PDA

View Full Version : What do you find the most frustrating about collecting

HIPPEEDUDE
04-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Hello to all. Have been looking around at my collection lately & realised some of the frustrations i have had with collecting.
It made me wonder what does everyone else find the most frustrating or annoying about collecting.
I dont think anyone can say they dont have any because there will be at least one thing or even more that annoys the heck out of you.
The list of some things i have come up with so far is:

*Evilbay & Painpal-pain in the bum with fees & general BS:suicide:
*Sellers who take your money & stuff you around:hammer:
*Deciding what edition of something to get,horrible when there may 7 or more variations with different things in each you want:banghead:
*Sellers who say items like new but when you get it,its like a cow shat on it & then a train ran over it :censored:
*Deciding wether to get everything you like or just stick to a particular theme or platform:shrug:
* When you buy something for $2 but postage costs you $20:wtf:
*When you can buy something from somwhere like Amazon for example for $17 but they wont send it to you,so if you want it you
usually have to pay the higher price which can be double or triple the cheapest price.:scratch:
*Knowing when to stop spending but bloddy hard when you find that elusive item or a deal so cheap you would be mad to say no:think:

Thats a few of mine off the top of my head,whats yours?

Madigan
04-05-2012, 03:26 AM
- When there are 4242392 editions exclusive to 3428432 countries

- When I have to choose between buying a bunch of games or a CE to keep sealed : /

- DENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Hoarders (leave some for the peasants) :haha:

- When a CE comes with a stupid low quality statue/figure/cat helmet (I hate figures in my CEs >.<) or is a disappointing piece of shit (Sony I'm looking at you)

- A guy with more money and more CEs than me

- More dents

- Yodel :rotf:

foreverflash
04-05-2012, 06:02 AM
What a great topic discussion Hippee. Kudos. ;)

Most frustrating aspects of being a collector and collecting:

Publishers (not so much developers) milking consumers for money. This applies to games, movies, music and television. Well, pretty much all aspects of entertainment. A perfect example would be the upcoming AC3. Still 7 fucking months to go and they've already announced 3 different editions to be released in Europe and Australia. All with unique items or DLC. Why not put them all into 1 big edition and sell it numbered and limited in select parts of Europe, Australia and America? Say, limited to 10,000 units numbered? Hello? Is that too much to fucking ask for Ubisoft? Or even if they just sold some of the extra stuff (like the collectible coin in Join or Die edition) separately on ubiworkshop.com instead of making it exclusive to a different game edition. Fucking brilliant Ubisoft...
Here's a big one: What I like to call "fit to box" style shipping. The Industry standard shipping method for extremely valuable collectibles (like statues, folio books, replicas). Basically, what I've come to find is very disturbing. As a collector, the outer package/box of a collectible is just as much a part of the whole thing as the collectible itelf, yet, at least 75% or more of the leading collectible manufacturers and retailers in America (and abroad) do not care about keeping the outer package in good condition. In fact, they don't even care about keeping it intact! They only care about protecting the collectible INSIDE the outer collectible box. So they use "fit to box" shipping method with gives packages a 50/50 chance of being damaged. Of course we all know the "real" reason they use this packaging method: TO SAVE MONEY. It's all about maximizing profit. Greedy fucking bastards have to scrounge every last cent. Fit to box basically means you take the collector's item which is inside a collector's box and put it "box on box" in a shipping box and tape it up. No additional protection is used. This INFURIATES me beyond belief...
Dents! Dents! Aaaahhh!!!
Scuff marks. VERY VERY common on guides and certain types of boxes (like the US collector edition of Uncharted 3 type box).
Did I already say consumer milking...? Yea, all we are is fucking cattle to them...remember that people!
Not having enough money to get EVERYTHING I want ALL at ONCE! DAMN IT! GIVE ME MOAR!
Finding out about a game, tv or movie series you never heard of, falling madly in love at first sight and realizing how impossible it would be to "collect" for the series because it goes back too far or has too much material (an example of one I just found is "The Walking Dead" - yea, I know, exactly... or Batman)
Having to tear your hair out trying to search the globe for that "rare" item.
A bunch of other things that annoy the shit out of me but there are too many to list...

