PDA

View Full Version : What was your first collector edition game

Robalvarez2010
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi guys I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. What got you into collecting.

2. What was the first collectors edition game that you purchased.

3. And what do you consider is your most valuable, your most prized possession in your collection. The one that you just love to look at everyday, and tell yourself that you cant believe you have it.

For me

1. I would have to say my dad because he has always collected baseball cards and coins and very old guns. So that got me into collecting cards and comic books when I was younger, and when I started buying ps3 games and saw the games that I was purchasing with a collector I will buy that instead of the regular game.

2. It was Mortal Kombat vs Dc Collectors Edition

3. This one for me is a tough one since I love my whole Uncharted collection. But since I have to choose one it will have to be my Ps3 console autographed by the Naughty Dog team. I just love looking at it and knowing that I am the only one that has it.

Cosmic_Link
04-28-2012, 10:51 PM
1. When I started working, I decided that I would rather buy CE games instead of standard eds, as I'd rather spend a little more money for a nice package with extra goodies, instead of spending £40 on a disk in a box... So because of that logic, I always look at getting a CE of a game I want. If there's not a CE, I will go without! XD

2. My First Collector's editions were Forza Motorsport 2 and Bioshock got the xbox. Got them both at the same time, when I got my xbox 360. :D

3. There isn't one specific item in my collection which I love seeing everyday. However, every time I look around me and see all my Zelda F4F statues, it always makes me glad that I have a full set, so far, and it hasn't cost me half the price of what people are paying to own them now! :D

zhaff2004
04-29-2012, 01:18 AM
I just liked to collect things, started off ages ago with Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and just went with it I guess...

First Collectors Edition I ever got was the warcraft 3 collectors edition for PC... that was really cool

SwiftDeath
11-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Digging up old threads is hard work......

Sad that the OP is getting out of the game but life must go on

1. I bought my first couple collector's editions because I especially loved those specific games and in some twisted logic thought that the producers of those games deserved more of my money and in return i should get nice extras :)

2. First CE that I went out of my way to get was the US Assassin's Creed Limited Edition for PS3. Man does it have a tiny statue....

3. I have since really got into steelbook collecting and looking at specific steels in my collection makes me far happier than it should :rotf:

Cosmic_Link
11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm surprised that there wasn't more people who posted in this thread! >.<

With regards to my post in this thread, if you want to consider it, my Zelda GBA SP Minish cap bundle would have been my first CE, thinking about it! :P it cost about the same price as a CE nowadays would. Usual CE's 80-100GBP for a game with other goodies to promote the game. Zelda Bundle GBA SP bundle, A copy of the game in special packaging accompanied by a console for 100GBP. :P Same thing! :P

comaamen86
11-23-2012, 12:45 AM
fallout 3 i needed something to put me lunch in

Thetof91
11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
1. Well if you talk about collecting on game stuff it is my girlfriend, she kind of started it. Because she gave med the AC:2 Brotherhood Codex Edition for x-mas 1 year. And that kind started my collecting on gaming stuff. But I have kind of always collect on something. Started out with collecting pokemon cards of cause. And then I collect on icehockey pins and sew badges, from the clubs I have been and watch a game. That was my dad that started that collecting with me, and have kept doing it even after he passed away some years ago. Then also collect on hockey pucks with the different clubs.

2. The first edition I got was the Codex Edition, but the first I bought on my own was the AC:2 Revalations Animus Edition.

3. Right now I would say it is my Ryze and Tryndamere statues, that Xmo help me get. So hard to get them with out the price be crazy high. So very glad over I have them. They are just so nice :D

vhal_x
11-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Not sure what my first CE was tbh, I always think I know, but then I remember that I got something before it, or realise it was actually Allan that bought it.

