PDA

View Full Version : OMG - Avengers 10 Disc CE Set!

davidw
06-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Well my wallet is officially a dead man walking...

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/avengers-assembled.jpg

Though an official date is still unconfirmed, an interesting tease has shown up Amazon for something called the "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled" Blu-ray collection. The tentative list of content for the ten-disc set reads as follows:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The listing also includes the below image, which hints that the set might mimic the briefcase that Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury uses to transport the Cosmic Cube. Whatever is under the S.H.I.E.L.D. cloth, though, is said to be revealed on July 15th.

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 08:58 AM
I can't wait :D xx

davidw
06-01-2012, 09:01 AM
AHHH - it seems to come with a replica of the suitcase Nick Fury uses to store the Cosmic Cube - some people have said it could come with a replica of the cube! it does say memorabilia so it's gotta come with something cool....

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'm actually so excited for this XD I knew there would be something amazing, but this is just looking to be... just WOW. Regardless of price, I'm getting it! xx

davidw
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
i know - it is truly the ultimate marvel/avengers CE - bring on 15th July for the full reveal!

If Phase one was this good - phase two should blow our minds up...

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I wonder how much it's gonna cost XD I hope it'll ship to UK/be available in UK and not make me have to get someone to forward, but if I have to, I will XD xx

davidw
06-01-2012, 09:14 AM
yeah sure it will be available here - the films, and the avengers in particular sold by the bucketload here...

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah, oh my God I can't stop thinking about it XD I want it so much! xx

davidw
06-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah, oh my God I can't stop thinking about it XD I want it so much! xx

Ha ha - i know what you mean still gotta wait till July 15th for the reveal - the agony!

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Hopefully preorders go live then too XD xx

davidw
06-01-2012, 09:21 AM
only listed on Amazon US so far but they are always first to list normally - hopefully should filter down to other sites soon unless it is an amazon exclusive but that seems unlikely...

nipperkipper
06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
im super psyched about this as well

Gemini-Phoenix
06-01-2012, 06:55 PM
This was inevitable, and it's natural that Disney should milk it for all that it's worth.

Do we have a link to the source, and maybe an image? I've just searched Amazon.co.uk and can't find anything...

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Amazon.com Gemini :) Search Avengers and it's like the 5th listing down or so xx

questate
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I just pre-ordered 1 set from Amazon.com. Shipping is just $6.48! But the discs are NTSC, would they work on my PS3 (PAL, UK)?

vhal_x
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Me too :) Hoping they'll work on my Xbox, but if not, will just pick up an Avengers Blu Ray from here anyway, since I've got the rest of the films anyway really xx

Whoops, meant to write on my PS3, but whilst talking to Allan got confused mid sentence LOL! xx

questate
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Great V :) I am not sure though if Xbox would run blu ray, doesnt it only plays DVDs? Unless you have modified it?

questate
06-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Me too :) Hoping they'll work on my Xbox, but if not, will just pick up an Avengers Blu Ray from here anyway, since I've got the rest of the films anyway really xx

Whoops, meant to write on my PS3, but whilst talking to Allan got confused mid sentence LOL! xx

LOL, yeah I was just wondering that when the hell did Microsoft and Sony become best friends?!? :D

Raven
06-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I want, haven't got any of the films so it's perfect =D

Matrix6
06-02-2012, 12:20 AM
So far none of the movies already released are region locked for the Bluray editions [by studios Paramount and Universal], so there's a very good chance The Avengers will be free-for-all :hug:

questate
06-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks mate, I believe it should be safe to retain my pre-order. I hope we get a UK PAL version of the same as well :bananayes:

I_BE_WILL
06-02-2012, 04:21 PM
pre-ordered.... but i'm not looking forward to the extra hit the shipping will take on the wallet.

questate
06-02-2012, 04:24 PM
pre-ordered.... but i'm not looking forward to the extra hit the shipping will take on the wallet.

Shipping to the UK is $6.48 (although we might get hit with customs and handling), how much is it to Australia?

I_BE_WILL
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Well its the standard $5.99 but thats not the final cost, nor is the $6.48. To my knowledge ( i could be wrong) this will fall under the "Additional shipping and handling charges apply to media items of unusual size or weight" category and will have its own special amount to be charged once they know the dimensions and weight of the item.

Matrix6
06-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Well its the standard $5.99 but thats not the final cost, nor is the $6.48. To my knowledge ( i could be wrong) this will fall under the "Additional shipping and handling charges apply to media items of unusual size or weight" category and will have its own special amount to be charged once they know the dimensions and weight of the item.

