PDA

View Full Version : preorder or bargain bin?

swedish
07-13-2012, 04:54 AM
how many of you preorder you CEs to secure that u are able to get a copy?
and how many wait/hope that it reaches the bargain bin at a reduced price?
i for one only buy them when they are rather cheap. since i dont have a surplus of money and since i like bargain hunting :)
although it may be a pain when your unable to find a copy, which makes you regret not preordering it in the beginning
(wish i preordered borderlands 2 ultimate loot chest since i have a feeling it may be hard to find afterwards)
(not sure if there is a similar thread to this my apologies if there is)

vhal_x
07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I preorder everything. So I'm pretty used to that feeling of disappointment when a CE drops in price soon after release.

I've even started to preorder games I'm not as interested in, like ones I don't really want to play or anything. As long as I like the look of the CE and it's contents, chances are I'll preorder it :)

Although every now and then, I'll take a look through everything I've preordered and realised I've got way too much ordered one month, so I'll cancel a couple of things, starting with the ones I've just ordered because I like the look of them - and hope that I can pick them up at some point after release (even if it's not at a lower price, but definitely not higher price) xx

Dreamcazman
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
I preorder most CE's if it's something I don't want to miss. Like most people I get disheartened when I find I could've picked up certain CE's at a bargain price later on, but that's the risk you take.

There are a few CE's I've picked up afterwards when they've dropped in price, these are one's I weren't too concerned about at release time, but I'm glad I got them cheaper.

Xmo
07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
bargain hunting is rewarding but if your looking and found none its quite disappointing. although it is time consuming... do you have any pointers/tips?
I could be wrong, but I always think shops in canada gives better sale, deals etc.

I only preordered 3 ce's in the past and have money set aside or save up for it

swedish
07-13-2012, 05:17 PM
sometimes i use kajjij to find ppl in my area who are selling ce rather cheap, i use price watch on the futureshop website and i search products on gamestop to see cheap CEs that are within a certain radius (like fallout 3 ce is only 30$ at gamestop however few stores have them in stock, i just find stores that are rather close and call to confirm they are in stock)

kittychloe
07-14-2012, 09:07 AM
If you dont mind second hand games you can gnerally pick up the physically smaller collectors editions at second hand dvd stores