The first CE that Allan bought was the Gears of War 2 CE, he got that years before he even started collecting, just bought it because it wasn't much more expensive than the standard copy and he thought it looked cool :haha:

My most valuable/most prized possession... I really don't know. I value all of my things equally tbh, as there's not one that I like the least. I sometimes have a "favourite" but that tends to just be whichever one I've recently received, and then is replaced by a new "favourite" when I get my next delivery :haha:

Man, I suck at these questions :rotf: xx

Platfus
11-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I was fan of AC for years, and one day before AC:R release on 1.12.2011. I had AC2 digital, AC1 and AC Bloodlines. I decided i am big fan, so why wont buy CE? So I bought ACR CE and started collecting.

Yep, as you now know my first CE was ACR CE.

I love my Codex ed. and Gift Edition. Also Auditore. I am not proud i have'em, i just love'em. Proud of Gift edition and AC2 Black. Will be proud of Master assassin.

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

LowlyAssassin
11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
1 would be the art work and bonus content the used to offer in CE's
2 way back on launch day in 2002
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JkQmY34UHSA/UK3ZCh70QaI/AAAAAAAAAfM/v8rR_PN9yB0/s576/IMG_20121122_074731.jpg

3 the pride of my overall collection would be a
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7u9CrvLCdVQ/UGhL_uBs82I/AAAAAAAAAJk/wGcyWJdvDDY/s576/IMG_20120930_135929.jpg
panasonic 3DO FZ1 REAL I cannot remember how or when I got hold of that thing but its in my collection so can't complain
Or this SNK Neo Geo
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Kd7FJpue1r4/UGhLngbjPuI/AAAAAAAAAI0/BfgOXwuQwsg/s576/IMG_20120930_140232.jpg

gu8
11-23-2012, 11:58 AM
im well late to the party, purely by accident mine was/is splinter cell conviction

boo hiss

LowlyAssassin
11-23-2012, 12:11 PM
im well late to the party, purely by accident mine was/is splinter cell conviction

boo hiss

But why that game
And I'm between age of mythology CE in 2002 and assassins creed CE's in 2009 I did not buy any CE's

gu8
11-23-2012, 01:42 PM
it was reduced at game.co.uk to 7.99 i think, they sent me 2 so i opened one, completed game ( on extreme difficulty i might add ). sold that and kept the other one sealed

comaamen86
11-23-2012, 04:20 PM
someone bought a 3do :scratch:

got that sc ce is that the one with the figure? twas me first figure

NaughtyDogJames
11-23-2012, 04:56 PM
1. Ingmar, Jugo and Xed's collections.
2. Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition
3. Uncharted DF Press Kit

Bloodman
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM
1. My passion for games :)
2.My 1st collector's edition was Starcraft 2 and then WoW:Cataclysm CE but i started collecting some months ago With Batman AC CE and now i have 20 Collector's Edition and many other stuff(figures posters, etc etc.)
3. Well i don't have many extremely rare things in my collection but I love my AC2 Black Edition

PS: I only buy things i like about games i like and not just because something is rare.

PS2 I don't keep anything sealed :P I prefer owning something i enjoy than owning a box that costs more ( to be honest sometimes i think if i should open it or keep it sealed but then.. i open it and i forget about it lol)

LowlyAssassin
11-23-2012, 07:06 PM
someone bought a 3do :scratch:

got that sc ce is that the one with the figure? twas me first figure

Ye my collection was incomplete without it
Still no idea when I got it
Sometime in the last 2 years but apart from that I'm clueless
my next purchase is a Magnavox oddysey

comaamen86
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM

retro fan? i read retro gamer once and shuddered like a nam vet, let us never go back to those times, still own a master system though and operation wolf

gu8
11-23-2012, 07:24 PM
operation wolf, wow, helluvagame that

Cosmic_Link
11-23-2012, 07:37 PM
operation wolf, wow, helluvagame that

http://phantomcomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/w0109200908.png

:taunt:

vhal_x
11-23-2012, 07:38 PM
:rotf: xx

LowlyAssassin
11-23-2012, 07:44 PM
retro fan? i read retro gamer once and shuddered like a nam vet, let us never go back to those times, still own a master system though and operation wolf

