PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Collectors Edition

adam1289
07-06-2012, 11:07 AM
I purchased a couple games today, and managed to pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 Collectors Edition Brand New for $68. However when I opened the box and took out the figurines one of the swords had snapped off.:pooryou:
Should superglue fix it, or will it eventually break again.

Has anyone else had similar experiences.:banghead:

vhal_x
07-06-2012, 11:11 AM
If you bought it brand new from a store then they should replace it for you (providing they have more stock of it).

Failing that, then glue should fix it, but it may not look as good as it should :(

Sorry to hear about that :( xx

HIPPEEDUDE
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
I purchased a couple games today, and managed to pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 Collectors Edition Brand New for $68. However when I opened the box and took out the figurines one of the swords had snapped off.:pooryou:
Should superglue fix it, or will it eventually break again.

Has anyone else had similar experiences.:banghead:

Dude,if its the bargain special at EB games that you bought ring them
up & ask for another one. I bought one from them,got it home &
opened it to check contents before putting on the shelf to find a
receipt in it,the dam thing was used!! I rang them up & they just said
bring it in & we will swap it over for you,no dramas at all:D

kittychloe
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Eb games right, if you dont care glue will work, otherwise take it back and find a different store with a copy and ask to see it first

Dreamcazman
07-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I bought one from them,got it home &
opened it to check contents before putting on the shelf to find a
receipt in it,the dam thing was used!!
You sound surprised - didn't you know EB sell second hand games as new? :facepalm:

Every game that gets returned during the 7 day return will be sold again as new, when it's clearly used. That's why every game I buy has to be sealed, then you know it's 'new'.

HIPPEEDUDE
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
You sound surprised - didn't you know EB sell second hand games as new? :facepalm:

Every game that gets returned during the 7 day return will be sold again as new, when it's clearly used. That's why every game I buy has to be sealed, then you know it's 'new'.

No,i didnt know they sold used games,thats the first i ever knew:P
EB Games can be a pain in the but at times but,you can still get the
odd good deals & service. In this case the box i had gotten appeared
all sealed up,no signs of stickers been removed etc. So whoever opened
it before me was very careful to open it. Unfortunately with EB Games
they dont really label large things like this as being used if its returned,
they believe what they customer said,that he didnt want it & dont bother
to check the contents at all.
The other downside to EB Games is that alot of collectors editions dont
come sealed in plastic like other places. Some do & some dont for what
ever reason there may be at the time. RE5 is one example that didnt
come sealed in plastic from EB Games

adam1289
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM

I didn't know that, however the copy I bought was factory sealed.:(

Gazereths
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd send it back mate, sometimes superglue can discolour plastic or resin.

If they haven't got any more in stock ask for a partial refund.

kittychloe
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Lol, most city's have somewhere that can reseal things for you, usually costs a couple of bucks.. I forget the name of the store that does it, but they used to reseal cds for people

Dreamcazman
07-06-2012, 01:09 PM
The other downside to EB Games is that alot of collectors editions dont come sealed in plastic like other places. Some do & some dont for whatever reason there may be at the time. RE5 is one example that didnt come sealed in plastic from EB Games
These CE's are the same no matter where you buy them. If they aren't sealed in plastic, they'd usually have some sort of stickers over the openings. I remember my RE5 has a big Xbox360 sticker over the opening.
I didn't know that, however the copy I bought was factory sealed.:(
In that case it probably got damaged during transit (or from the factory). If everything else is fine, it might be easier just to swap the figurine rather than the whole thing.