail with no tracking or insurance. Air mail is $213, also with no tracking, and express post is $220 and has tracking.

ingmar1988
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
This was to be expected, if they were custom made no money would have been left to go to charity! Still a bummer, its nice to have a really unique item, but well its still great to have imho and you supported a good cause.

I_BE_WILL
01-18-2013, 05:59 AM
just picked up one of the smaller chest
26cmx28cmx48cm and about 3kg

postage would be about $55ish by sea mail and about $105 for air mail

Matrix6
01-18-2013, 06:04 AM
just picked up one of the smaller chest
26cmx28cmx48cm and about 3kg

postage would be about $55ish by sea mail and about $105 for air mail

cool bro. We're the other bigger two at your Reject Shop as well?
And is it possible to fit all in one chest...Russian doll style?

What's your opinion on quality?

I_BE_WILL
01-18-2013, 06:20 AM
The only ones there were 1 small and 2 big, and they pretty much said they have no clue when they will get more in. Not certain about putting them Russian doll style without seeing the middle size/ or at least knowing dimensions. I'll put a few pictures up later of the inside, but the joins on the inside around the leather aren't the best i've seen but for all i know it could just be mine.

LowlyAssassin
01-18-2013, 06:40 AM
And is the small one the right size
As in
Can a freedom edition fit inside a small chest
WE DEMAND ANSWERS <3

SwiftDeath
01-18-2013, 06:47 AM
And is the small one the right size
As in
Can a freedom edition fit inside a small chest
WE DEMAND ANSWERS <3

So how big is the chest?

About 1 / 1 and a half AC:Freedom Editions

Strangest unit of measure I've seen yet.....

I_BE_WILL
01-18-2013, 06:51 AM
well i don't have one handy (hazards of moving interstate) but here is close enough
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/online_novak/AC3_zps593fee06.jpg

LowlyAssassin
01-18-2013, 06:58 AM
well i don't have one handy (hazards of moving interstate) but here is close enough

And Connor the hunter is near as the same size as freedom edition
Thanks man <3

SwiftDeath
01-18-2013, 06:59 AM
Tbh it's quite a nice looking chest for 25 bucks

Guessing not the best build quality but still looks nice nonetheless

LowlyAssassin
01-18-2013, 06:59 AM
Now I would love to know how big the big chest is as I would really like one as a moving / holiday chest depending on the size

xpl0sive
01-18-2013, 10:38 AM
This was to be expected, if they were custom made no money would have been left to go to charity! Still a bummer, its nice to have a really unique item, but well its still great to have imho and you supported a good cause.

The ad clearly stated these were custom made though. Oh we'll.

vhal_x
01-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Custom made, as in, they printed the AC logo themselves ;) xx

LowlyAssassin
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
The ad clearly stated these were custom made though. Oh we'll.

There was an ad?
Stop complicating things

Lemur
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM

These AC3 Chest;

^_^

LOL WTF?????? Come on ubisoft now that's just ridiculous. On the bright side the money went to charity :poke:

xpl0sive
01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
There was an ad?
Stop complicating things

The ebay ad.

kittychloe
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Going off the advert they are close but not identicle, the rivets dont match. There are too many of them

NaughtyDogJames
01-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Going off the advert they are close but not identicle, the rivets dont match. There are too many of them

The leather(or whatever it is) looks muh lower quality although that could be the pic.

Matrix6
01-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Take a closer look at the Small size chest on the left top, it has less rivets than the other two. Which also appears to be in the same places as the "AC3" Charity Chest.

The leather(or whatever it is) looks muh lower quality although that could be the pic.
The catalogue pictures are poor, here's a real picture of it taken by an Aussie member here located on the previous page. ;)

Matrix6
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Final result of AC3 Chest:

Origin of AC3 Chest:
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/ACChestSmall4_zps8d869bd1.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/ACChestSmall5_zps974fd5b6.jpg

The End.

themidlandmaster
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
So it's literally only the assassins logo on top?

Bad form!

vhal_x
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Yep, AC logo on top, number on bottom (or wherever it was they printed the number) - just looks painted on xx

Matrix6
01-24-2013, 02:25 PM
it's heartbreaking.... :'(

themidlandmaster
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
is the bag commercially available?

Platfus
01-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Was available in Czech in many competitions, but not for sale :/

LowlyAssassin
01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
So who has a chest to sell me?
I'd like one of each size I know matrix can get large ones any get hold of mediums?

LowlyAssassin
01-25-2013, 06:49 AM
Not this then?
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Set-3-Grandma-Classic-Leather-N-Wood-Chest-Trunk-/00/s/MTE1NVg2OTY=/$(KGrHqNHJEoFDOFzhYuDBQ7fYLrMPw~~60_57.JPG
Lol
Close but no cigar

SwiftDeath
01-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Honestly those chests have too high build quality to be the ones used in this edition :rotf:

kittychloe
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
And different build, lid is curved on those

I_BE_WILL
01-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Pretty much identical minus the legs and curved lid.

kittychloe
01-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Just get an actual one

LowlyAssassin
01-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Honestly those chests have too high build quality to be the ones used in this edition :rotf:
http://web2.clarkson.edu/class/tc310/last_semester/groupa/bud5.jpg
And different build, lid is curved on those
Well I asked if they had something closer to the... Then supplied a picture of the reject shop one,

Just get an actual one

You mean one of the actual ten or. For men to fly to Australia and hunt for a reject shop?
Either are an impossibility
Unless you have a better idea

Xmo
01-25-2013, 12:00 PM
*** Added Ultimate Special Edition to database ***

kittychloe
01-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Only large and med chests in canberra

LowlyAssassin
01-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Only large and med chests in canberra

Thanks for looking
I've got one more place to check but it's gonna take an hour or so

Dez
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Shocking! You would think a big company like ubisoft, along with the Assassin's Creed franchise, along with it affiliation to Sony (ps3) and Microsoft (Xbox), that they could've provided a unique chest, unlike how they advertised it (only 10 in the world).