Yea I have a huge collection
Really need to shut down my intro thread and make a new one with a section for hardware
Assassins creed and other
As assassins creed is way less then half of my collection

gu8
11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
haha cosmic thats the shout of the year that mate, proper nearly had tears rolling down my eyes after seeing that

best .gif ever, even beating madigans classics

comaamen86
11-23-2012, 09:16 PM
op wolf was great when i was 8 still got the gun got moonwalker , go around teabagging crying children, got an atari 2600 was scared of it because of the noise when i was a kid

Matrix6
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Final Fantasy VIII Collector's Edition [PAL].
Anybody got a sealed copy? :barsong:

rapidly-greying
11-24-2012, 01:48 PM
My first one was back in the PS1 days when I found the fancy version of Castlevania Symphony Of The Night in a Dixons bargain bin for 20 pounds:haha:

That's not what got me into collecting though, it was the instant regret I felt upon selling it that got me into collecting properly:suicide::banghead::suicide:

I will get it back one day,I swear I will:-/

kittychloe
11-24-2012, 06:57 PM
im probably going to go with halo 2.. because i cant remember much before that as i had very little new games until the xbox came out

geralds
11-24-2012, 06:59 PM
1 would be the art work and bonus content the used to offer in CE's
2 way back on launch day in 2002
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JkQmY34UHSA/UK3ZCh70QaI/AAAAAAAAAfM/v8rR_PN9yB0/s576/IMG_20121122_074731.jpg

3 the pride of my overall collection would be a
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7u9CrvLCdVQ/UGhL_uBs82I/AAAAAAAAAJk/wGcyWJdvDDY/s576/IMG_20120930_135929.jpg
panasonic 3DO FZ1 REAL I cannot remember how or when I got hold of that thing but its in my collection so can't complain
Or this SNK Neo Geo
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Kd7FJpue1r4/UGhLngbjPuI/AAAAAAAAAI0/BfgOXwuQwsg/s576/IMG_20120930_140232.jpg

Go go neo geo that is true collectors if you ask me freeking expensive as hell games lol. I shouldnt complain though as i own quit a few neo geo aes games myself lmao.

kittychloe
11-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Ive been eying off the Magnavox for a while too.. just never have the spare $500 to lay down on it

LowlyAssassin
11-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I've sewn a couple around the 300 USD mark but its a trade off between damage to the box vs price

Johnny
11-25-2012, 03:22 AM
My first collectors edition...I really don't remember, but i think it was the Metal Gear Solid 1 Premium Package.

thinkforgetfull
11-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't know if it counts as a collectors edition per se, but my first console was a pikachu yellow GBC ( with Pokemon yellow). I was really happy when I found it the other day with my gold Pikachu/pichu GBA. it isn't "valuable", but to me, most valuable thing in my collection.

SwiftDeath
11-26-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't know if it counts as a collectors edition per se, but my first console was a pikachu yellow GBC ( with Pokemon yellow). I was really happy when I found it the other day with my gold Pikachu/pichu GBA. it isn't "valuable", but to me, most valuable thing in my collection.

That totally counts :D

Btw I'm not that knowledge about consoles in general, especially retro stuff, but I've seen game boy colors sell pretty well. I think that pikachu yellow is highly desired by collectors. It could be worth money. Probably not a million dollars but maybe around the 100 USD mark in good condition? Maybe more? Again don't take my word for it. But still awesome nonetheless

LowlyAssassin
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Yea the older retro 8 bit and earlier is lowering in price as the people that want it have it.
And the newer stuff is going up in price as people slowly expand there collections
I just found a 3do fz1 going for 44 GBP and the second hand price only 2 years back was 250 plus

sirjoshd109
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
For me fable 2 did the trick I got the game and the guide and was looking for it when I saw the master chief suit which I would never have, So I made it my mission if it was a game I liked I was getting the best edition of it, Fable 3 was my first limited edition, but my favorite has to be my Epic edition of gears 3 it's just soo cool and its the expensive one I've bought so there.

arumisan
12-01-2012, 02:16 AM
As I started collecting games rather late, I think my first (real) limited edition was the Dissidia PAL limited edition that I received from my high school friends as a birthday present.