:twisted:

scottcross
04-05-2012, 06:46 AM
This one is easy for me.
HAVING NO MONEY

There is nothing worse than finding an absolute gem and then realising you havnt got enough money to buy it:banghead::rant::asplode:

vhal_x
04-05-2012, 08:20 AM
1. CEs all coming out in fast succession of each other, giving you no time to have a cool-down period, and no time to bloody save for them (lateAugust-September onwards, GRR!).
2. Buying a CE off of eBay and it getting damaged in the "post" when really it was damaged by the seller (considering the shipping box was mint).
3. When you miss out on a CE, and look on eBay and they are now all 5000x the RRP :suicide:.
4. When an awesome deal appears, but I've already ran out of money :facepalm:.
5. Not having enough money, time or space for my needs and wants! xx

HIPPEEDUDE
04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Forever flash your definately right about the fit to box method. I think the worst case though is sometimes the collectable box isnt right either. Not made right,poor materials used,wrong size etc. Simply because of maunfacturers etc not caring about the box to much,for me at least the worst would be Bioshock 1. That damn Big Daddy just doesnt fit inside the box properly,the drill bit on his arm near pokes a hole in the box,you rub your finger on the outside of the box & you can feel a dimple where the drill bit is. Its ridiculosly stupid,if your not carefull you end up with a broken drill. I think there were alot of them broken when it was first released & they had to send replacement Big Daddy figures out to customers simply because the damn drill broke. I'm sure it cost them more than it would have just to make the box that slight bit bigger

themidlandmaster
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Overproduction making the vast majoirty of editions valueless

twistedsymphony
04-05-2012, 12:13 PM
1. keeping track of new CE announcements, particularly with retailers that don't often carry exclusives (like publisher's online stores or big box stores like Best Buy).

2. stores with exclusives that wont ship to where I'm located. I only collect north American releases because I don't want to have to deal with importation issues, sadly Futureshop in Canada refuses to ship to me in the US and they're only about a 4 hour drive away :(

3. Poorly made/poorly designed/poorly packaged CEs

4. CEs that are way over produced to the point where they're worthless.

5. the fact that so many crappy games get CEs and I feel compelled to buy them, while so many awesome games never get a CE release.

6. CEs with boxes roughly the size of a refrigerator, I'm ok with a simple SteelBook, really I am.

Gazereths
04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
1. People who buy loads of a certain CE then resell them on fleabay for stupid prices

2. Poor packaging from major companies (I'm looking at you Zavvi)

3. Customs charges

4. Lack of communication from some sellers/companies

nipperkipper
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
while many things frustrate me, one thing that has really started to annoy me is when a CE is released in limited or numbered quantities and thn later restocked making it not so limited, sees to happen more often i.e MGS and capcom sign o name just a few

questate
04-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Occupies space really, thats my only gripe :-/

jugolicious
04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I agree with most points people have made!

The most fustrating thing for me is poor customer service.

Ie. Capcom
I have been dealing with with this company for the last 4 weeks to try to get a problem resolved. I ordered about 10x Resident Evil RC plus sign bonus for a group (not even for me), 3 came damaged with dents in the sign.
-called them the first day and CSR 1 told me he will call me back 2 days later
-No response, I called them back 4 days later and CSR 1 said he will get back to me the next day
-No response, I called them 1-3 times a day for the next 2 weeks. Everytime it would go to voice mail, saying they are dealing with another customer. I am pretty sure sometimes i got hung up on and was sent straight there.
-earlier this week (Monday, April 2nd), I finally got through...CSR 1 told me the department that deals with these kind of matter didnt get back to him, lol? He told me to email him some pictures and he will get back to me ASAP. So I did.
-April 3rd, I called 3 times, voice mail.
-April 4th, I called, there is a new voice mail this time: "Capcom will be closed April 4th to April 10th. Unbelievable!

