PDA

View Full Version : Where To Find the Best Rare Stuff to Pre-order?

WolfArvak
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I am wondering what kind of replies I will get on this forum, I am not talking about collector editions that you can buy anywhere, I mean the items that become extremely limited and RARE, how do you find out about the releases and able to pre-order them?:bunny:

vhal_x
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
It's just a game of chance really, none of us can tell you what WILL 100% become the RARE releases, as it goes either way, believe me, a lot of us will be able to tell you, too many times we've preordered something, only for it to half in price after 3 weeks due to being widely available, or we've left something thinking it's gonna be overproduced, only for it to sell out before release and go way up in price on ebay :facepalm: xx

WolfArvak
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks Site Princess well said :spiteful: Do you know how many times I stared at this site in awe looking at new releases but never had anything to contribute? Now of a sudden here i am,, I made the mistake of cancelling my Mass Effect 3 CE on amazon at last minute saying why do I need all these games months ago, and then it was sold out everywhere a week before release. It would be cool if some of these releases from other countries are categorized in a particular website like the collectors edition here does not show all the rarities my fellow forum members have showed me do exist, kind of like what future group does but to show it worldwide and how to get it, I would love to contribute to a site like that :))

vhal_x
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah, we show releases from all over the world on here, but trying to keep up is extremely difficult - as is trying to preorder all the ones you want (as you end up realising very soon that you sadly don't have £1,000,000 to spend every month LOL) :)

It's very infuriating when you discover that you've missed out on certain releases, so I tend to be on here everyday, keeping myself informed :P

Contribute on here :D Everytime you see a new release that hasn't been posted or something, just post it on here :) That's what we all try to do, to ensure we all have good chance of getting all of the CEs we desire :P xx

WolfArvak
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
:) I will try :) I guess what I mean is as an example: Bioware= and to list the new games and the limited items with those particular games, or VALVE, we will not get all of them of course, but alot of people will know that it is available or out there somewhere:DDD

twistedsymphony
05-03-2012, 01:58 AM
keep a close eye on the additions and corrections forum: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

if a new CE is announced someone will almost always post it there very quickly

if you're looking for stuff that has been already been released then just visit the database here: http://collectorsedition.org/game-db

I would say between the database and the A&C forum you will know about 90% of the releases this generation.

SquirrelRaper
05-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Oh, do you mean items that are not available for normal retail?

WolfArvak
05-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Yes :_)))

HIPPEEDUDE
05-03-2012, 05:37 AM
You will hardly ever find out about stuff thats not for normal retail.
These sort of things usually get given to the privilaged few such
as Game stores managers/owners,developers families,press or those
simply in the know just to name a few. As an example,quite awhile
ago microsoft sent out to a few game store managers a valentines
xbox 36o controller,obviously red in color sitting inside a nice velvet
lined red box with a happy valentines day card from microsoft. Not
many would know this or probably have ever seen one. There are
always weird combos done as well by other resellers with the permision
of the developer,Fallout 3 is the first to spring to mind. Amazon did an
Amazon only release of this game called the Fallout 3 Survival Edition,
which included the standard Fallout 3 lunchbox collectors edition
& a replica Pipboy3000 all in nice fancy packaging.
All you can do is go through everything you can possibly think of,read everything
follow all possible leads until its either a dead end or you end up triumphant

WolfArvak
05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks HIppiedude it reminds me of the Mass Effect Cerberus Box that was on ebay, it was a contest from 1up, and a guy sold it for quite a bit, it had ME2 xbox and pc CE sealed, signed stuff, all the books etc in a amazing box, that is what kind of stirred me on to finding out about those releases cause you are right Bioware or Mass Effect does not mention it anywhere

rapister
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Nothing is not bought, everything is preordered.
-Collectors' Creed