It'll be fine, what they show at the check out is the final balance when it is shipped/handled by amazon.com. They don't have hidden cost like amazon.de can at times. Or unless amazon.com have drastically under-estimated the gross weight of the product, which would be a rare occurrence.

Shipping cost are as follows [to Aus];
$5.98 - Standard International Shipping
$11.98 - AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping
$24.98 - AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping

I chose 'expedited' shipping to get it a little quicker :)
How often do you order stuff from amazon.com?

comaamen86
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
pre orderd this, quetions if anyone would be kind enough to answer
1.amazon us, their cheapest shipping to uk, what end of the shipping estimate does it usually reach?

2.wil the blurays work on a uk bray player, if not is it easy to buy a multiregion bray player in the uk?

3. in anyoneones expeireince will items get a customs fee?

4.when is this roughly expected out? please not september as it is shaping up to be an expensive month?

im hoping amazon uk get this if not, amazon us will do fine

comaamen86
06-02-2012, 08:18 PM
just answered question 4. May 2012, Disney announced that The Avengers is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and DVD on September 25, 2012. Features will include an audio commentary by Joss Whedon, deleted scenes, featurettes, Disney Second Screen, Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" music video and the Marvel One-Shots short film "Item 47

questate
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
pre orderd this, quetions if anyone would be kind enough to answer
1.amazon us, their cheapest shipping to uk, what end of the shipping estimate does it usually reach?

$6.58 when I booked yesterday via slowest method.

2.wil the blurays work on a uk bray player, if not is it easy to buy a multiregion bray player in the uk?

Matrix6 did answer this earlier, most probably yes.

3. in anyoneones expeireince will items get a customs fee?

Most likely yes, and there will be a handling surcharge of approx £15 too.

Gemini-Phoenix
06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Disney piss me off with their 3D Blu-Ray crap. All of their 3D Blu-Ray releases are "Limited Edition" and only available for a limited time only. If 3D is the next best thing in films, then why the hell do they release them for a limited time only? They're practically implying that 3D is just a fad and it'll soon wear out and disappear just like HD-Dvd or Mini Disc formats...

Ahha, found the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW/ref=sr_tr_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1338704747&sr=8-5

So I guess this hasn't yet been announced for the UK then? I already own all of the films here (except Avengers Assemble, obviously), so not too bothered about it

OniRyo
06-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Would be great to own those movies on bluray and totally on 3D a few of them, i'm just going to wait for it to release in the UK or in the Netherlands, i don't want to miss out on the dutch subtitles on each movie(i can follow English subtitles easy but other people mostly around here can't).

davidw
06-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Just seen this on amazon uk... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0089TNZ2E/

Marvel's The Avengers 6 Disc Blu Ray Set

Includes: Marvel Avengers Assemble, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America

Iron Man: Billionaire industrialist and genius inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, he builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.

The Incredible Hulk: The Incredible Hulk kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular super heroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk.

Iron Man 2: With the world now aware of his dual life as the armored superhero Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces pressure from the government, the press, and the public to share his technology with the military. Unwilling to let go of his invention, Stark, along with Pepper Potts and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, must forge new alliances – and confront powerful enemies.

Thor: The world has many heroes...but only one is a god. When the arrogant warrior Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is banished to Earth from his homeworld of Asgard, he must fight to reclaim his lost powers. Pursued by an invasion force sent to destroy him, the fallen God of Thunder must rise to the battle and learn what it takes to become a true hero.

Captain America: Captain America leads the fight for freedom in the action-packed blockbuster starring Chris Evans as the ultimate weapon against evil! When a terrifying force threatens everyone across the globe, the world's greatest soldier wages war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving).

Avengers Assemble: When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director
of the International peacekeeping agency S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself needing a team to
pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Iconic
Marvel Super Heroes including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America assemble
for the first time ever in this action-packed Marvel saga.

It seems like the 10 disc set minus the 3D editions, the memorabila and the packaging (nick fury's cosmic cube case) i hope this doesn't mean this is all we are going to get...

OniRyo
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Just seen this on amazon uk... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0089TNZ2E/

Marvel's The Avengers 6 Disc Blu Ray Set

It seems like the 10 disc set minus the 3D editions, the memorabila and the packaging (nick fury's cosmic cube case) i hope this doesn't mean this is all we are going to get...

It's quite a huge price difference though, thanks for the information, if the 10 disc isn't coming i'll be getting this one.

