PDA

View Full Version : What is the holy grail of collectables?

KingOfEng
05-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Just wondering what you all think about what may be the best/most collectable or valuable piece that has ever been released?

gurpswoo1
05-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I think a sealed copy of the NTSC version of Stadium events is likely one of the most valuable games out there.

thatzeldacollector
05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
IMO it would depend on what you collect. The sealed NTSC Stadium Events Gurpswoo1 just mentioned wouldn't register on my scale so it's probably different for everyone, unless you're a 'general' collector maybe.

For me it's sealed Zelda games and probably the sealed Majoras Mask Adventure Box and Minish Cap LE, stuff like that.

WolfArvak
05-14-2012, 03:06 AM
:1:The Holy Grail Of Collectables is to Have Something That Few People Know Exist= example the Mass Effect Cerebrus Box, and to display it in awe for the world to see and show and say I got that, this does exist and frame it proudly :1:

nipperkipper
05-14-2012, 03:52 PM
I think the Nintendo Gold competition cart is up there - only 123 made i think and handed to participants of a competition

Robalvarez2010
05-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Well it really all depends what you will consider the holy grail, because what you might think is the holy grail someone else may not. I honestly dont care about any of these but my personal opinion will be stadium events and the nintendo cartride that they gave out in the blockbuster competition. In my personal collection I believe my holy grail will be my neo-tokyo uncharted drake figure.

comaamen86
05-14-2012, 07:09 PM
I think a sealed copy of the NTSC version of Stadium events is likely one of the most valuable games out there.

just reading in retro gamer a sealed copy went for $41000 only 200 copies exist

mawa
05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
just reading in retro gamer a sealed copy went for $41000 only 200 copies exist
only the ntsc copy is worth that much the pal have allot lower price

comaamen86
05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
only the ntsc copy is worth that much the pal have allot lower price

your right forgot to mention that

mawa
05-14-2012, 07:33 PM
and for me my holy grails are my compleet nintendo virtual boy set and allot of promo items like a usa counter version / japan demo set and a red virtual boy key chain only 1 known in the world :)
see here my collection still growing:
http://www.planetvb.com/modules/usercenter/index.php?section=collection&uid=888

gurpswoo1
05-14-2012, 09:13 PM
and for me my holy grails are my compleet nintendo virtual boy set and allot of promo items like a usa counter version / japan demo set and a red virtual boy key chain only 1 known in the world :)
see here my collection still growing:
http://www.planetvb.com/modules/usercenter/index.php?section=collection&uid=888

:drool::drool::drool:

All these super rare items I don't have or will ever own is making me depressed

mawa
05-14-2012, 09:27 PM
:drool::drool::drool:

All these super rare items I don't have or will ever own is making me depressed

lol it have cost me about 3 years to get this all i have hunt allot also i have collect virtual bowling and sd gundam in japan when i whas there so i can check condition :)
my virtual lab is brand new whas a old store stock in japan :)
but still looking for rare promo items that i can buy to make my collection bigger ( but damn the cost me allot lol )

gurpswoo1
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
lol it have cost me about 3 years to get this all i have hunt allot also i have collect virtual bowling and sd gundam in japan when i whas there so i can check condition :)
my virtual lab is brand new whas a old store stock in japan :)
but still looking for rare promo items that i can buy to make my collection bigger ( but damn the cost me allot lol )

Sounds like you put a seriously amount of time and effort into getting them.

That promo items looks to be near impossible to find, can't be many around

mawa
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Sounds like you put a seriously amount of time and effort into getting them.

That promo items looks to be near impossible to find, can't be many around

i have put allot off time in it thats correct
and the promo items are very hard to get or some time impossible lol and when they pop up the price go sky high :(