PDA

View Full Version : BBFC games may become EVEN more valuable

vhal_x
05-11-2012, 02:45 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/347250/pegi-finally-set-to-become-the-sole-uk-game-rating-system/

BBFC is no longer gonna exist, and is gonna be replaced by PEGI in the UK entirely...

Does that mean that BBFC rated games (that also have PEGI rated copies out) are gonna be even more sought after now? xx

gu8
05-11-2012, 02:56 PM
i reckon yes vhal

Cosmic_Link
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
They were on about doing this years ago when my GF was working at GAMe because they were doing age rating training specifically on PEGI because they were looking to phase BBFC out. Looks like it's finally happening then. Guess there's gonna be no way to determine a UK PAL from a Euro PAL soon... :(

RIP BBFC! :(

Likey
05-11-2012, 05:30 PM
As long as the European PAL only have English text then we'll all be happy, right?

Not being racist. :P

nipperkipper
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
the bbfc logo looks much cooler though, did they take this into account?

gurpswoo1
05-12-2012, 04:54 PM
This is a sad day indeed, I much prefer the look of the BBFC logo. is unique and far more limited than the PEGI releases.

Looks like Irish English releases will be the exact same as the UK, expect a huge overlap in stock and an increase in numbers of copies per edition :( .

I do expect the BBFC version to be worth more, time will tell I guess.

Matrix6
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM
It's taken a very long time, but they've been rolling this out for the last few years eh?
Not to hijack, but something similar will happen for Aus. Once the R18+ is implemented sometime next year, all these M/MA15+ ratings for most FPS and Horror games will most likely be R18+ ratings. We're yet to see a design for our R18+ logo as well.

I kinda like the PEGI logos better than BBFC, no offense ^_^

nipperkipper
05-12-2012, 07:30 PM
It's taken a very long time, but they've been rolling this out for the last few years eh?
Not to hijack, but something similar will happen for Aus. Once the R18+ is implemented sometime next year, all these M/MA15+ ratings for most FPS and Horror games will most likely be R18+ ratings. We're yet to see a design for our R18+ logo as well.

I kinda like the PEGI logos better than BBFC, no offense ^_^

:nono:

gurpswoo1
05-12-2012, 07:57 PM
LOL - For me, I am just used to the BBFC logo, grown up with it.

I guess it's the same with Germany with their the USK Logo and USA with their ESRB logo.

Surprised this is happening because there is a reason we have a certification board because the video content must meet the standards of the countries age rating. This is effectively giving control to a different board who may or may not allow content that is inappropriate for the age rating awarded.

Neilikki
05-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, i like PEGI signs more, still BBFC are kinda cool too.
The only logos i hate are the giantic, obnoxious USK ones, wish they would disappear instead ;<