Letrico
07-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Hey guys the picture is out

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81CMboVLWDL._AA1500_.jpg

Solemn_In_Berlin
07-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow, this looks good. :drool:

But just for the heck of it, Batman still pwns all. :batman:

Ayiu
07-14-2012, 09:10 PM
From the Marvel Exhibit

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7827/55367610150901159790755.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/55367610150901159790755.jpg/)

was shared through facebook

Cosmic_Link
07-14-2012, 11:00 PM
From the Marvel Exhibit

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7827/55367610150901159790755.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/55367610150901159790755.jpg/)

was shared through facebook

Looks awesome! :D Got mine ordered! ^o^

comaamen86
07-15-2012, 06:32 PM
i was hoping it would come with some more cool gadgets bit dissapointed

piggeh
08-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Anyone know if this set is region coded?

Edit: Found out it's multi-region

Thetof91
08-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe time to get a blu ray?! :O
This is freaking nice :p

Raven
08-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry but for you guys in the UK that pre-ordered it, how much was it for you guys?

Just decided to pre-order it but hell expensive Autumn .... my wallet is literally crying lol.

Also my mate said it dropped for him apparently under the pre-order price promise or something from the current 139.96USD on Amazon.

Sidenote: Looks like there may be a delay

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MyPersonalInsaneAsylum/news/?a=65183

Found out the case is plastic too, was hoping for better material and the cube is something that blinks so most probably just a LED inside. Hoping they remaster the Blu-rays though with all the bonus feature on all films instead of recycling the current ones. Well they did change the covers inside the case so here is to hoping =p

Kusuriuri
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
so much money..for a couple of blueray and some printings, im sorry i dont want to offend the fans, but this is a totally money grab in my opinion

vhal_x
08-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I actually think it's okay value. £100 including shipping for all of those movies, some bonus features, cool little items and packaged in a cool case? Hells yeah.

I've paid more for less! xx

Cosmic_Link
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Sorry but for you guys in the UK that pre-ordered it, how much was it for you guys?

Just decided to pre-order it but hell expensive Autumn .... my wallet is literally crying lol.

Also my mate said it dropped for him apparently under the pre-order price promise or something from the current 139.96USD on Amazon.

Sidenote: Looks like there may be a delay

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MyPersonalInsaneAsylum/news/?a=65183

Found out the case is plastic too, was hoping for better material and the cube is something that blinks so most probably just a LED inside. Hoping they remaster the Blu-rays though with all the bonus feature on all films instead of recycling the current ones. Well they did change the covers inside the case so here is to hoping =p

Where did you hear that the case was plastic...? :S I want something that looks as cool in the pictures. If it doesn't look that cool on my shelf, I'll be a little upset! >.<

Kusuriuri
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I actually think it's okay value. £100 including shipping for all of those movies, some bonus features, cool little items and packaged in a cool case? Hells yeah.

I've paid more for less! xx

Well not all of us can be a site princess with alot of gold and bling bling... u.u lol

vhal_x
08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Haha, I wish I had a lot of gold and bling bling :P I've run out of money for now. Need to wait till next month for anymore purchases :(

Luckily that comes next month, and is already in my budget plan :P xx

Kusuriuri
08-24-2012, 04:03 PM
i made the pre-purchase of guild wars 2 today and next month gonna order some lithographs....so using some money..but not all the budget.

vhal_x
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Haha, I budget myself down to nothing. I'd be totally screwed if my fridge or something broke :rotf:

Nice, you won't be disappointed by the Guild Wars 2 CE (or was it just a standard copy you got?), I received mine a few days ago, and it's amazing. Luckily I paid for it way back in May or something, so luckily I didn't have to worry about paying for it now.

Next month I have far too much.

Shaun of the Dead Steelbook, Scott Pilgrim Steelbook, Jaws Steelbook, The Frighteners Steelbook, Arkham City GOTY, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 We are Tekken CE, Avengers Assemble Steelbook, Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set CE, One Piece Sunny Ship CE, Borderlands 2 Loot Chest CE, Avengers 10 Disc Ultimate CE, Fifa 13 CE, Dead or Alive 5 CE.

All of those fit into my budget, but also got these preordered, which I'll have to cancel if I can't scrounge the money from somewhere...

Shutter Island steelbook, Forrest Gump Steelbook, Hunger Games Steelbook, Cabin in the Woods steelbook, World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria CE, Fifa 13 Ultimate Steelbook Edition.