This has to be one of the worst customer service I have received from any company. I am pretty sure they only have 1 CSR too, which is a joke. If I do not hear anything by April 11th, I will open a Paypal case.

I am not the type to just let these things slide. I have won all these kind of disputes with a company, this will be no exception! I always do so with a courteous attitude, but this is starting to really make me mad!

That is my rant haha =)

HIPPEEDUDE
04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
I completely agree with customer service,its seems the larger the company the more they stuff you around,its ridiculous. They simply figure one customer whos complaining is not worth the effort. Smaller companies however seem to go out of their way most ofthe time to keep you happy & to keep you coming back. Ebay & paypal are an excellent example of poor service,why worry about you when we have a million others who use our service. I am still having an argument with ebay almost 2 years later over trying to re-instate one of my accounts & they still claim they are right,i am wrong. Why did they close my account you may ask,simple i tried to sell a japanese xbox 360 console with games & according to them since the games cant be played on australian console the japanese one must be modified. Absolutely bs

Gemini-Phoenix
04-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Something that really frustrates me is how publishers are now releasing multiple CE's for the same title. In itself, this doesn't bother me, but companies like Ubisoft really piss me off when they don't make them tiered! If they're going to release three different editions for three different budgets, then they should at least make the top tier contain everything from the tiers below!

Something else that annoys me is how publishers (again, mostly Ubisoft) release a GOTY Edition or similar edition a year or so after release. For those who hold out and wait, they get a much sweeter game for the same price as others would have paid for the initial release. Fallout 3, Oblivion, Forza 3, Burnout Paradise, and the Assassin's Creed games all spring to mind here!

I also hate how publishers don't actually promote their CE's very well, often giving little to no information as to where respective CE's will be available. Some publishers do, and some are better at it than others, but most don't. It would at least be nice to know if a certain edition is an exclusive when they announce them!

questate
04-13-2012, 02:58 AM
...I also hate how publishers don't actually promote their CE's very well, often giving little to no information as to where respective CE's will be available. Some publishers do, and some are better at it than others, but most don't. It would at least be nice to know if a certain edition is an exclusive when they announce them!

The publisher which immidiately comes to my mind doing this is Topware Interactive. They do the worst ever marketing of their CEs.

Gemini-Phoenix
04-13-2012, 03:17 AM
The two I was actually thinking of when I wrote that was actually SEGA in regards to the Sonic Generations CE, and Warner Bros in regards to the UK Lord Of The Rings: War In The North CE. Both of these were poorly marketed, and even right up until release date we were scrabbling around to find information on which retailer was selling these

WellDuh
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Action figures. Most are silly looking and take too much space. I like collector's editions like Blizzard's. Good looking boxes. Toys are unneeded. I'm buying video game, not board game. Nothing against board games or action figures. I have collections of them too, I just dislike seeing them mixed up with my CEs.

AJLareneg
04-16-2012, 01:59 AM
I sometimes wonder if I am the only one who actually likes figurines included with CEs. Maybe because I've always liked collecting figures/toys/etc of things I liked, ever since I was little... this kind of does it all in one when there's a CE with a figurine. :D yay!?

anyway, things that bug me.

- Like foreverflash mentioned, when you get into a new series and then want something collectible from it, only to find everything costs like $902940214812902804 dollars and/or is impossible to find (this is me and Jak & Daxter series atm)

- When someone buys something I wanted for the sole purpose of reselling it. It almost feels as if I've been taken advantage of when this happens...

- Crappy packaging. why would someone mail a collectible ANYTHING inside a flimsy cardboard box is beyond me. Or even worse, just wrapped in paper. Yes, I totally want my international shipments to arrive and look like they've been run over by a herd of elephants. You can't trust any postal service to not kick the crap out of a package, its all about packing things properly. :(

- GIANT BOXES. I have limited space, as I'm sure most everyone does. I don't know what I'm going to do if any series I collect for release anymore gigantic CEs. The Resistance 2 CE to me is a perfect size. It seems like they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

- As others have mentioned, the 28794147128579 versions of the same game across every different region possible.

