PDA

View Full Version : CE for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition?

The Russian Bear
04-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Now that the PC "Prepare to Die" Edition is pretty much confirmed, what do you think the chances are for it getting a CE/LE similar to the console pre-order bonus one. I'd like to think so. Be a shame to get all the advantages of having it on PC + the new bosses but no CE. Your thoughts?

Letrico
04-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Well if they did have a CE it will most probably be like the european CE which includes mostly digital contents =/.

LiquidEffect
04-12-2012, 03:38 AM
I might pick it up

The Russian Bear
04-12-2012, 04:11 AM
and then Namco Bandai decide to do the most retarded thing possible and lumber us with GFWL instead of Steamworks or DRM free.

Gemini-Phoenix
04-13-2012, 02:28 AM
I doubt consoles will get a similar CE so long after the game was released. The only reason the PC is getting one is because it has been delayed for so long that they're trying to make it sweet enough for PC gamers to buy, especially when the console version has been out for this long

With Digital Downloads being cheaper, they also have to give consumers a good reason to buy the physical version

The Russian Bear
04-13-2012, 02:57 AM
I doubt consoles will get a similar CE so long after the game was released. The only reason the PC is getting one is because it has been delayed for so long that they're trying to make it sweet enough for PC gamers to buy, especially when the console version has been out for this long

With Digital Downloads being cheaper, they also have to give consumers a good reason to buy the physical version

I meant do you think the PC version will get a CE for the release of the prepare to die edition.

Gemini-Phoenix
04-13-2012, 03:19 AM
I meant do you think the PC version will get a CE for the release of the prepare to die edition.

Oh right. In which case, I'm not sure, as there are reasons both for and against doing so. Obvously being released so long after the console versions will be a factor, so they may feel that they need to do something special in order to make it appeal, but then again they may not think it's worth it

The Russian Bear
04-13-2012, 03:31 AM
True, seeing as the majority of sales will be made via digital distribution (So long as its on Steam) but then again that didn't stop the Alan Wake publishers (Who made their money back in 48 hours, solely from digital distribution) from bringing out a CE for the PC version.

Wonder if they will bring the extra bosses and areas to console. Unless of course the rumours about the new content was actually just cut from console versions because they couldn't run it where true (Possibly worse than Blighttown frame rate).