PDA

View Full Version : Help me make my ultimate collector's edition collection!

stavie33
03-19-2012, 03:54 AM
So like most people here, I love video games, and I love collecting collectors edition games. I keep all my games sealed, and scavenge the net and every store nearby for the absolute most perfect condition one, as I have serious OCD issues with lots of things and certain games become unbearable for me to keep with things as small as a scratch, making it hard to come across ones I like. Regardless, I hopped on the sealed game train a little too late (a few years ago), but have gotten most if not all of the CE games sealed for the last year or so.

My Goal: Have nearly every CE game released in NA for the next gen consoles, with a few minor exceptions (mainly sports games). My question for the community to help is, which games should I be going for next? I have about a $300 budget per month, and would like to find the most valuable games for obtainable prices before they sky rocket. Obtainable for me is under $600 range. I buy nearly every new CE as they come out now because I found they all go up eventually, and I sell some that are going down and buy them at their lowest point, and hold onto others. Either way, what suggestions does the community have to expand my collection? Which are some vital games I'm missing? Also, I'm uncomfortable with VGA grading but if any of my games really should get graded, please let me know which are worth while. I have a ton of ones that aren't worth much and probably won't be what you guys list, but here are some of the big ones before you mention them:

All 3 Mass Effect Games, Bioshock 1, Kingdoms of Amalur exclusive edition, all Assassin's Creed 1 before someone mentions it (I need to get 2 again opened mine), all 3 Gears of War games, Forza 4, Zelda Skyward Sword bundle, all CoD games from MWF 2+, and many other ones that are of the same or lesser value.

Other than those listed, I have tons of other CE's, but I doubt you'll mention them and if you do doesn't matter. So what CE's do u recommend I should be just picking up right now? I know the collection is small so far but I have the money monthly and am looking to expand, games for 360 and PS3. The only non next gen console games I want are Resident Evil 4 Premium edition for PS2 and Halo 2 which I have to find in good condition some where. I don't have any Halo CE's because although I will get them they all dropped in price so much I never picked them up.

So hit me. What games do you think are the absolute best deals, or the get it now before it's too late? I'll be making an expanded list of my collection as it goes along somewhere else, and when I'm done will be selling them all in years and if you want any let me know!

gurpswoo1
03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Well that is difficult question.

We really need to know what you have all ready.

Secondly Is it only USA NTSC region games you want?

There are certain franchises that are a must.

Metal Gear solid
Final Fantasy
Uncharted
Resident Evil
Mass effect
Demon souls/ Dark souls.

Also most things from NAMCO, Nintendo and Square and usually very good bets.

Certain editions that are good buys now and are certain to be worth something in US are:

final Fantasy Xiii-2 CE
Uncharted 3 CE
Dark souls CE

stavie33
03-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Well that is difficult question.

We really need to know what you have all ready.

Secondly Is it only USA NTSC region games you want?

There are certain franchises that are a must.

Metal Gear solid
Final Fantasy
Uncharted
Resident Evil
Mass effect
Demon souls/ Dark souls.

Also most things from NAMCO, Nintendo and Square and usually very good bets.

Certain editions that are good buys now and are certain to be worth something in US are:

final Fantasy Xiii-2 CE
Uncharted 3 CE
Dark souls CE

I have those 3. I originally had my collection posted and it was as much as 'my collection' as how to improve it, but I accidentally closed the web page and didn't feel like trying to remember all my games. I'll make the list again and then see what to shoot for.

rapister
04-11-2012, 04:23 AM
why dont u start by preordering some collectors editions that are GOING TO BE RELEASED, for starters?

your first step is to make sure u dont miss out on anything from now on, right?

for NA, examples would be prototype 2 and MOH warfighter