HIPPEEDUDE
04-16-2012, 02:52 AM
- Crappy packaging. why would someone mail a collectible ANYTHING inside a flimsy cardboard box is beyond me. Or even worse, just wrapped in paper. Yes, I totally want my international shipments to arrive and look like they've been run over by a herd of elephants. You can't trust any postal service to not kick the crap out of a package, its all about packing things properly. :(

I had,what had to be the worse packed item in existance sent to me recently & i mean the worse. The guy that sent it must have had rocks in his head or something. I ordered an Assassins Creed White version,as most of us know they come in this nice white fairly largish box,you would think,ok i'll put it in a bigger box so it wont get damaged. Nope,what does this numnut dropkick idiot do,he puts it inside a large envelope!!, Yep,thats right it got sent to me jammed in a bloody envelope.:censored: doesnt do justice to what i thought when i got it

AJLareneg
04-16-2012, 03:51 AM
I had,what had to be the worse packed item in existance sent to me recently & i mean the worse. The guy that sent it must have had rocks in his head or something. I ordered an Assassins Creed White version,as most of us know they come in this nice white fairly largish box,you would think,ok i'll put it in a bigger box so it wont get damaged. Nope,what does this numnut dropkick idiot do,he puts it inside a large envelope!!, Yep,thats right it got sent to me jammed in a bloody envelope.:censored: doesnt do justice to what i thought when i got it

I had someone mail me a CE from overseas in nothing but a plastic bag. :\ so I definitely hear you on that.

HIPPEEDUDE
04-16-2012, 04:42 AM
I had someone mail me a CE from overseas in nothing but a plastic bag. :\ so I definitely hear you on that.

I had forgoten about the worse overseas postage until you mentioned it. I bought a brand new factory sealed etc Halo 3 Legendary edition from the US
when they first came out,real cheap it was so i was happy.....until i got it.'It was even a miracle i got it all. It arrived on my doorstep,not wrapped,
packed in a box or anything,the :censored: seller just put damn packing labels all over the box then sent it. It was completely ruined on the outside
when i got it,i just consider my self lucky i actially got it all.

Dr_Jengo
04-18-2012, 04:14 AM
The main 1 for me is CEs exclusive to certain stores that don't ship internationally!

Vlad
04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
- When multiple versions are released with different things. (AC3 being a perfect example of what I mean.)

- Folk that buy editions with the sole intent of selling them on eBay. Yeah, sure, good for you making money but it sucks for actual fans that missed out because you want to make money with normally a hugely inflated price.

- Preorder bonuses, especially when a variety of shops get different ones. I admit, it is a tad obsessive on my part but it makes me feel like I'm missing out on part of my game just because I didn't want to try and get four different codes. The exception to this is when it's released later as DLC, at least I could easily get it then.

- Buying a fancy edition at launch only for it to drop to a ridiculously low price not long after. (I'm looking at you Killzone 3 Helghast edition...)

- Running out of room to put all my stuff.

HIPPEEDUDE
04-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Spending money on yet more shelves to put stuff:(

HIPPEEDUDE
04-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Buying more shelves to put stuff on then realising you have nowhere to put the shelves in the first place:banghead:

Cosmic_Link
04-21-2012, 09:43 AM
- Preorder bonuses, especially when a variety of shops get different ones. I admit, it is a tad obsessive on my part but it makes me feel like I'm missing out on part of my game just because I didn't want to try and get four different codes. The exception to this is when it's released later as DLC, at least I could easily get it then.

Yeah, that is REALLY annoying. What's even more annoying is when you don't get a code because they didn't have enough to give out and you see them going for silly money on ebay... >.< AC:R Altair costume being a recent example of this. Being sold for upwards of £30 on ebay just for a poxy character skin! >.<

Another thing that annoys me about collecting is the last 3 months of the year when EVERY publisher releases their games right on top of each other and you either have to choose which ones you can live without or be broke for the whole of the Christmas period! >.<

rapister
04-21-2012, 01:04 PM
for me, the most annoying is LOST PACKAGES!

