PDA

View Full Version : Do you spend more time collecting than gaming?

ingmar1988
07-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Hey guys, i catch myself lately that i spend alot of time on this forum, on neogaf, n4g etc. And of course hunting on ebay and various other auction sites.

I read alot about games, i spend a lot of time collecting. But i actually dont spend alot of time on gaming. The last game i played alot was mass effect 3, i played a few days marathon, but now i havent touched my ps3 for a while. I only boot up my 3ds since its so convenient, just playing in bed for a short while and just clap it shut when you want to pause.

Bloodman
07-10-2012, 02:06 AM
I believe there is always a period for everyone when you just cant find anything to play , nothing satisfies you and when you try to play something you dump it after half an hour.

The bad thing with collecting is that you get addicted and spent hours/days on the internet buying stuff you'd never buy in the first place XD or just searching and expanding your "wishlist" .

I hope i will never do that and that i will continue to collect stuff i really like , not just because something is popular and very limited.

( sorry got carried away a little bit ):P

toxicatom5
07-10-2012, 03:55 AM
I go back and forth a bit; but, yes, I probably spend more time collecting than playing. My reason isn't that I can't find anything to play or that I'm bored with games, it's just life in general. Kids, wife, job, errands, etc. I just don't have a lot of time where I can sit down a get into a game for an hour or 8 like I did in college.

Collecting on the other hand can be done here and there. If I have 5 minutes at work I can check CE.org or n4g, etc. It's something that is easy to fit into my day.

...I still try to get in a session every chance I get though!

kittychloe
07-10-2012, 05:17 AM
I would also blame life in general for not playing much, shift work tires me out and since i work in television the last thing i want to do is anything infront of a tv.. Theres also the whole after 20 years of playing games and researching 40 years of consoles in general its hard to find something new and interesting to catch my attention

Mike1888
07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
I`d say I spend much more time gaming. I play a ton of multiplayer.

Solemn_In_Berlin
07-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Nope. I've been playing the Association mode of NBA 2K12 for a while now, and I've been playing Disgaea 4 for practically forever. I've also been hitting Tales of Graces f, Starhawk, Record of Agarest War 2 and the Max Payne 3 MP recently.

For time spent collecting, I just spend a few minutes looking for things.

vhal_x
07-10-2012, 11:37 AM
For me, yeah I'd probably say I spend more time collecting than gaming.

I mean, I still play games, I'm actually playing through The Amazing Spider-Man right this minute (have paused to type) - but I do spend a lot more time collecting, especially as, with a soon-to-be two year old running around, it's hard to focus on a game for hours on end, whereas with collecting, as a previous poster said, can be done here and there throughout the day.

5 mins here, an hour there, whenever I get a moment I'll be on here looking at editions, on sites making preorders, and on chat talking about editions :rotf: xx

Xmo
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I have not touched my ps3 games since my "Join Date"

Robalvarez2010
07-11-2012, 11:51 PM
I use to collect more then what I play but since I stopped collecting games that have nothing to do with uncharted I have a little more time to play. But I still dont play that much. I might play 2 days a week with about 8 hours of gameplay. Its just life in general that does not give me the time to play. Just imagine I have 3 little girls by the ages of 6,4,2 so what time do you think I have to play.

Tauran
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
I would consider myself a hardcore gamer. With over 300 titles i've probably finished about 80% of them.

I spend about 10 or so hours a week looking for new stuff. if i have the time i can spend upwards of 60 hours in the same week gaming....When i have the time.

Having said that life tends to stop me from doing either so i splurge when i get the chance and the time.

KittyTay
07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
I spend more time for gaming than collecting. Now a day’s I’m playing max Payne 3 (special edition)