Grr. Why can't I be rich!? xx

Thetof91
08-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Some budget you have each month if you can buy all that next month xD

vhal_x
08-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Nah, my budget for next month is a little looser as I have less bills to pay next month :) Also, me and my boyfriend both buy CEs, so it's not all just one person's purchases :P

Believe me, most months aren't even half of that :rotf: xx

jazzmartini
08-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Well lucky i PO early as now i check my amazon uk avengers i paid £29.16 now is £33.33 and shipping only £3.58 so quite worth to PO early

Hmv steel PO was £12.79 and shipping £4.50 now is £16

10disc was USD 139.96 plus shipping 8.98 and price still havent increased

Amazon de steel was €22.65 and Now €23.52

Plus now i heard locally there also steelbook edition which i not sure what kind it will look like so i didnt PO for it lol

http://www.tsgroup.com.sg/index.php?page=products&mid=1160

http://www.tsgroup.com.sg/index.php?page=products&mid=1162

Damn i not sure how many avengers i buying but it getting crazy just for this movie :rotf:

Raven
08-25-2012, 03:28 PM
^ Nice, I might pre-order the steelbook edition as well some time or maybe just get it later on =p

My mate pre-ordered the CE for 10USD cheaper than the original price apparently. Like vah I ordered the Street Fighter 25th CE but from Amazon and was charged a Import Fee Deposit but for some reason Amazon didn't charge me that for the Avengers briefcase for some reason so thats why I was kinda concerned

Where did you hear that the case was plastic...? :S I want something that looks as cool in the pictures. If it doesn't look that cool on my shelf, I'll be a little upset! >.<

From that link I posted, this is the quote from it:

“Images of the replica briefcase on Marvel’s advertising materials, and fan video from Marvel’s product display at this year’s Comic-Con convention, show the plastic ‘replica case’ to be a close copy of Rimowa’s Topas attaché case in every respect but quality,” states the complaint from Rimowa, “from the proportions and coloring, to the style of the handle and latches, and, of course, in the use of the trademarked parallel ridges around the body of the case.”

Also apparently region 1 only =(

This guy apparently spoke to a Disney Rep - http://www.amazon.com/uk-release/forum/FxVNATWPJQDO8E/Tx101217QMCS9J7/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0083SBMGW&cdMsgID=Mx1GDWCXMJGQJ3P&cdMsgNo=11&cdSort=oldest#Mx1GDWCXMJGQJ3P

Also this - http://www.amazon.com/review/R7K8V3UU1PLGV/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0083SBMGW&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

Cosmic_Link
08-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Also apparently region 1 only =(

This guy apparently spoke to a Disney Rep - http://www.amazon.com/uk-release/forum/FxVNATWPJQDO8E/Tx101217QMCS9J7/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0083SBMGW&cdMsgID=Mx1GDWCXMJGQJ3P&cdMsgNo=11&cdSort=oldest#Mx1GDWCXMJGQJ3P

Also this - http://www.amazon.com/review/R7K8V3UU1PLGV/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0083SBMGW&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

Ah, Ok, I didn't fully read the original post, just kinda skimmed through it, so didn't take in vital bits of info about the case material! XD Still undecided about whether to get this or not... :S Still have my pre-order open though.

Also, I would just like to say that the guy who has said that PS3 consoles are the only region free blu-ray players, in one of your links, is wrong. The PS3 isn't region free. It's the actual disks themselves which are region free. Most are region free, but some of them may have region locks in place. This is all down to the publisher. So don't be lead into thinking that just because you have you have a PS3, you will be able to play these on there, if they are region locked. This is the same for games too, even though there hasn't been a region locked game so far, there is still the option for publishers to do so... lol

Just trying to look out for importers who plan on watching these copies. :D

Also, the Region thing, just to be picky, Blu-rays have different region coding. Region A - USA, Canada and Asian countries, Region B - Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Region C - Russia and India (Apparently). Mainly Regions A and B are used. Regions 0-8 are used for DVDs.

Anyway, if this truly is region locked, I will be cancelling my pre-order. Will wait for some solid evidence to indicate this.

Raven
08-31-2012, 02:06 PM
^ Ah lol didn't see that part about the PS3 lol just read about the region lock, reminds me that I raged when Atlus put a region lock on Persona 4 Arena =/

Seems unlikely though as most of Disney's Blu-rays are region free from North America save the odd few.

Raven
09-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Looks like we will not be getting a suitcase but a gift set

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/28/disney-appears-to-respond-to-avengers-suitcase-lawsuit/

Hope they drop the price a bit =p

Although note that there isn't an official statement from Marvel/Disney.

Cosmic_Link
09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
And just like that, my order is cancelled! :D

Lemur
09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
I cancelled mine when I heard it was plastic case. This is looking to be a disaster :facepalm:

Raven
09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
There is also this

http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-the-avengers-target-exclusive-4-disc-3d-blu-ray-combo-pack-includes-90-minute-bonus-disc/-/A-14178658

For those that maybe just want the bonus disc although not much is said about the one that comes with the collectors set so may not be the same one. Unfortunately Target doesn't ship internationally =(

jazzmartini
09-05-2012, 02:37 PM
For me i still sitting on the fence for this and wrote to amazon asking what the outcome n status of this, they replied they still in the process of solving this with the distributor so they cant share more info with me.