ESPECIALLY from a certain website which has a mostly-green layout
(shall not mention name)

rapister
04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
OH YES
for steelbook collectors

don't forget:

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd462/rapister/ding.jpg

Likey
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Good thread! I was going to create one like this but see that it was done a while back. :)

Some of these have already been mentioned but these are annoyances to me with further comments.

1. Buying a CE/LE on release date to realise the price drops shortly afterwards
- This is bad for loyal fans/collectors and discourages them to buy, which in turn could mean that companies are less likely to release CEs in the future due to poor sales

2. The contents of a CE vs LE isn't worth the price difference
- Making a CE with only a few extras that aren't worthy compared to a LE, a collection of DLCs are good but there also needs to be some substance instead of a code that once used cannot be transferred. Something physical like an artbook, a limited item/toy from the game/movie etc, an awesome box is always good.

3. The contents of CE/LE in various countries is different
- This makes it a nightmare for hardcore collectors who want every type out there
- Especially when there are different editions as well for each country

4. People on eBay stocking up on these on pre-order to sell for a major profit, claiming they are selling them because they are in need of money for an emergency
- Infuriating when it is sold out everywhere and the guy has like 10+ for sale

5. Parcels that aren't packaged well for delivery by seller or company
- This is a big problem because of lazy sellers or companies who have no understanding of the meaing 'Collectors item'

6. Parcels that have dents due to couriers not taking care of items e.g. dents, actual damage
- Same as above

7. If you missed out on a CE you will usually have to pay a lot to get hold of it, when you do it doesn't come in mint condition
- I'm referring to eBay and that's down to the seller

8. Regretting that you didn't buy the items on release date,
- Mainly because you wasn't interested at the time and now you're obsessed and want them all

9. CEs that aren't numbered
- Makes it less special

10. CEs that are numbered but gets increased due to
- This devalues your copy

I'm debating whether big advertising for CEs is good because the fewer that know the better so the hardcore collectors have a higher chance of getting a copy. But it's always nice to know where and when it is released, along with what content for each different edition.

John Doe
05-12-2012, 06:22 PM
In no particular order:

1. Thinking you are buying an extremely limited release and then seeing the same product still available months after release. The should be a law or something that forced the companies to tell how many copies will be made :D For example Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD collection was supposed to be "limited edition" but zavvi.com is still selling it and price just keeps dropping. For popular series like MGS there's just no way that limited edition can still be available after such a long period after release

2. Related to #1 it's also annoying when you see this so called "extremely limited" release selling for half the price when you bought it

3. One time use DLC content. This is propably the worst. I don't need my CEs to be shrink wrapped or brand new but I want them to have all the content. CEs with DLC basically force you to buy the release from store instead 2nd hand.

4. Thinking you are actually getting some exclusive DLC content to your game and then seeing the same stuff selling for few dollars on PSN etc after few weeks. CEs aren't really a value for the money thing anyway but it would be nice if some of the actual in-game content remained exclusive for CEs

5. Not being able to decide whether you should buy the CE now or wait for price drop. On one hand the product might actually sell out and then you might be forced to pay even more on eBay.

Bloodman
05-25-2012, 12:21 AM
The main 1 for me is CEs exclusive to certain stores that don't ship internationally!
THIS!

dicapo
05-25-2012, 05:50 PM
No money to buy the good stuff :( All the rare stuff is out of my reach.

HIPPEEDUDE
05-27-2012, 03:43 PM
No money to buy the good stuff :( All the rare stuff is out of my reach.

If you find the rare stuff they want stupid money for it & the one
whos selling it usually is just after money,they are mostly not
collectors.

