PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to do this?

Xmo
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I preordered Assassins Creed 3 and gotten the Steelbook. I don't usually buy new games and would wait till it gets to a $40 price point. So i gotten the steelbook for free but I cancelled it 3 days later.

When gamestop announced Black Ops 2 posters, I preordered 2 copies to get 2 posters and now I will be cancelling it and put the money towards Max Payne 3

Basically I get free stuffs for preordering and cancelling them later on and keep the stuff. Is it somehow wrong to do in a sense or is everyone doing this also? :shrug:

Cosmic_Link
05-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Nope nothing wrong with that. lol in the UK it's even easier if you pre-order in store.

Pre-order, leave with free gift, don't return to collect game, unless you want it! lol

Robalvarez2010
05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
No its not wrong, its just evil lol. I do the same thing so dont worry. There are some games that dont call my attention at all but I preorder them just to get the cool extras and then either cancel the game or just return the game and keep the extras.

gu8
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
lmao i would get shot if you knew what i had done with prerder items over the years!!!

Cosmic_Link
05-10-2012, 11:22 PM
lmao i would get shot if you knew what i had done with prerder items over the years!!!

I just used to walk into stores and ask what pre-order items they have in this week. lol Every Thursday afternoon without fail! XD Most the time i got stuff! :rotf:

Don't ask, don't get! :P

Likey
05-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Don't you have to pay a little deposit? But then again the deposit can go towards something else. Do you have a membership card that you use at the store?

In the UK we have a store called GAME as well as GameStation so I'm not sure if you have to have a store card or not to pre-order. Some games require a £5 deposit, the rest are free to pre-order.

However, I always thought that you get the freebie when you come in to pay for the game and it's first come first served?

Xmo
05-11-2012, 03:02 AM

LOL, I guess you did things that are terrible...

Don't you have to pay a little deposit? But then again the deposit can go towards something else. Do you have a membership card that you use at the store?

In the UK we have a store called GAME as well as GameStation so I'm not sure if you have to have a store card or not to pre-order. Some games require a £5 deposit, the rest are free to pre-order.

However, I always thought that you get the freebie when you come in to pay for the game and it's first come first served?

In gamestop you have to deposit $5 towards the game. There is a gamestop membership called powerup rewards. Don't UK gamestops have it? So I guess its the same idea also.

LOL I could have preordered like 10 Assassins Creed 3 for the steels... or people are also doing that.

foreverflash
05-11-2012, 05:47 AM
You evil sadistic bastard! How could you do such a thing! Preordering just to get free gifts!? My God!

lmao

I congratulate you. That's a great way to get free goodies. You are ok in my book. You gotta know how to work the "system" you know? :P