But they do offer to waive off my shipping charges plus upgrade my delivery to AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping without additional cost which i felt they already doing the best they can for customers who po this. So i guess i still wait till few days before they released to hear more good news lol, fingers cross

Raven
09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
For me i still sitting on the fence for this and wrote to amazon asking what the outcome n status of this, they replied they still in the process of solving this with the distributor so they cant share more info with me.

But they do offer to waive off my shipping charges plus upgrade my delivery to AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping without additional cost which i felt they already doing the best they can for customers who po this. So i guess i still wait till few days before they released to hear more good news lol, fingers cross

oh really!? I might do the same and ask them xD lol

jazzmartini
09-06-2012, 01:06 AM
oh really!? I might do the same and ask them xD lol

Lol u could try, usually amazon is quite nice on waiving off fees etc and maybe due to i wasnt inform thru email abt the CE encounter problem and was put on review?

Raven
09-07-2012, 09:14 AM
^ lol I emailed them and got the trade mark standard template reply =p

Oh more news -

http://screenrant.com/marvel-phase-one-avengers-box-set-release-date-2013/

Now I have more funds to buy another CE =D, I may jump in on the RE6 NHL Edition now or maybe a new SSD drive for notebook considering Samsung is offering £20 cashback on their 256GB SSD drives in the UK, it's quite a steal.

Edit: Extra news

Seems like alot of people raging on the Rimowa FB page xD

http://www.facebook.com/Rimowa

jazzmartini
09-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Lol i email them again as i pretty confused whether if the 10disc will be released on 25th sept and will there be price drop since there no briefcase anymore or this order will be update to the new one released on spring 2013 haha

vhal_x
09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
The ten disc as a whole has been delayed until 2013. They are hoping it will still be a briefcase, albeit a modified one from the existing design. But for now, the set is delayed xx

Xmo
09-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Some late news lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8UaaxfoY6s

Raven
09-09-2012, 12:46 AM
The limited edition Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled Collection has been delayed and is scheduled to ship in Spring 2013. The Collection will come in a new briefcase and include even more than the content and features that we had first advertised.

Can't directly link it but found on Marvel's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Marvel), awesome =D

jazzmartini
09-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Got another mail and seem pretty good to me for sticking on the order with amazon.

To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging). To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012.

vhal_x
09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice, just redeemed my code. You still have to pay for shipping, but £4 for an Avengers Bluray Double Play isn't bad at all :) xx

Raven
09-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah I had that email too, pretty awesome and nice of amazon and Marvel.

Pretty surprised as well as wondering this would give anybody the initiative to cancel their pre-order once they redeemed the code? Thats if they aren't a true collector as they already own the film.

Xmo
09-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Can't directly link it but found on Marvel's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Marvel), awesome =D

"More" is just convinced me to order this :)
Is this a limited run?

Matrix6
09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Nice, just redeemed my code. You still have to pay for shipping, but £4 for an Avengers Bluray Double Play isn't bad at all :) xx
Our patience is already paying off ^_^

Pretty surprised as well as wondering this would give anybody the initiative to cancel their pre-order once they redeemed the code? Thats if they aren't a true collector as they already own the film.
No harm in keeping the pre-order until you see what they'll actually offer when it's ready....that is, if one has the intentions of cancelling. ;)

Can't wait to receive my "technically" Bluray :) So glad they're region free!

Raven
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Price hike of $197.10 USD at time of writing lol, glad I kept my pre-order. But yeah they revealed what we are now getting =D

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW/ref=cm_cd_f_pb_t

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81NMa8jvuML._AA1500_.jpg

Special Features
Top-secret Bonus Disc includes:

• “And Then Shawarma After” featurette
• Never-before-seen deleted scenes, extended scenes, featurettes, animatics and more from each film
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia (prop reproductions and artifacts) from the motion pictures.
• Exclusive inside look at Marvel’s Iron Man 3 and other films from Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

This limited-edition, 10-disc Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection will allow fans to immerse themselves in every aspect of Marvel’s elite Super Heroes. Complete with glowing Tesseract, this exciting collection includes stunning Blu-ray 3D™ and Blu-ray™ presentations of Marvel’s The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor , as well as Blu-ray™ versions of “Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and The Incredible Hulk in exclusive collectible packaging.