Ringing a shop,who will remain nameless to be told they have it,asking
for it to be put aside & your on your way to get it. Then travel over an
hour to get it & then find they didnt have it to begin with or just sold it
to some other idiot:banghead:

Ringing same shop asking for something & being told yes we have 5 of
them here but one customer has reserved them all so we cant sell them.
When you hear that you know what you asked for will end up on Ebay
for three times or more the price that they paid for them:censored:

HIPPEEDUDE
05-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Writing to some tosspot asking if they will send you the item they have listed,
they then say yes they will. Then when you go to bid find they forgot to lift
the :censored: restriction so you cant bid & you miss out on it at a stupid price:(
How stupid you ask?? Try $20 for a Bayonettas Collectors Edition Guide

MoonTar
05-30-2012, 06:06 AM
People who list very rare items on Ebay for cheap BIN prices and you find out later that because you weren't on Ebay at the EXACT right time you missed out on an awesome item. - Although when you are on at the right time it's awesome. Kind of a "all or nothing" thing. Either extremely happy or very depressed.

Or people who list rare items and it is "pick-up only."

:(

kittychloe
06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
The word RARE on things that are not rare at all... This really annoys me especially for non boxed games or consoles.. Don't tell me a stock n64/playstation/gameboy is rare unless it's at minimum boxed I have that many 64's I've given a few away.. These things arnt rare.. Or if I can go down to my local secondhand store and pick up 6 of the game you are selling...

HIPPEEDUDE
06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
The word RARE on things that are not rare at all... This really annoys me especially for non boxed games or consoles.. Don't tell me a stock n64/playstation/gameboy is rare unless it's at minimum boxed I have that many 64's I've given a few away.. These things arnt rare.. Or if I can go down to my local secondhand store and pick up 6 of the game you are selling...

How about when they call something rare when it hasnt even
been released yet,i.e Borderland 2 Loot Edition,that many listings
calling it rare its ridiculous,almost as ridiculous as the price.
How much you ask,so far $900 is the most exspensive,lol

kittychloe
06-11-2012, 09:32 AM
How about when they call something rare when it hasnt even
been released yet,i.e Borderland 2 Loot Edition,that many listings
calling it rare its ridiculous,almost as ridiculous as the price.
How much you ask,so far $900 is the most exspensive,lol

Is that the aussie guy selling 3 of them with an eBay rep of 6? Though if they were selling for 900 I would consider putting mine up lol

HIPPEEDUDE
06-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Is that the aussie guy selling 3 of them with an eBay rep of 6? Though if they were selling for 900 I would consider putting mine up lol

Hadnt even looked on Ebay AU yet,these were the US Ebay.
Just had another look,found one with a buy now of $1000
& another with start bid of $500 but a buy now price of $1500.
Selling what you dont need or want is one thing but,this is major
overkill in profiteering,its utterly ridiculous.
If you want to sell yours you may get a bit for it,theres also another
thats been bid upto $450. :wtf:??

kittychloe
06-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Hadnt even looked on Ebay AU yet,these were the US Ebay.
Just had another look,found one with a buy now of $1000
& another with start bid of $500 but a buy now price of $1500.
Selling what you dont need or want is one thing but,this is major
overkill in profiteering,its utterly ridiculous.
If you want to sell yours you may get a bit for it,theres also another
thats been bid upto $450. :wtf:??

Let me know when they hit 10k :D
Although there's nothing illegal about it that does piss me off.. Although if he works at eb it may break some company rule. eBay needs a rule about selling pre orders like it used to have for scalping

thinkforgetfull
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
what annoys me is:
bad boxes - a certain retailer (who has a colour scheme of purple in the UK) sold me a sealed soul caliber V spec ed. I open it ( i wanted to listen to the soundtrack) and I see the whole spine of the book "case" has been ripped. it is obvious that the box has been "re-sealed"

Calling common things rare on ebay - I was looking for the vanquish steelbook case the other day, and I came across this listing.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASSASSIN-S-CREED-2-SUPER-RARE-LIMITED-STEELBOOK-/270996698885?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f18a97705#ht_796wt_1270

as cool as the box may be, it isnt what I would call "SUPER RARE!!!!11!!!!!One!!"

resellers- seriously, I am NOT gonna pay £180 for a CE that was released last month.

vhal_x
06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
That AC steelbook actually is pretty rare, although I do understand what you mean.

I hate resellers too :) xx

MLSxGHOST
07-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Figuring out whether or not to put my figures on display, should I keep my games in my steelbooks?

