Edition Name: BFG edition
Platform(s): Xbox 360/PS3/PC
Region(s): TBC
Publisher: Bethesda
Release Date: TBC
Price (RRP): TBC
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description: TBC
Content Description: Bethesda has today unveiled Doom 3: BFG Edition, which will be packed full with all manner of Doom goodness, from the remastered Doom 3 with its 'Resurrection of Evil' add-on pack and hours of new content. This new content will add seven new levels to Doom 3 known collectively as 'The Lost Mission'.

Both Doom 3 and its add-on packs will boast "greatly enhanced graphics" according to the press release, with 5.1 surround sound and 3D support, as well as new lighting and rendering.

There's also a range of gameplay enhancements for Doom 3: BFG Edition, including a new checkpoint save system, smoother frame rate and finely-tuned controls to make both the single-player and multiplayer experiences all the more intense. You'll also have an armour-mounted flashlight too, meaning you can light up those oppressive dark corridors and keep your hands free for blasting hellspawn.

And if all that wasn't enough, the original Doom and Doom 2 will be shoved into the package too, just to sweeten the deal. It's the definitive Doom box. Doom 3: BFG Edition will be taking you back to hell in autumn 2012, complete with achievements.

Link(s) to source(s): http://www.computerandvideogames.com/349883/doom-3-bfg-edition-coming-to-pc-and-consoles-first-trailer/

Other Info/Pics:
Eo69OsqA3Wc&feature=player_embedded

Apologies if this shouldn't be here. But I thought it deserved it seeing it's still technically an edition. And was super excited to share : )

Gemini-Phoenix
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
So just to clarify, the "BFG Edition" refers to the fact that the game is a re-released remastered version of last generation's game, rather than a unique edition of this particular release?

If this is the only edition available, then I don't think we would incclude it in the database (same rule applied for Wolverine: Uncaged Edition)

However, if Bethesda announce a CE of this release (which is likey given their history), then it'll be included, but there would have to be a Doom 3 BFG Edition Collector's Edition for us to do that

web_slinger_62
05-31-2012, 04:31 AM
I wish to know what BFG stands for lol

Raasclark
05-31-2012, 07:55 AM
I believe it genuinely is Big F*cking Gun :)

OniRyo
05-31-2012, 08:07 AM
I believe it genuinely is Big F*cking Gun :)
I can confirm that!.

I'd love a Collector's Editions of this one though, but i don't think we will be getting any more content than this, because we are already getting a lot of new content included with this new BFG edition so if there is a Collector's Edition it will be a bit more phsyical content i think, and that seems a bit useless.

twistedsymphony
06-01-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm moving this out of the Additions and Corrections forum... it wont be added to the database as it's not a real "edition" as it's the only edition that will be made available....

should they decide to announce a genuine CE for this let us know...

Raasclark
06-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Sorry Twisted..

I guess I was looking at this from a different angle, as in an edition of the original PC/Xbox version. But it makes sense that it doesn't belong there now.