Contents Include:

• Marvel’s The Avengers film (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger film (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
• Thor film (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 film (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk film (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man film (Blu-ray)
• Top-secret Bonus Disc

Pretty sweet, glad I waited it out plus my freebie of the combo from amazon xD

Cosmic_Link
11-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Couldn't believe it! 0.0 Definitely gonna get this. Gonna scrape all my pennies together so I has enough for release! :D Especially for $140! ;)

Twisted
12-01-2012, 04:48 AM
but whats the point in this?..i mean once iron man 3 hits and avengers 2 hits in the next 1 to 3 years this set will seem incomplete and dated..especially after they re release it with those upcoming movies..not to forget captain america 2..all slated for the next 1 to 3 years.

tonybsg
12-01-2012, 06:14 AM
but whats the point in this?..i mean once iron man 3 hits and avengers 2 hits in the next 1 to 3 years this set will seem incomplete and dated..especially after they re release it with those upcoming movies..not to forget captain america 2..all slated for the next 1 to 3 years.

Hey twisted, I think this is an example that they are going to make it in a way that there is a point. We all know of course that they will milk the cow as much as they can. :D

They called all these movies Phase One. So this boxset has everything up to date. After the release of all the movies you mention they'll probably do the same in a Phase Two boxset, in around 3-4 years like you say (since Avengers 2 will come out 2015). So, I think it's not that bad.. we've seen far worse milking releases, without extras and another release with extras etc etc. All this assuming they'll release a Phase Two box set as well. :)

Twisted
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
i think the phase II box set will have everything phase 1 will have and additional exclusives for the phase 1 set..so they can force consumers to double dip so they can pad more profits..there probably holding back on some phase 1 stuff for the inevitable release of phase II

Raven
03-31-2013, 06:41 PM
IGN unboxing

5Q_5ZBq9XQU

Lol @ the guy doing the unboxing, looks cheap and plastic =( and not much details on what we are getting on the bonus discs. Especially concerned with the special features from the original individual blu-rays like in the Iron man films. Also fingerprints galore on the discs in which the way it's stored and creases on the papers cases (and the edges!), though looks nice I don't particularly like it.

But hey I don't have any of the films so yeah, keeping my pre-order although probably kick myself later from the inevitable price drop.

Xmo
03-31-2013, 06:57 PM
I thought this never got out because of legal troubles...

Matrix6
04-01-2013, 03:35 AM
The briefcase is very plastic-fantastic :/

Not sure if it's worth $150 now since most of the movies included are really really cheap now on their own. Looks good but now "classy looking" enough to me.

lhurgoyf
04-01-2013, 10:40 PM
My order is listed as shipping soon. Will see whether or not it looks bad in person.

hotware
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Mine has just turned up. I am not happy at all as it was sent without any packaging and the delivery label was stuck on the front of the actual box covering the actors faces!!!
As you could imagine its not in good condition all the corners are damaged but I am suprised the tesseract still works when I press the button through the hole on the box. I have not opened it so can't comment on how cheap it looks but it does feel quite heavy.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

Cosmic_Link
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Mine has just turned up. I am not happy at all as it was sent without any packaging and the delivery label was stuck on the front of the actual box covering the actors faces!!!
As you could imagine its not in good condition all the corners are damaged but I am suprised the tesseract still works when I press the button through the hole on the box. I have not opened it so can't comment on how cheap it looks but it does feel quite heavy.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

Damn that sucks man! >.< Sorry to hear that. :( Mine best not turn up like that else amazon are gonna get a verbal kicking! >.< Pics please?

Also, did you incur any customs fees? 0.o

Raven
04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Damn that sucks man! >.< Sorry to hear that. :( Mine best not turn up like that else amazon are gonna get a verbal kicking! >.< Pics please?

Yeah my is on it's way too =(

I selected it as a gift =p

Cosmic_Link
04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah my is on it's way too =(

I selected it as a gift =p

I always select gift too, but it doesn't stop Royal Fail or Parcelfail from slapping a fee on it anyway because they're bastards. :(

The thing is, it hasn't been shipped with tracking like amazon usually do, and my local parcelfail depot can't seem to find my address even though they have delivered here plenty of times... -_- Had to go and collect my X-Blades CEs from the depot today because they couldn't find my house... -_-

Cosmic_Link
04-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Anybody else in the UK got their's yet? Just curious as to whether it was delivered by Royal Fail or Parcelfail? 0.o Need to know, as if it is the latter I will need to call them and see if they have it as they couldn't find my address last week! >.<

vhal_x
04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Haven't received mine yet xx

Cosmic_Link
04-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Haven't received mine yet xx

Cool! :D Good to know! ^^ Update in here when you get it please? :D

Cheers mate! ^^

vhal_x
04-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Will do :) xx

jazzmartini
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Mine came in a box with those air pouch but doesnt seem to help much as bottom edges still dented but i opening it up so doesnt matter too much to me, will post more pix ltr

tonybsg
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Pics pics pics :D

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/tonypapadovic/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7310.jpg (http://s541.photobucket.com/user/tonypapadovic/media/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7310.jpg.html)