Shelf ware on paper boxs!!!

PAL or NTSC-J Exclusive ce's!

Not enough room!

Not enough Money!

steelbookdave
07-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Country specific store exclusive editions just kill me. Trying to track down something in German, Canada, Japan... I swear I work harder trying to fill my collection then I do at my job :)

Kusuriuri
07-29-2012, 01:39 PM
international shipping prices just freaks me out.

For example a 10 dollars ..thats costs 48 dollars to ship....really? -..-

Dr_Jengo
08-02-2012, 04:32 AM
international shipping prices just freaks me out.

For example a 10 dollars ..thats costs 48 dollars to ship....really? -..-

Have to agree, had to put off purchasing lots of stuff because of ridiculous shipping.

Lizard Slayer
08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
1) I live in the US so I hate that so many of the good ones are not released here and cost a small fortune to purchase and have shipped over, not to mention the rather large chance of getting damaged on the way.

2) I am super picky about condition and I have the hardest time finding games in good condition because very few people/company's know how to ship a game. I have bought games on Ebay that cost $100's and are shipped in unpadded envelopes! Most stores ship in either gray bags or boxes without enough packing to hold it place.

3) Way too many of some games being produced. When I buy something that it supposed to be "limited" and "rare" I don't expect them to be selling for the next 10 freaking years!

Lizard Slayer
08-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I see a lot of people talking about over seas shipping costs and wanted to add that it seems to cost more coming from the US than it does coming to it, I can get things shipped to me for far less than I can ship them out, am I wrong about that?

Xmo
08-04-2012, 11:00 PM
I am trying to save money but I am always tempted to buy something :/
ARGH!!!

HIPPEEDUDE
08-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Having to sell some things because you are running out of room.

On shipping costs,its always going to be a killer when it comes to a deal. Many times i have paid more for shipping than what the actual item costs but,the one consolation is when i have done that it still works out cheaper than what the item would normally cost by itself. As an example,a new sealed Fallout 3 GOTY collectors guide is averaging $100+ i got one sent to me including postage for $90,postage was $50 & the book was $40. So to me thats a win & i dont mind the postage being higher than the cost of the item.

AJLareneg
08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
I see a lot of people talking about over seas shipping costs and wanted to add that it seems to cost more coming from the US than it does coming to it, I can get things shipped to me for far less than I can ship them out, am I wrong about that?

In my experience that isn't very typical. International postage usually costs more coming in... unless you are using a commercial shipper vs usps (ie: UPS and Fed Ex will be a lot more)

bbki
08-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Got caught...

I hate when people know that 30 years of age and you still collect stupid stuff.

Just a moment ago my assistance accidentally open my box and found thundercat figurine and gave me a look of disapproval.

Sometime I have to wait until my GF go to sleep to sneak stuff into attic.
Very frustrating time indeed.

toxicatom5
08-07-2012, 01:07 AM
That sucks. There are definitely people who I'm comfortable having know / not know about my collecting. People at work are firmly in the "not know" category. Hope your assistant doesn't cause to much trouble for you.

bbki
08-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Nah...not that suck...well..a little bit
I just wanna keep my remaining street cred intact that is haha.

Lemur
08-07-2012, 03:01 AM
Got caught...

I hate when people know that 30 years of age and you still collect stupid stuff.

Just a moment ago my assistance accidentally open my box and found thundercat figurine and gave me a look of disapproval.

Sometime I have to wait until my GF go to sleep to sneak stuff into attic.
Very frustrating time indeed.

LOL what if your gf clears the attic? :rotf:

Lemur
08-07-2012, 03:08 AM
That sucks. There are definitely people who I'm comfortable having know / not know about my collecting. People at work are firmly in the "not know" category. Hope your assistant doesn't cause to much trouble for you.

