PDA

View Full Version : Is Max Payne 3 SE worth it?

Xmo
05-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Its $100, what do you guys think about it? Is anyone else be getting it? I have not played the game before but seen the movie of it.

Riel
05-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Max Payne movie is something that should never existed.
1st and second game were hard but really good so if you don't mind old graphics and little clunky controls I recommend it

on MP 3 well I canceled mine special edition because I needed money for something else and lost 300euro I might pick it up later based on price and how good game really is
as for content of MP3 SE... I think it is little overpriced compared to some other games

gu8
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
mass produced turkey, think duke nukem balls of steel

evilvort3x
05-07-2012, 09:31 PM
gu8 i thought same... think i will cancel mine :D

Likey
05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
You just know it'll drop in price in a month. :/

zhaff2004
05-07-2012, 10:06 PM
come on guys, no love for MP3? This is going to be awesome man! Xmo, you should play the 1st two games, both really really good. (Just don't play them on PS2, that didn't turn out too well)

Xmo
05-08-2012, 04:01 AM
mass produced turkey, think duke nukem balls of steel

gu8 i thought same... think i will cancel mine :D

You just know it'll drop in price in a month. :/

So since y'all from UK, will 60 GBP convince you to buy the special edition?

jugolicious
05-08-2012, 04:12 AM
come on guys, no love for MP3? This is going to be awesome man! Xmo, you should play the 1st two games, both really really good. (Just don't play them on PS2, that didn't turn out too well)

Lots of love for the game itself :) but, the SE will be mass produced, will be better to wait a little for a price drop on this.

zhaff2004
05-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Lots of love for the game itself :) but, the SE will be mass produced, will be better to wait a little for a price drop on this.

I suppose... I ended up paying $50 for it as I traded in two older games at the local gamestop, so I suppose its not all that bad

Solemn_In_Berlin
05-08-2012, 04:22 AM
The movie was...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

a Payne in the ass.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

Anyway, I think it'll be worth it quality-wise, but you're best laying off until the inevitable price drop.

The game is gonna be so damn sick. I love how fluid the transition is from cutscene to gameplay. I love how the animation system works really well. I love how it stays true to the Max Payne franchise whilst still finding ways to be innovative. I love how the game doesn't even need multiplayer, but they still managed to make multiplayer that isn't forcibly shoved down our throats, but multiplayer that is looking to be one of the best of the year. I love how it looks like to be one of the top 5 contenders for GOTY. :drool: <3

Yeah, I know you didn't ask if Max Payne 3 will be worth it, but I'm just so hyped right now. :P

zhaff2004
05-08-2012, 04:27 AM
The movie was...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

a Payne in the ass.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

Anyway, I think it'll be worth it quality-wise, but you're best laying off until the inevitable price drop.

The game is gonna be so damn sick. I love how fluid the transition is from cutscene to gameplay. I love how the animation system works really well. I love how it stays true the Max Payne franchise whilst still finding ways to be innovative. I love how the game doesn't even need multiplayer, but they still managed to make multiplayer that isn't forcibly shoved down our throats, but multiplayer that is looking to be one of the best of the year. I love how it looks like to be one of the top 5 contenders for GOTY. :drool: <3

Yeah, I know you didn't ask if Max Payne 3 will be worth it, but I'm just so hyped right now. :P

Mr CM Punk over here knows whats up

Solemn_In_Berlin
05-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Mr CM Punk over here knows whats up

That is because I am the best in the world! Straight edge means I am better than you! :rant:

Kidding aside, the Max Payne games were really a big part of my childhood and from the trailers and previews Rockstar and top gaming sites have provided, the third looks to be compelling; if not groundbreaking.

Resseh
05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
So since y'all from UK, will 60 GBP convince you to buy the special edition?

its £60 in the uk? :o

although i think £40 is my pricepoint on this one.

davidw
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Do you know something i don't - where is it for sale for £60?

vhal_x
05-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I thought £80 was the cheapest it was available anywhere?

On the the topic of the thread, I think it has a small chance of dropping in price, but I'm not willing to take that risk. Buying this as a present for my boyfriend's birthday anyway xx

vhal_x
05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I think everyone has read what Xmo wrote wrongly.

He was replying to everyone who said it's gonna drop in price, and he asked "well would £60 make you buy it?" As in, if it dropped to £60, would you buy it, or would you want to wait till it dropped lower xx

davidw
05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
It's hard to say i'd be getting the game anyway so that is £40-ish so for £80 i'm getting the game, still life art prints which i actually really like - original idea at least, the soundtrack (which every CE should have - looking at you Hitman) some DLC, the bullet keychain and then finally the 10" Max Payne statue which by the pictures looks awesome - i think that is a pretty sweet deal - yeah it could come down in price but everything does if that was the case i'd buy nothing at all! - also you do have to remember this is Rockstar and as far as i know they don't cut the prices of their games very often at least not so close to the release....

vhal_x
05-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, an extra £40 for that content is really good so I don't mind paying it, especially as it's a present for my boyfriend (that's really kinda a gift for us both LOL) - even if it does drop in price, it's still worth what I'm paying for it xx

davidw
05-08-2012, 10:00 AM
but i will admit so shops are charging £100 and i would have a hard time justifying that - £80 sits right but that is pretty much the limit i'd say...

vhal_x
05-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I originally ordered it at Zavvi when it was £89.99 (everywhere else it was £100) but then when it dropped to £80 at HMV, I switched my preorder to there xx

davidw
05-08-2012, 10:03 AM
me too - seems the best deal at the moment and more than likely the best deal we will get - can't see anyone undercutting that price...

NoScruffyNo
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/game/xbox-360-max-payne-3-special-edition-with-tesco-exclusive-silent-killer-multiplayer-load-out-pack/8%3a932317

£80 at tesco, and I know for a fact that there is lots of tesco £5 and £10 off vouchers for spending over £5 or £75.

Also if you to to http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/noscruffyno and sign up then access Tesco enetertainment via there, you will get 7% cashback on top.

Xmo
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I think everyone has read what Xmo wrote wrongly.

He was replying to everyone who said it's gonna drop in price, and he asked "well would £60 make you buy it?" As in, if it dropped to £60, would you buy it, or would you want to wait till it dropped lower xx

yup thats what i meant to say lol
The price of the special edition in the US is 100$ which is rougly about 60gbp...
im just making a point here because I have not played the game before, yet I love that they included an epic looking statue plus some more goodies.

Xmo
05-08-2012, 11:53 AM
but i will admit so shops are charging £100 and i would have a hard time justifying that - £80 sits right but that is pretty much the limit i'd say...

wow thats so overpriced