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/tonypapadovic/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7308.jpg (http://s541.photobucket.com/user/tonypapadovic/media/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7308.jpg.html)

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/tonypapadovic/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7313.jpg (http://s541.photobucket.com/user/tonypapadovic/media/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7313.jpg.html)

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/tonypapadovic/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7314.jpg (http://s541.photobucket.com/user/tonypapadovic/media/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7314.jpg.html)

hotware
04-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Here is a pic on how it turned up, I am suprised there was not more damage. I have put a post-it note over my address!
It was delivered by Royal Mail. I did not select it as a gift when I ordered it and I paid all the custom charges through Amazon, would I have not paid the custom charges if I had selected it as a gift?

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m605/hotware1/Random/IMAG0239.jpg (http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/hotware1/media/Random/IMAG0239.jpg.html)

tonybsg
04-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I think you should contact amazon regarding the lack of packaging, and any damage is unacceptable of course!

jazzmartini
04-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Once u open up it light up

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/jazzmartini/4A134132-02F8-4B16-B94C-7CF3087B54F0-17301-00000A6D106D2F3A.jpg

The light inside that make it glow

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/jazzmartini/0FB6029C-7CE5-4837-B574-EC4DDB76878A-17301-00000A6D16F7EA4A.jpg

The cube battery, even remove the safety paper, it doesnt flash. End up i unscrew the four screws and touch the connectors then it light up and doesnt work again

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/jazzmartini/E9DDC9F9-2678-40CF-A67A-08A4F10D8EF0-17301-00000A6D1B115E8F.jpg

After i get the cube to work

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/jazzmartini/019B737A-3353-45D8-A54A-AC5C6DCBCD34-17301-00000A6D1F19AD63.jpg

But sadly the disc cover got cuts by the box but i watching them so no big deal

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/jazzmartini/76A81496-13A6-4E0A-9FDA-FA5BAD054B36-17301-00000A6D2A79F2DE.jpg

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/jazzmartini/5B6FE54F-AB56-44F8-8E5A-AFDDC8BE4DE2-17301-00000A6D2E80B755.jpg

I feel the design itself for putting the disc is pretty stupid as the paper cover will get cuts from the side edges by sliding in and out often :( plus amazon kindly agreed to refund 20% of this so i all good since the rest of the stuff is working fine lol

Cosmic_Link
04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Here is a pic on how it turned up, I am suprised there was not more damage. I have put a post-it note over my address!
It was delivered by Royal Mail. I did not select it as a gift when I ordered it and I paid all the custom charges through Amazon, would I have not paid the custom charges if I had selected it as a gift?

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m605/hotware1/Random/IMAG0239.jpg (http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/hotware1/media/Random/IMAG0239.jpg.html)

Oh damn! >.< That is really bad. There is no excuse for that. I would be straight on chat to amazon and I would demand a full refund or a replacement. If they want the original item I would demand that they arrange for it to be collected. That is absolute bullshit and who ever the asshole was at the warehouse who sent it like that wants fucking shooting. >.<

On another note, nice pics guys. :D I look forward to getting mine! ^o^

This pic by Tonybsg in particular made me laugh... lol

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/tonypapadovic/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7308.jpg (http://s541.photobucket.com/user/tonypapadovic/media/DVD%20Collection/Blu%20Ray%20Movies/BD%20Box%20Sets/DSCN7308.jpg.html)

"One of a Limited Edition" :lmao:

tonybsg
04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
^^Yeap, highly collectable certificate! :lmao:

Lemur
04-13-2013, 03:59 AM
That's the most retarded cert I've seen. :hammer:

Lemur
04-13-2013, 04:01 AM

LOL I think someone at the warehouse took "Shipped in it's original packaging" literally.

Raven
04-17-2013, 02:06 PM

I always select gift too, but it doesn't stop Royal Fail or Parcelfail from slapping a fee on it anyway because they're bastards. :(

The thing is, it hasn't been shipped with tracking like amazon usually do, and my local parcelfail depot can't seem to find my address even though they have delivered here plenty of times... -_- Had to go and collect my X-Blades CEs from the depot today because they couldn't find my house... -_-

Anybody else in the UK got their's yet? Just curious as to whether it was delivered by Royal Fail or Parcelfail? 0.o Need to know, as if it is the latter I will need to call them and see if they have it as they couldn't find my address last week! >.<

Yeah true that, Amazon declares their products properly T_T

To answer your question in my current situation, I need to pay custom charges @ 32GBP (letter came through today) which is 1/3 of the original price and it's by parcelfail.

Hopefully mine is packaged properly and somewhat regretting getting this from looking at some reviews off amazon.

Bloody expensive month, especially with the Torment CE and now Xilia adding to the punishment ...... good times good times

Cosmic_Link
04-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah true that, Amazon declares their products properly T_T

To answer your question in my current situation, I need to pay custom charges @ 32GBP (letter came through today) which is 1/3 of the original price and it's by parcelfail.

Hopefully mine is packaged properly and somewhat regretting getting this from looking at some reviews off amazon.

Bloody expensive month, especially with the Torment CE and now Xilia adding to the punishment ...... good times good times

Cheers for that! >.< Had a feeling it was gonna get a customs charge. Will see if Parcelfail dropped a not through the door today. Will give them til the end of the week before I phone them.

If it hasn't been packaged correctly, I'll be returning to sender. Not paying a customs fee on something which was incorrectly packed.

vhal_x
04-17-2013, 06:22 PM
I've not had a customs fee note, nor have I received my package.

Did you have it marked as a gift, Raven? xx

comaamen86
04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
fort what its worth would it not have been easier just paying the customs fee deposit

Cosmic_Link
04-17-2013, 07:20 PM
We wasn't given an option with this when we pre-ordered last year. Usually amazon are pretty good and if you go and have a moan on their chat about the customs fees they might refund ya. :D Have only had a customs charge on 1 item I has had from them and they refunded me the charge I paid as well as the deposit I paid before hand. :D So couldn't hurt to try! Lol

comaamen86
04-17-2013, 07:30 PM
aahhh just for the ease i always use middle shipping usually turns up in 5 days well packed no customs fee's

Raven
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I've not had a customs fee note, nor have I received my package.

Did you have it marked as a gift, Raven? xx

Yeah I did

We wasn't given an option with this when we pre-ordered last year. Usually amazon are pretty good and if you go and have a moan on their chat about the customs fees they might refund ya. :D Have only had a customs charge on 1 item I has had from them and they refunded me the charge I paid as well as the deposit I paid before hand. :D So couldn't hurt to try! Lol

lol might give that a go, although can't see it going well as not really that good at these kinda things =p I can see them saying something like, there is nothing we can do for your stupidity of not knowing your going to get a custom charge on it lol

Although I just had it today and i like it, it is really nice but as jazz said - paper cover has cuts from the side edges, infact it came with cuts. Maybe this is a good thing to complain about =p

Cosmic_Link
04-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Got mine today! :D Very impressed with the set! ^o^ not very impressed with the customs fees though. >.< nearly 30GBP in fees. :(

However, after a fair bit of moaning, I got a small win from amazon and managed to get a refund of $15 for the inconvenience which pretty much covered Parcelfail's outrageous admin fees. >.<

Mine also came with marks on the one edge of the disk sleeves. Due to bad design of where the sleeves go. There are small notches in the base which the sleeves are supposed to go in which appear to be the cause of the damage... -_- have padded those notches with some bubblewrap to avoid further damage to the sleeves.

Raven
04-23-2013, 07:41 PM
padded those notches with some bubblewrap to avoid further damage to the sleeves.

Exactly what I did! lol

but wasn't successful with my moaning =p

speaking of which can't wait for this Fri evening, going to watch Iron man 3 =D

Cosmic_Link
04-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Your technique is all wrong then! :P You're supposed to moan, moan some more, guilt trip CS rep, moan some more, then enquirie about compensation and then persist with compensation from amazon until you get an acceptable result. :D

I'm holding on for a little before going to cinema to see Iron Man 3. Will prob go next week. Hope it's good! ^^

MadMan5
04-25-2013, 03:52 AM
LOL I think someone at the warehouse took "Shipped in it's original packaging" literally.
Was looking to get this but are all the discs Region A/1 as sometimes they get it wrong.

Cosmic_Link
04-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Don't know exactly what Regions they all are. I would assume region free. They all play in my player fine though which is a UK bought player. I will have a proper look when I get home and let ya know. :D

Cosmic_Link
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Have had a proper look and it doesn't state on the box, or the wallets that the disks are in, what regions they are, so I would assume they're region free.

Raven
04-25-2013, 09:35 PM
I watched them all and I can confirm it's region free

Works on my UK Blu-ray rom on Desktop and my imported PS3 from HK

Your technique is all wrong then! :P You're supposed to moan, moan some more, guilt trip CS rep, moan some more, then enquirie about compensation and then persist with compensation from amazon until you get an acceptable result. :D

lol something I'm not good at =p

MadMan5
04-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Don't know exactly what Regions they all are. I would assume region free. They all play in my player fine though which is a UK bought player. I will have a proper look when I get home and let ya know. :D
Thanks for the info.