Not only was it not unique, at $25 retail, it is of cheap construction and faux leather. Probably cost less than $5 to make.

Also, for it to turn up at the reject shop in Australia where the bid was limited to is extremely poor form.

At the end if the day the charity would've got its money, as I am sure and am hoping that ubisoft made some co contribution.

Good example of cutting costs and increasing profit.

I feel that this has done harm to the AC community especially for what it promotes, ei, a somewhat Robin Hood anti establishment figure.

I am totally reconsidering continuing collecting AC merchandise.

Not even a proper metal badge on the chest confirming its uniqueness.

Nothing is true, auctioning of a cheap box as unique is permitted.

Embarrassed to say I own said cheap box!

Matrix6
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
^If some silly member never compared the chest boxes that was accidentally discovered in the RS catalogue, none of us would have known any better :facepalm::tomato:

Redmagster
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
^If some silly member never compared the chest boxes that was accidentally discovered in the RS catalogue, none of us would have known any better :facepalm::tomato:

Bad Matrix Bad Matrix :hammer:

Matrix6
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a_RKnA-5nsI/TLfS8BzbEmI/AAAAAAAAAsI/RQBWDCr-iM8/s1600/sad-puppy.jpg

Redmagster
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a_RKnA-5nsI/TLfS8BzbEmI/AAAAAAAAAsI/RQBWDCr-iM8/s1600/sad-puppy.jpg

Awwwwww... you are so forgiven!!! :hug:

Dez
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks! At least I'm smiling now.

Lemur
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Come on at least show some boobs before any forgiveness is given!

And no, not your man-boobs please :rotf:

comaamen86
01-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Come on at least show some boobs before any forgiveness is given!

And no, not your man-boobs please :rotf:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50553_316691981927_5955675_n.jpg

Romeo
01-30-2013, 04:31 PM

Ooh a scandal... what did I miss?!

TMM
01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

Check out my photo unboxing here of the Freedom Edition (http://manmountaindesigns.co.uk/index.php/games/unboxing/109-assassin-s-creed-3-freedom-edition-unboxing)

Regards
TMM

NaughtyDogJames
01-30-2013, 10:07 PM

That is just too cute. Even Coma's (;)) heart of stone would be warmed at the site of it.

Platfus
01-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Should I take a pic of my retarded funny dog? :D

kittychloe
01-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Maybe try something a little less generic for your next post? 50% of your posts are identicle

TMM
01-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Maybe try something a little less generic for your next post? 50% of your posts are identicle

Hi,

Yeah as mentioned in one of the other threads this was just a quick update of all the unboxings I had done so far. I have more to come based on some pre-orders I have so keep an eye out!

Regards
TMM

comaamen86
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
maybe a intro with pics would be better than linking to your own site and i only say this as i personally do not click on links of people i do not know

LowlyAssassin
01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Not really sure if this should be added to the database but walmart.ca had a pretty cool limited/preorder edition.

AC III came with the same steelbook that was in the Freedom Edition as well as exclusive DLC to Walmart and AC II (probably via a download code)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/WalmartCAACIIISteelbook.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/WalmartCAACIIISteelbook2.jpg

Note: Not my pictures

My original post about it below
Nothing is contained in the steel book
The ac2 game is the classics (not game of the year)one in its own case that and the dlc codes where bundled together in a card semi slip case that covers the back bottom and a little bit of the front and cellophane wrapped

Dez
02-03-2013, 08:26 AM
There's a charity auction AC edition on eBay.

One of the members I believe!

Platfus
02-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Yep, already in RARE stuff on eBay

Redmagster
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Full Game Name: Assassins Creed III
Edition Name: Allegiance Pack
Platform(s): PS3 / Xbox
Region(s):
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: Released
Price (RRP): $89.99
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description: Cardboard Box like Ubi works edition
Content Description: Game, Flag and Comic Book
Link(s) to source(s): http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-iii-allegiance-pack/?utm_source=Mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Allegiance-pack&utm_content=button&utm_campaign=Allegiance-pack
Other Info/Pics:

Ubi milk it some more with a few bits from other editions chucked together in a specially deisgned cardboard box....

Platfus
04-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Argh. I must say NO.

Redmagster
04-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Argh. I must say NO.

Just make a replica cardboard box Platfus :thumb: You know you can... ;)

Matt16
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm sure they'll talk about the great quality of the cardboard box if the ubiworkshop version is anything to go by :no:

Redmagster
04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Looks exactly the same build quality to me :nono: