PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - The Walking Dead - Standard Comics

foreverflash
04-17-2012, 01:42 AM
I recently became a fan of EVERYTHING for The Walking Dead by Image Comics/Skybound. To make a long story short, I'm finding it very difficult to locate a central source (retailer) online that sells "The Walking Dead" comics (the standard comic issues, released monthly - not so much the "collected" volumes and hardcover specials - those you can find everywhere).

There is Skybound.com which is the publisher and retailer for Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead series. But Skybound does not have any of the regular comic issues for sale, just collected volumes and other goodies.

There is Shadowlineonline.com, which is also a directly related site/company for Image Comics but they don't have anything Walking Dead related.

So far, the only online shop I've found that even has the comics listed is
mycomicshop.com But almost everything they have is out of stock!

I would like to find a central source where I can just buy everything Walking Dead comics related in one place (including the ACTUAL comics themselves, any current issues releasing or preorders), but I just can't find it! I find collectible busts on some retailers (for the TV series), then I find some graphic novel hardcovers and special releases on amazon.com and ebay.

There are other online shops that have collectibles, books and tshirts but NOT THE comics!! This is beyond frustrating.

:rant:

Robalvarez2010
04-17-2012, 02:02 AM
The only way to find the first original prints are on eBay. I was able to collect the whole series when it first came out. I had to buy them because I am a big zombie fan. I love the series, can't wait for it to start again. I even have a couple of the comics autographed by Robert kirkman.

foreverflash
04-17-2012, 02:07 AM
The only way to find the first original prints are on eBay. I was able to collect the whole series when it first came out. I had to buy them because I am a big zombie fan. I love the series, can't wait for it to start again. I even have a couple of the comics autographed by Robert kirkman.But why is the standard issue comic series for Walking Dead so obscure and hard to find? Why is there not one central retailer that mainly sells Image Comics? I just don't get it. You can find Marvel, DC and Dark Horse comics at every comics retailer online, but practically NOTHING for Image/Skybound. I mean it's not like they are from 50 years ago. We're talking about 2003 here. Not even 10 years for Walking Dead series by Kirkman.

Where did you buy all the comics when they first came out? Did you buy them online or at a local shop?

Do you know of a central online shop where all Walking Dead stuff is released through? Or is it just random releasing to various retailers?

And what's this about the series starting again? As far as I know the original comic series is still going strong at #96, with plans to go up to #100 and beyond...

or were you talking about Season 3 for the TV series? When does that start airing anyway?

Robalvarez2010
04-17-2012, 05:27 AM
The show airs again in October. They now made reprints of the standard issues from when they were first released. The first prints you won't really find in any comic book store and if you do get ready to pay a good amount for them. The first issue sold for $925 two months ago. It's like the uncharted Nolan north journal. The first batch are called first edition, if they make another batch they won't be as valuable as the first prints. That's why it's going to be hard if you find the first prints. The reprints have a yellow border on the side when the standard ones don't. I purchased mines when they first came out at my local comic book store. I have every one that has come out. I honestly never thought that these will be worth money, but I guess I was wrong.

foreverflash
04-17-2012, 05:39 AM
The show airs again in October. They now made reprints of the standard issues from when they were first released. The first prints you won't really find in any comic book store and if you do get ready to pay a good amount for them. The first issue sold for $925 two months ago. It's like the uncharted Nolan north journal. The first batch are called first edition, if they make another batch they won't be as valuable as the first prints. That's why it's going to be hard if you find the first prints. The reprints have a yellow border on the side when the standard ones don't. I purchased mines when they first came out at my local comic book store. I have every one that has come out. I honestly never thought that these will be worth money, but I guess I was wrong.Hey thanks for the info! I didn't know that about first prints/second prints. I have not seen any second printings for this series so far. If it was printed twice, why do most ONLINE comic shops still not have any in stock? Is the series honestly that popular? So I assume you bought the comics at a physical comic shop near you?

The thing is,

I need to know where to buy the comics ONLINE. Can you help me with this? So far I only found 1 site that lists the whole series, mycomicshop.com (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/mycomicshop.com) and they are sold out of everything (first prints or second prints).

Robalvarez2010
04-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Let me check tomorrow here by house to see if they have. They at first were not that popular but since the show started it has gotten out of control. I personally love the series especially the show. I hate that we har to wait about 5 months to see it again. Next season it's going to be in the prison. They left me in shock when they killed dale and Shane. But I will find out for you.

foreverflash
04-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Let me check tomorrow here by house to see if they have. They at first were not that popular but since the show started it has gotten out of control. I personally love the series especially the show. I hate that we har to wait about 5 months to see it again. Next season it's going to be in the prison. They left me in shock when they killed dale and Shane. But I will find out for you.In this case with a series I love and want, I don't care about 1st or 2nd prins. I just want to get the comics at a resonable price! I can't afford to buy all 96 comics right now but I'd like to start somewhere! I just got a few issues off that shop I linked you, but if I cant at least start w/ issues 1-10 2nd prints I'd love that. That'd be a great start.

I've already begun collecting the hardcovers and volumes. I will soon get the Omnibus editions and the Compendium.

Thank you for the help Rob! Thank you so much! Don't spoil the show for me as I haven't seen season 2. I just only got into Dead Walking a month ago! :P But already I'm a fan for life. The TV show and comics are incredible!

Robalvarez2010
04-17-2012, 04:30 PM
In this case with a series I love and want, I don't care about 1st or 2nd prins. I just want to get the comics at a resonable price! I can't afford to buy all 96 comics right now but I'd like to start somewhere! I just got a few issues off that shop I linked you, but if I cant at least start w/ issues 1-10 2nd prints I'd love that. That'd be a great start.

I've already begun collecting the hardcovers and volumes. I will soon get the Omnibus editions and the Compendium.

Thank you for the help Rob! Thank you so much! Don't spoil the show for me as I haven't seen season 2. I just only got into Dead Walking a month ago! :P But already I'm a fan for life. The TV show and comics are incredible!

Sorry about that I did not mean to spoil anything. I thought you would have seen it already. Dont worry you will love everything about the show. The shop around my house was closed today because they left on vacation and will be back tomorrow. You know what store for sure has it and if I am not mistaken they deliver it. That show comic book men. I think its called jay and silent bob. They have a show and you could always see the walking dead comics. I dont know if they are in new york or california.