Everyone in my workplace knows I play/collect PS3 games. I even unbox some in office once I get them. Usually everyone is curious and crowds around to see what's in the box. The LBP2 CE got the best reactions from the girls so far. "So cute", "Hey I want 1 of those" :barsong:

toxicatom5
08-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Most of my coworkers are twice my age or older. Would be funny to have them crowd around to watch an unboxing though, lol!

kittychloe
08-12-2012, 05:41 AM
The most annoying thing atm for me is trying to get anything imported from japan, ebay has a habbit of charging 2 - 4 times the rrp for any CE, or its sold out or the import methods and costs end up costing double the original value..

TheVoidDragon
08-21-2012, 10:27 PM
AC:R Altair costume being a recent example of this. Being sold for upwards of £30 on ebay just for a poxy character skin! >.<

Is that the one that was given as a pre-order bonus by Play.com? About 6 months after the game came out and having asked them at least 10 times to send me my code but only receiving the automated "we are looking into it" sort of replies they finally sent me mine. I had no idea it was worth that much, if that's the right one.

HIPPEEDUDE
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
It is now a sad fact because there are so many different download codes etc for the newly released games people are reselling them left right & centre. I just saw a DLC for Darksiders 2 end at $65,bloody ridiculous for something that was free to begin with

Another thing i find a pain at the moment is all the empty boxes. You put some things on display but you know you must keep the box in nice condition as well,so you have to find storage for all these as well. Heap big pain in the but for large console boxes or GOW Lancers,lol

vhal_x
08-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Severe lack of money.

I see too many things I want to preorder, and despite knowing I won't be able to afford them all, preorder them anyway just in case :haha: Having to cancel quite a few movie CEs/steels over the next few months as I have too many :( xx

AJLareneg
08-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Severe lack of money.

I see too many things I want to preorder, and despite knowing I won't be able to afford them all, preorder them anyway just in case :haha: Having to cancel quite a few movie CEs/steels over the next few months as I have too many :( xx
Yes I have this issue sometimes as well, but I tend not to pre-order until I can get the money together...

It's sometimes annoying it seems they announce these things so close to the release date of whatever it is though. :( I like having some time to save up. Especially if they're highly priced.

vhal_x
08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I wish they'd announce things at least 6 months in advance, to give you adequate preparing time... but sadly, this is rarely the case xx

Saturn
08-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Finding items that sellers or stores refuse to ship to you

Major lack of money and no future.

TrashyBadgers
08-29-2012, 11:13 PM
1.Missing a CE then later looking for it after release but it is way more expensive than it was first time round.
2.When a seller lists an item as being in a good or even new condition but it looks like a pile of crap.
3.Dents in steelbooks :banghead:

evilvort3x
08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
well.. i dont have really any problems with it.. all my stuff stays sealed.. but getting stuff after release and it costs more..annoys me the most.

Queeny
08-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Finding items that sellers or stores refuse to ship to you

Major lack of money and no future.

1.Missing a CE then later looking for it after release but it is way more expensive than it was first time round.
2.When a seller lists an item as being in a good or even new condition but it looks like a pile of crap.

Both of you said what's on my mind ! :beg:
but i'll add this : our local store before only bring the standard edition!
and it was in a high price at that time ..
but with time they knew that players want to have other options specially who loves to collect items ! that's why it was so hard for me before :this:

honestly ,
there is a lot's of things i want to add to my collection , but i can't get them because of some of the reasons ..

but still i'm better than others .. thank god my collection with time increase .. it's better than nothing right . i'm looking from time to time to add more and more to it .

sorry for my bad English , it's my 2nd language .. :blackeye:

TrashyBadgers
08-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Another thing I sometimes find frustrating is when the USA gets a better version of a CE, as I live in the UK this happens a lot, 2 examples are Mortal Kombat and Arkham Asylum.

Saturn
08-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Another thing I sometimes find frustrating is when the USA gets a better version of a CE, as I live in the UK this happens a lot, 2 examples are Mortal Kombat and Arkham Asylum.

True, true, and that was very very common in the past. But nowadays, we've been receiving some amazing stuff they don't.

Queeny
08-30-2012, 01:22 AM
^
indeed !
but you see , it's ok .. i can order both of them "I Just have to decide which one i want the most "
this is for PS3 ... since it's Region Free ..
but it's hard for the other game consoles :P